Just had a Great Conversation with Jim Kelly

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

And THIS officially closes the Pop Tart discussions......

Now can we open the discussion about how great your avatar looks.  I miss those jerseys so much.

My kid goes to Kelly Camp every year.  Jim's presence was more scant this year than ever.   By far the epitome of a Buffalo Bill.

• Like (+1) 1

I went to his football camp 2 years and it was pretty awesome having him walk up to you and toussle your hair and say great job putting his arm around you...

Cant remember all the other people who were there but I remember Warren Moon was there as well as Andre Reed and Mark Kelso...think Marino might have been there one of the years as well

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I went to his football camp 2 years and it was pretty awesome having him walk up to you and toussle your hair and say great job putting his arm around you...

Cant remember all the other people who were there but I remember Warren Moon was there as well as Andre Reed and Mark Kelso...think Marino might have been there one of the years as well

thurman thomas was there the moon year as well.  i know there were a couple of lineman, but i don't remember who.  

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Fortunate enough to have had quite the seat partner on flight to NYC this morning. I told him 2 things football related.....1 thanks for the best sports memories of my life...2 his HOF speech left a lasting impression on me.

After i said 1, he said, yup.....we had a lot of fun in those days...with quite the smirk. 

He even offered his biz card to do some work with him. Thank goodness i changed my flight...there are no accidents!

Picture, or it didnt happen!  

Hahaha, just kidding, awesome story man!  Jealous!

3 hours ago, teef said:

jim kelly made me run a lap at his football camp.  i don't remember what i did to annoy him, but i did something.

I remember seeing an article years ago about him autographing stuff for the kids and anyone that did not say Thank You was made to run a lap. Maybe that was the same year? 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Jim Kelly once invited me in his RV when I was 13 years old.  He was leaving the stadium, a whole crowd recognizes him and gathers around.  He's walking and signing autographs.  

He hands me back my card but the crowd is tight and the card gets knocked out....never found it.  

Jim's brother sees me upset, asked what happened, I told him...he walks in to talk to Jim.  RV door opens up, I'm invited in.

Jim walks up to me, takes my hat off my head, signs in, pats me on the back and I walk out the RV.

I am glad he did it before P*ts became a four letter word.

my nephew had a son born at or about the same time as hunter with crabaes..(sp?).  i felt so bad. they got to know jim and jill and the movement. he lasted to about 8 yrs. old. i believe they passed around the same period of time and jimbo's speech at the hall of fame was awesome.

i'm sure that's exactly how my nephew felt.  it's been a while so please don't fact check my memory. the guy is a wonderful human being and i would love to have a beer with him sometime. maybe i can catch a future event. i couldn't be anything more than a caddy at his golf event(with a cart), but ya never know.

always wanted to have wings with fred smerlas at bathtub billys too....as long as i ain't gotta pay for his...those guys have given me so many great memories and i'm looking for mcbeane and allen to give us more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Harbaugh punched Kelly in the face and broke his hand after Kelly called him soft while announcing a game

That's right! I remember the sour look on Harbough's face when he was asked about it...he had a smirk! ha!