Brady extension - “No new deal is on the horizon at this point”

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I watched most of his games last year, he’s not the same QB anymore. Stats stats stats... google away. There’s a lot more to games than the stats. Brady can’t throw deep anymore. He was dangerous cause he would kill you on short range and dump offs but you had to respect his deep shots down the field. His running back had 8-900 of those yards. 

They made the playoffs and were a good team last year because they were a pretty dominant run team. They have completely transformed from years ago. 

Thats the whole problem...they transform every year into a different type of team but still do it better than everyone else

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Thats the whole problem...they transform every year into a different type of team but still do it better than everyone else

And how is that a team of very average players, outside of Brady, are always invincible? It's almost like they know what the other team is thinking.

9 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The Pats are 100% a running team now, at this stage of his career Brady is a glorified game manager. Butttttttt he can turn it up sometimes in crucial spots. For the first time I actually think they’ll fall off this season. 

yep, this season for sure.  

I do think the Patriots are planning on transitioning away from Brady.  They started to do so last season by running the ball more.  Despite having a solid group of running backs, they added Damien Harris, who is probably good for 20 -25 carries per game if they actually wanted to use him that much.  Brady is still going to have a lot of passing yards and completions, but Belichick is planning on making things easier for Brady by forcing opponents to focus more on stopping the run.  I can't say for sure that the Patriots won't extend Brady one more season, but I can't see them offering more than 15 million.  They are just planning on not having to depend on a superstar at QB, and won't want to pay him like one either.

Edited by TigerJ
spelling

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Brady is grossly underpaid for being the GOAT. (At least above board. I put nothing past Krafty Bob.)  That said, I'm betting retirement comes sooner than he expects.

What does he need more money for? His wife make more than he does.

I could be way off in this, but didn't Miami have issues with Wayne Huizenga offering Marino some exclusive access to IPO’s back in his wheeling and dealing days? I wonder what’s behind the curtain in the Patriot Compensation Camp. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I watched most of his games last year, he’s not the same QB anymore. Stats stats stats... google away. There’s a lot more to games than the stats. Brady can’t throw deep anymore. He was dangerous cause he would kill you on short range and dump offs but you had to respect his deep shots down the field. His running back had 8-900 of those yards. 

They made the playoffs and were a good team last year because they were a pretty dominant run team. They have completely transformed from years ago. 

The Patriots have always been able to line up and run it down your throat when they needed to. I do agree though... his arm for the deep ball has fallen off.

No doubt the Patriots will adjust with interchangeable parts.

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I do think the Patriots are planning on transitioning away from Brady.  They started to do so last season by running the ball more.  Despite having a solid group of running backs, they added Damien Harris, who is probably good for 20 -25 carries per game if they actually wanted to use him that much.  Brady is still going to have a lot of passing yards and completions, but Belichick is planning on making things easier for Brady by forcing opponents to focus more on stopping the run.  I can't say for sure that the Patriots won't extend Brady one more season, but I can't see them offering more than 15 million.  They are just planning on not having to depend on a superstar at QB, and won't want to pay him like on 

I'm going to concur with the "We should be so lucky"

It was clear in the playoffs that Brady had lost some of his mojo, especially in the Rams game. He looked very mortal. That said, I've been predicting his backslide for close on 8 years now, and it keeps not happening. Even if Brady's play is half of what it was in 2017, he still might make a case for best QB in the division just because everyone else is so raw. (2018 draft picks all). Until I see otherwise, I consider the Pats the team to beat in the division.

But man oh man, would it be sweet to watch Brady get pummeled into retirement this year. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I could be way off in this, but didn't Miami have issues with Wayne Huizenga offering Marino some exclusive access to IPO’s back in his wheeling and dealing days? I wonder what’s behind the curtain in the Patriot Compensation Camp. 

Easy, money is funneled into his TB12  group,which has a facility right at Patriot Place next to the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The Pats are 100% a running team now, at this stage of his career Brady is a glorified game manager. Butttttttt he can turn it up sometimes in crucial spots. For the first time I actually think they’ll fall off this season. 

19 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

wow, you watched "most of his games" and concluded that he is a "glorified game manager".

Can we get some asbestos gloves to handle this super hot take?

SB win year '14:  4109 yards 33 TD 64.1 % 7.1 YPA 97.4 rating

SB win year '18:  4355 yards 29 TD 65.8%  7.6 YPA  97.7 rating.  In the playoffs, he threw for 953 yards (almost 250 yards more than anyone else) and completed 68% of his passes.

The 2014 team rushed for less than 20 more YPG than the 2018 team.   The 2014 team passed 59% of plays.  The 2018 team passed 55% of plays.

In 2018, he was top 10 in passes over 20 yards and had more passes over 40 yards than Luck, Brees, Darnold, Newton, Stafford....

So pretty much everything you "watched" is wrong.

Keep at it though.  Your eye is keen...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

wow, you watched "most of his games" and concluded that he is a "glorified game manager".

Can we get some asbestos gloves to handle this super hot take?

SB win year '14:  4109 yards 33 TD 64.1 % 7.1 YPA 97.4 rating

SB win year '18:  4355 yards 29 TD 65.8%  7.6 YPA  97.7 rating.  In the playoffs, he threw for 953 yards (almost 250 yards more than anyone else) and completed 68% of his passes.

The 2014 team rushed for less than 20 more YPG than the 2018 team.   The 2014 team passed 59% of plays.  The 2018 team passed 55% of plays.

In 2018, he was top 10 in passes over 20 yards and had more passes over 40 yards than Luck, Brees, Darnold, Newton, Stafford....

So pretty much everything you "watched" is wrong.

Keep at it though.  Your eye is keen...

Appreciate the sarcasm. I had a little paragraph typed out being a cocky jerk back towards you but I’ll choose the high road and just say I’ll agree to disagree. Enjoy your day sir/ma’am 

Edited by Rc2catch

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And how is that a team of very average players, outside of Brady, are always invincible? It's almost like they know what the other team is thinking.

They have the best coach of all time?