Brady extension - “No new deal is on the horizon at this point”

23 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

How about his entire career completion percentage while throwing it deep.  Ive already done the research and already posted it on this site.  Not doin it again.  I already know the statistics.  Going to nfl.com and looking at TDs and completions doesnt tell the whole story.  Dont be lazy dig deeper, because I could care less what your opinion of my opinion is.  Especially when mine is based on deeper analytics.

And because you respond doesnt defeat my arguement.  Your response doesnt prove he can make all the throws.  Peterman could throw TDs to Moss.

I have a serious question and I mean no disrespect by it:

Why do you care about his deep ball accuracy so much?

Honestly, there are a 100 ways to win a SB, to win as a QB in this league, etc.  If anything, Brady has 100% proved your deep ball accuracy is irrelevant if the rest of your game is great.  

But back to Brady's deep ball stats...you realize that Brady has also mostly thrown to scrub WR's his entire career in terms of deep threats?  He only had Moss a short part of his career yet he already won 3 SB's with scrub WR's before that and then went on to win 3 more without a deep threat like Moss (Pats did NOT win a SB with Moss there) and instead did so with guys like Edelman, Gronk, and Hogan.  

So...I am struggling to see why you care so much about his deep ball accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1

LOL Tom Brady...seeing him jump off that cliff recently I was thinking to myself "too bad he was holding his daughters hand..otherwise I'd have been praying for shallow water"

.....does that make me a terrible person?  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

...Brady is like that old "John Cameron Swaze Timex" you threw in your top drawer five years ago as DOA....the SOB just "keeps on tickin'".....and spare me the cheater crap (it's STALE fine whine material)....guy is good period.....and STILL tickin'.......

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Brady is like that old "John Cameron Swaze Timex" you threw in your top drawer five years ago as DOA....the SOB just "keeps on tickin'".....and spare me the cheater crap (it's STALE fine whine material)....guy is good period.....and STILL tickin'.......

I agree.  But 42 is 42, and he has played a few more seasons than that with all of the playoff games.

He is not a myth, and all of the stuff with pliability and avocado ice cream can only go so far.  I think Pats fans who are counting on 2-3 more peak years are delusional.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Iron Maiden said:

Alex Smith should never....ever...be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom freaking Brady.....

You just did.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, Iron Maiden said:

he's the winiest QB when throwing more than 50 times per game....some of them I'm sure are more than 30 yards...

You misspelled it.  It is whiniest. He has a magic trick to get zebras to throw their hankies.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:48 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a serious question and I mean no disrespect by it:

Why do you care about his deep ball accuracy so much?

Honestly, there are a 100 ways to win a SB, to win as a QB in this league, etc.  If anything, Brady has 100% proved your deep ball accuracy is irrelevant if the rest of your game is great.  

But back to Brady's deep ball stats...you realize that Brady has also mostly thrown to scrub WR's his entire career in terms of deep threats?  He only had Moss a short part of his career yet he already won 3 SB's with scrub WR's before that and then went on to win 3 more without a deep threat like Moss (Pats did NOT win a SB with Moss there) and instead did so with guys like Edelman, Gronk, and Hogan.  

So...I am struggling to see why you care so much about his deep ball accuracy.

Exactly he is the greatest game manager of alltime.  Why people get so upset about that is beyond me.

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Exactly he is the greatest game manager of alltime.  Why people get so upset about that is beyond me.

Game manager?  That he is not.  

He’s the GOAT overall for a reason.  

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Game manager?  That he is not.  

He’s the GOAT overall for a reason.  

No he isnt and Zay will be on the roster week 1.

?

For me the GOAT has to be able to play at a high level in any era.

That is not Brady or Manning.  They would have been done after one hit from Steve Atwater and the like.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

43 minutes ago, H2o said:

We need to bring back Arthur Moats. He basically ended Brett Favre's career. Maybe he could do the same for Brady?

Father time ended Favre's career.  He was one tough SOB.  As far as Brady, you cant get close to being in a position to hurt him without getting flagged.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 7/23/2019 at 8:00 PM, Captain_Quint said:

FB_IMG_1563926374943.jpg

:worthy: :worthy:

Poor Tom ...asking the fans to VOTE and pass it on to Kraft.

Says he "bulked up" to take those "hits" better    AND ......

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ugly-day-office-reminder-trial-222504008.html

FOXBORO - When it comes to Patriots training camp practices, you'd be hard-pressed to find an uglier offensive performance than the one they put together on Wednesday.

Eight passes were dropped. Eight more were broken up by defensive backs. The quarterbacks combined to complete less than half of their attempts in competitive 11-on-11 work (10-for-23 with an interception). First-round rookie N'Keal Harry, who accounted for four drops on his own, had to be coaxed into proper pre-snap position
twice.