Brady extension - “No new deal is on the horizon at this point”

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

PTR.  You’ve been saying this every year for the last 15 years!  Eventually you will be right (Brady is 53, PTR - this is the year Brady falls off the cliff! ?)

So you are saying that Brady can't fall off at age 42? Cause that is what it sounds like to me. New England is not exactly overflowing with talent right now. (Despite your 4-grades up and down their roster.) So Brady is going to have to put on his cape (or cheat extra hard) to earn another ring.

22 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Good stats but he has always been a game managing QB.  He is very very good at it.  Alex Smith is also a very good game manager QB.

Alex Smith should never....ever...be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom freaking Brady.....

List of Tom Brady's NFL records...

Records owned by Brady

• Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (207)
  • Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (81,693)
  • Most passing touchdowns, postseason included: 590
  • Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (71)
  • Division titles (16)
  • Playoff games started (40)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Playoff touchdown passes (73)
  • Playoff passing yards (11,179)
  • Super Bowl appearances (9)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
  • Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
  • Super Bowl passing yards (2,838)

List of Alex Smith's NFL record..............................................................

.............................still looking..................................................................

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, Fan in Chicago said:

My wish is that he is sacked, intercepted and beaten into retirement. I want him to retire because his skills fall off a cliff after repeated hits by the Bills DL. That way he will be remembered for having whimpered into retirement as opposed to having gloriously ridden off into the sunset. 

Remember Favres last game?

4 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Alex Smith should never....ever...be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom freaking Brady.....

Except that everything I said is true.

List of Tom Brady's NFL records...

Records owned by Brady

• Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (207)
  • Most passing yards, regular season and playoffs (81,693)
  • Most passing touchdowns, postseason included: 590
  • Most touchdowns thrown to different receivers (71)
  • Division titles (16)
  • Playoff games started (40)
  • Playoff wins (30)
  • Playoff touchdown passes (73)
  • Playoff passing yards (11,179)
  • Super Bowl appearances (9)
  • Super Bowl wins (6)
  • Super Bowl MVPs (4)
  • Super Bowl touchdown passes (18)
  • Super Bowl passing yards (2,838)

List of Alex Smith's NFL record..............................................................

.............................still looking..................................................................

Yup nobody ever said Alex Smith is as good as Tom Brady.  Tom Brady is the greatest game manager QB to ever play the game.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Except that everything I said is true.

Name a QB that is not a " System QB ".....then tell us how different it is as oppose to what Brady's been doing for 18 years....my comment was more a response to the weak attempt at comparing Brady to Alex Smith....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

Name a QB that is not a " System QB ".....then tell us how different it as oppose to what Brady's been doing for 18 years....my comment was more a response to the weak attempt at comparing Brady to Alex Smith....

Dan Marino, Drew Brees.  Tom Brady cant and never has been able to chuck it deep.  Drew Brees on the other hand can spin it.  Tom Brady cant make every through there is.  Others have been able to.  Dan Marino, Drew Brees.

35 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dan Marino, Drew Brees.  Tom Brady cant and never has been able to chuck it deep.  Drew Brees on the other hand can spin it.  Tom Brady cant make every through there is.  Others have been able to.  Dan Marino, Drew Brees.

Did you miss the entire 2007 season when he threw 50 TDs...25 of those to Randy Moss.....all you have to do is go to youtube...type Brady 50tds......there goes your argument.....you have to do better than that...cmon....

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Did you miss the entire 2007 season when he threw 50 TDs...25 of those to Randy Moss.....all you have to do is go to youtube...type Brady 50tds......there goes your argument.....you have to do better than that...cmon....

How about his entire career completion percentage while throwing it deep.  Ive already done the research and already posted it on this site.  Not doin it again.  I already know the statistics.  Going to nfl.com and looking at TDs and completions doesnt tell the whole story.  Dont be lazy dig deeper, because I could care less what your opinion of my opinion is.  Especially when mine is based on deeper analytics.

And because you respond doesnt defeat my arguement.  Your response doesnt prove he can make all the throws.  Peterman could throw TDs to Moss.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

How about his entire career completion percentage while throwing it deep.  Ive already done the research and already posted it on this site.  Not doin it again.  I already know the statistics.  Going to nfl.com and looking at TDs and completions doesnt tell the whole story.  Dont be lazy dig deeper, because I could care less what your opinion of my opinion is.  Especially when mine is based on deeper analytics.

And because you respond doesnt defeat my arguement.  Your response doesnt prove he can make all the throws.  Peterman could throw TDs to Moss.

I simply refuted your point that, and I quote once again, ..." Tom Brady cant and never has been able to chuck it deep.".......

That statement is factually false.....He's done it more than a few times......Brady's strength is being able to adjust depending on who NE plays...if you need him to control the pace and run a running attack, he'll do it....he has shown to be able to also beat you in a shootout.....he's the winiest QB when throwing more than 50 times per game....some of them I'm sure are more than 30 yards...

Brady chucks it when he has a deep guy he trusts.  I’ve rarely seen a QB for whom trust is such a huge priority.

Moss was really that guy.  He’d throw into all kinds of coverage for that him.  As long as it was in the vicinity, he’d get it.

No one really like that these days.  He fully trusts Edelman, but most of their routes are shorter and more precise.

And I do think he’s losing that range, regardless.  So does BB, given how he is building that team.

I simply refuted your point that, and I quote once again, ..." Tom Brady cant and never has been able to chuck it deep.".......

That statement is factually false.....He's done it more than a few times......Brady's strength is being able to adjust depending on who NE plays...if you need him to control the pace and run a running attack, he'll do it....he has shown to be able to also beat you in a shootout.....he's the winiest QB when throwing more than 50 times per game....some of them I'm sure are more than 30 yards...

Wrong answer bud he has one of the lowest deepball completion percentages of all-time.  You just lost any credibility.  Dont call something factual when its not.  Unlike you I actually researched it.  Youre just pullin ***** out your a$$ like most other people do.  This convo is done and you are of no informational value.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

34 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wrong answer bud he has one of the lowest deepball completion percentages of all-time.  You just lost any credibility.  Dont call something factual when its not.  Unlike you I actually researched it.  Youre just pullin ***** out your a$$ like most other people do.  This convo is done and you are of no informational value.

holy crap !!.....you just spilled a whole lot of estrogen on my laptop.....I'll need a few moments to clean this up !!...lol

Yeah...Tom Brady has NEVER had a TD pass over 30 yards.....can't and never has....you're an idiot !!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:58 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah.

4,300 yards and 29 TD’s last year.

Glorified game manager.

Did you see the AFC Championship game or the Super Bowl?  While still a good QB, he has clearly declined and can no longer carry the team like he once could.