Just had a Great Conversation with Jim Kelly

Fortunate enough to have had quite the seat partner on flight to NYC this morning. I told him 2 things football related.....1 thanks for the best sports memories of my life...2 his HOF speech left a lasting impression on me.

After i said 1, he said, yup.....we had a lot of fun in those days...with quite the smirk. 

He even offered his biz card to do some work with him. Thank goodness i changed my flight...there are no accidents!

• Like (+1) 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 11

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Fortunate enough to have had quite the seat partner on flight to NYC this morning. I told him 2 things football related.....1 thanks for the best sports memories of my life...2 his HOF speech left a lasting impression on me.

After i said 1, he said, yup.....we had a lot of fun in those days...with quite the smirk. 

He even offered his biz card to do some work with him. Thank goodness i changed my flight...there are no accidents!

Am so jealous right now. But glad you took full advantage of the opportunity to interact with him so positively! 

Jim Kelly once invited me in his RV when I was 13 years old.  He was leaving the stadium, a whole crowd recognizes him and gathers around.  He's walking and signing autographs.  

He hands me back my card but the crowd is tight and the card gets knocked out....never found it.  

Jim's brother sees me upset, asked what happened, I told him...he walks in to talk to Jim.  RV door opens up, I'm invited in.

Jim walks up to me, takes my hat off my head, signs in, pats me on the back and I walk out the RV.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Jim Kelly once invited me in his RV when I was 13 years old.  He was leaving the stadium, a whole crowd recognizes him and gathers around.  He's walking and signing autographs.  

He hands me back my card but the crowd is tight and the card gets knocked out....never found it.  

Jim's brother sees me upset, asked what happened, I told him...he walks in to talk to Jim.  RV door opens up, I'm invited in.

Jim walks up to me, takes my hat off my head, signs in, pats me on the back and I walk out the RV.

jim kelly made me run a lap at his football camp.  i don't remember what i did to annoy him, but i did something.

• Haha (+1) 12

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

What kind of work are you doing with him?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He probably heard you bad mouthing Pop Tarts.  

i have nothing against pop tarts.  i just think that if as an adult you're eating these, you could be in fatty territory.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, teef said:

jim kelly made me run a lap at his football camp.  i don't remember what i did to annoy him, but i did something.

Did you steal one of his bottles of booze or maybe an 8ball? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I buy S'mores Pop Tarts for the pool.  Leave them in the foil pack, the sun cooks them like a toaster and you have delicious goodness at the pool.

eating s'mores pop tarts in the heat by a pool sounds horrific.  it's like smoking cigarettes on a hot beach.

Just now, mrags said:

Did you steal one of his bottles of booze or maybe an 8ball? 

in that case he would have been chasing me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, teef said:

eating s'mores pop tarts in the heat by a pool sounds horrific.  it's like smoking cigarettes on a hot beach.

in that case he would have been chasing me.

As someone who recently quit smoking, and is sitting in an office... smoking a cigarette on a hot beach sounds fantastic right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1