Which player will surprise us most this summer?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Zay Jones. Will Solidify he is the top WR on this Roster 

Zay has never really stepped up in his career in Buffalo.  He’s had 2 decent games against NYJ in 2017 and Miami in 2018.  Outside of that he’s very average.  I don’t see any reason why we should expect more...but we’ll see

Just now, cage said:

Jason Croom.... won't be getting cut.  I think he'll show substantial improvement and could even start.

He can start by learning how NOT to fumble after the catch

Just now, bilzfancy said:

That's who I have too, could be another 5th rd steal, like Matt Milano. He could play all 3 LB positions but he'll probably start out as a STs demon

Tell you what...just from watching his film, if he puts it all together he could be a monster.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Tell you what...just from watching his film, if he puts it all together he could be a monster.

Depending on how you value the opinion of Chris Simms, he rates Joseph very close to the two Devins...Bush and White. Joseph certainly has an arsenal of tools at his disposal if he matures and plays by the rules.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Zay has never really stepped up in his career in Buffalo.  He’s had 2 decent games against NYJ in 2017 and Miami in 2018.  Outside of that he’s very average.  I don’t see any reason why we should expect more...but we’ll see

He can start by learning how NOT to fumble after the catch

By Average you mean being the Bills leader in Every Receiving statistical Category last year right?  

1 hour ago, cage said:

Jason Croom.... won't be getting cut.  I think he'll show substantial improvement and could even start.

Mans has Owner Power. Though being with the Owners Daughter can be a double edged sword. 

I’m higher on Croom than most, but seeing that they drafted two at his position (telling me they are not totally infatuated....other than maybe the owners’ daughter), I’ll say Singletary later in the year. I suspect given their age Gore and/or Shady will be limited at best by mid-season. 

I'll go with Garrett McGhin.  No, he's not going to make the 53 man roster, but he's a big, strong athletic guy who is going to show he can correct the  technique weaknesses he had coming out of college.  He's also got position flexibility, having played every spot on the line but left tackle.  He will make the PS.

Edited by TigerJ
make additions

7 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Almost every summer at least one player pleasantly surprises in training camp and preseason. 

I realize that this is more about hoping this is the case than anything else.

This summer, my prediction is that Duke Williams and Devin Singletary will be those players.

In this case, if these two players come through, combined with a great defense and Josh Allen progressing, the Bills will be a very solid playoff team. They can help turn around two of the weakest areas from last year and also play a big role in Allen's progression.

See some people saying Cole, Allen, etc...would those really be a “surprise” when they are expected to look good lol?  

I like the 2 you chose and also David Sills at the skill positions to potentially turn some heads in camp.  I said on draft night I think Singletary is going to be a hard guy to keep on the bench and feel he will shock some people with how elusive and powerful he is as a RB.  

Another guy I think will surprise some people is Trent Murphy.  He’s got a lot of doubters and haters around here, but now that he’s finally fully back from injury and confident in his body again, I think he’s going to really shine with all the talent in that front 7.

Another guy I like to surprise on D is Kevin Johnson.  I think he is another guy whose got the injuries behind him and will be someone turning heads in camp.  

And the shout out out for the Vets...I think Ty is going to surprise a lot of people and win a starting job in the new OL and Dawkins or Ford may slide inside or he could even push Ford to the bench to bring along slower.  End of the day, they want to protect Allen to the fullest, and I think there is a good chance the rookie will start the season as a reserve and groomed before being handed a starting spot.  We got a lot of quality vets on this team now, so there is no pressure to rush him into starting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

That's who I have too, could be another 5th rd steal, like Matt Milano. He could play all 3 LB positions but he'll probably start out as a STs demon

Tell you what...just from watching his film, if he puts it all together he could be a monster. Another veteran player that I am partial to is Kevin Johnson. He still has a lot of talent if he can finally stay healthy...he could really help the Bills.

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See some people saying Cole, Allen, etc...would those really be a “surprise” when they are expected to look good lol?  

I like the 2 you chose and also David Sills at the skill positions to potentially turn some heads in camp.  I said on draft night I think Singletary is going to be a hard guy to keep on the bench and feel he will shock some people with how elusive and powerful he is as a RB.  

Another guy I think will surprise some people is Trent Murphy.  He’s got a lot of doubters and haters around here, but now that he’s finally fully back from injury and confident in his body again, I think he’s going to really shine with all the talent in that front 7.

Another guy I like to surprise on D is Kevin Johnson.  I think he is another guy whose got the injuries behind him and will be someone turning heads in camp.  

And the shout out out for the Vets...I think Ty is going to surprise a lot of people and win a starting job in the new OL and Dawkins or Ford may slide inside or he could even push Ford to the bench to bring along slower.  End of the day, they want to protect Allen to the fullest, and I think there is a good chance the rookie will start the season as a reserve and groomed before being handed a starting spot.  We got a lot of quality vets on this team now, so there is no pressure to rush him into starting.

I totally agree on Singletary. I believe that he will adapt to the NFL speed and continue to be elusive and shifty. I am rooting for Kevin Johnson as well. He is still a young man.

• Like (+1) 1