Mason Foster Released, with looking at LBers yesterday an interesting name

I would like this addition.  Good depth.  I'm impressed with the depth we are amassing all-around.  Last year we lacked starters at key positions (OL, WR, TE) and depth at others (secondary, LB).  We are fixing those problems this year! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I would like this addition.  Good depth.  I'm impressed with the depth we are amassing all-around.  Last year we lacked starters at key positions (OL, WR, TE) and depth at others (secondary, LB).  We are fixing those problems this year! 

Agree and Now I can look at these pre-camp releases to fix and address depth instead of still trying to find starters.  Foster at age 30 would be tremendous as a Back Up to Edmunds and to help him Continue to Grow.  I think this one would be a no brainer.  Normally not a XXXX Released Go Sign him Bills, but this one just screams smart to me.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

We actually have a couple of no name guys who are pretty interesting.....i am not saying we should never stop looking to ugrade though

Mason Foster walks in and is IMMEDIATE upgrade to the MIKE Depth.  And not to mention after being in the league for 9 years now, will provide the experience to grow Edmunds.  Think of him as Barkley to Allen.  Foster to Edmunds.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Mason Foster walks in and is IMMEDIATE upgrade to the MIKE Depth.  And not to mention after being in the league for 9 years now, will provide the experience to grow Edmunds.  Think of him as Barkley to Allen.  Foster to Edmunds.

Like I said....definately always open to improving especially the back end of the roster and McD and Beane do a lot of tinkering with this.....

I am thinking more of the type of LB.....(I dont know a lot about Foster) Julian Stanford fits that athletic cover LB that it looks like the D wants to employ in the middle of the field.....

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Like I said....definately always open to improving especially the back end of the roster and McD and Beane do a lot of tinkering with this.....

I am thinking more of the type of LB.....(I dont know a lot about Foster) Julian Stanford fits that athletic cover LB that it looks like the D wants to employ in the middle of the field.....

Foster is a sideline to sideline LBer and good (not great) in coverage.  Also can play MIKE and SAM.  So is he better than Stanford (I say yes but can be debated) or even better than Deon Lacy (absolutely is)

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Julian Stanford has been in the league for 6 years and has 0 INTs, 0 Sacks and 1 Passes Defended.

Foster did better his rookie year.

If Foster would be willing take on a backup/mentor role with the Bills and play some STs like he has in the past he would be an upgrade IMO.

After the starters the Bills have no real game experience at LB.

Edited by ColoradoBills

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

LB depth is the weakness of the defense.  If he is willing to backup Edmunds, he should be pursued. 

Can he play outside?  If so, even better.

Yes can play Mike and Sam 

1 hour ago, buffalostu2 said:

Is he healthy?  Why did he get cut?  Can't all be roses if a capable player is dropped right before camp

He is healthy. He is a vet and they have Bostic Back healthy

Is he healthy?  Why did he get cut?  Can't all be roses if a capable player is dropped right before camp

Makes me curious. If there’s something else floating around (DUI, etc) it’ll surface in the next 48 hours or so. The timing is a little unusual with the R Foster injury, but there are plenty of reasons for a release... anything from a coaching disagreement to a promising rookie. 

They saved like 4 million on the cap- they likely need it for a new deal with their LT