Just had a Great Conversation with Jim Kelly

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Probably didn’t say thank you for something. Depending how long ago it was he used to make kids get a leaf from a tree pretty far away

maybe that was it.  it was during the time when they held it at st. bonaventure.  the year i went, warren moon was the special guest.  they brought him in in a helicopter and everything.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

They always happen in 3's.  Drugs, alcohol and Pop-Tarts.  Now your night is complete.

this seems sad.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Fortunate enough to have had quite the seat partner on flight to NYC this morning. I told him 2 things football related.....1 thanks for the best sports memories of my life...2 his HOF speech left a lasting impression on me.

After i said 1, he said, yup.....we had a lot of fun in those days...with quite the smirk. 

He even offered his biz card to do some work with him. Thank goodness i changed my flight...there are no accidents!

Did you happen to ask him why they couldn't win ONE ****** SUPER BOWL?!?!?!?!?!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, teef said:

jim kelly made me run a lap at his football camp.  i don't remember what i did to annoy him, but i did something.

Lucky it wasn't Peyton Manning camp. He'd make you sit in the porta-john for 20 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I was also there that year. That’s when he made kids get a leaf

i just remember running all the way back from the stretching/practice area to a treeline.  sounds right!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I buy S'mores Pop Tarts for the pool.  Leave them in the foil pack, the sun cooks them like a toaster and you have delicious goodness at the pool.

Nah, stick them in the freezer. Life will never be the same again without frozen pop tarts...

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lucky it wasn't Peyton Manning camp. He'd make you sit in the porta-john for 20 minutes.

One of the best SNL skits, ever, IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Is he talking any better these days?

Honestly, nobody even recognized him which was kind of scary. I was not even 100% sure myself until he started talking. He has accepted where he is in life right now and just hopes that it keeps moving forward

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Honestly, nobody even recognized him which was kind of scary. I was not even 100% sure myself until he started talking. He has accepted where he is in life right now and just hopes that it keeps moving forward

Most people would have probably given up by now.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Man...that is scary and depressing at the same time. He was once larger than life around here.

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Man...that is scary and depressing at the same time. He was once larger than life around here.

But he's still here, still has his faculties about him, and by all accounts is making the best of it while he can--you can't ask for much more after 3 rounds with the big "C."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But he's still here, still has his faculties about him, and by all accounts is making the best of it while he can--you can't ask for much more after 3 rounds with the big "C."

I understand. My fiance beat it three times. I don't complain about much anymore.

• Like (+1) 3