Mason Foster Released, with looking at LBers yesterday an interesting name

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-surprisingly-cut-defensive-starter-who-led-washington-in-tackles-agent-rips-team-for-move/

It's also possible the Redskins were just tired of dealing with Foster. Back in December, the linebacker said "F--- this team and fan base," referring to the Redskins and their fans. He also famously lashed out at the team's front office back in 2017.

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree and Now I can look at these pre-camp releases to fix and address depth instead of still trying to find starters.  Foster at age 30 would be tremendous as a Back Up to Edmunds and to help him Continue to Grow.  I think this one would be a no brainer.  Normally not a XXXX Released Go Sign him Bills, but this one just screams smart to me.

Foster is still good enough to start on a few teams and I bet he will be looking to go to a team with a chance to start.  I don't see him having a legit shot to compete for a starting role in Buffalo.  He would be fantastic depth but he won't settle for that.

12 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Foster is still good enough to start on a few teams and I bet he will be looking to go to a team with a chance to start.  I don't see him having a legit shot to compete for a starting role in Buffalo.  He would be fantastic depth but he won't settle for that.

SAM is a spot he can compete as well. Bills will pitch the competition thing like they did with Yeldon as well. Add in the pitch about the recovery center (for an older player especially). But your right ultimately his say but I would hope Bills are making the effort to try to get him under contract. 

18 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

LB depth is the weakness of the defense.  If he is willing to backup Edmunds, he should be pursued. 

Can he play outside?  If so, even better.

NFL.com's scouting report on him projects him as a SAM in a 4-3 scheme or an inside backer in a 3-4.

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I can have two Fosters in one night.  48oz of fun.

007089701371.jpg

Foster’s is Australian for “Urine in a Can”. Literally the worst beer that country produces. VB is far better and it’s still not great. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

LB depth is the weakness of the defense.  If he is willing to backup Edmunds, he should be pursued. 

Can he play outside?  If so, even better.

That kid we got in the 5th Rd this year is going to surprise alot of people , I'd still def be on board for adding Foster

• Like (+1) 1

There is a connection there as he played for Leslie Frazier in Tampa. He was also terrible there in the Tampa 2 system becuase he lacked coverage ability, and that was when he was young. That said, he would definitely be some solid depth, but I don't think the regime will go after him. I don't think he's what they are looking for. Just my 2 cents. He's a 3-4 ILB imo. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

23 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Vosean Joseph will play all 3 backup spots and steal Lorenzo's job this year.

At least I hope he does.

I also like Joseph as the dark horse player of the year on Defense.

And yes to Foster. Guy got killed here for a lot of alleged charges that amounted to nothing, but that may be enough to spook OBD.

If Foster wants to play pro ball, put everything behind him, play in a small media market, and focus on football with no immediate expectations (because of Lorax, Edmunds, Milano) then yes. It's a no brainer. I actually think the culture is strong enough right now to bring in a Reuben Foster and benefit for it.

Foster could man MLB #2 and maybe play some MIKE. Rotate Lorax, Joseph and Foster as needed.

He would be an immediate #2 MLB/ILB if McDermott wanted to show some 3-4 looks, or 4-3 over looks on running downs.

Edited by RocCityRoller