Brady extension - “No new deal is on the horizon at this point”

9 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Hopefully Belichick retires too.  We all hate Brady, but at the end of the day, Belichick is a damn mastermind.  As everyone has pointed out, the passing game has declined significantly, but BB keeps finding ways to be dominant.

This is what keeps me from getting too optimistic.  I believe BB could take any roster in the league and make them competitive, at minimum.  He’s scary good.

Brady leaving will probably only mean that they go from guaranteed AFCCG’s and Superbowls to guaranteed playoff berths.

I need more than that.  I need that team to go 4-12 for at least 20 years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, frostbitmic said:

Paying him millions under the table wouldn't come as a shock from this cheating franchise.

but he's not stupid. i'm sure there's a deal in place for all the team friendly contracts....like 10% in the team going forward.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:15 PM, Rc2catch said:

I watched most of his games last year, he’s not the same QB anymore. Stats stats stats... google away. There’s a lot more to games than the stats. Brady can’t throw deep anymore. He was dangerous cause he would kill you on short range and dump offs but you had to respect his deep shots down the field. His running back had 8-900 of those yards. 

They made the playoffs and were a good team last year because they were a pretty dominant run team. They have completely transformed from years ago. 

he's dangerous because he knows the game better than anybody else...

23 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Thats the whole problem...they transform every year into a different type of team but still do it better than everyone else

...and i would bet that he wants to do it one more time to ensure no one can catch him. he;s gonna drive that team into the postseason one more time.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:47 AM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm going to concur with the "We should be so lucky"

It was clear in the playoffs that Brady had lost some of his mojo, especially in the Rams game. He looked very mortal. That said, I've been predicting his backslide for close on 8 years now, and it keeps not happening. Even if Brady's play is half of what it was in 2017, he still might make a case for best QB in the division just because everyone else is so raw. (2018 draft picks all). Until I see otherwise, I consider the Pats the team to beat in the division.

But man oh man, would it be sweet to watch Brady get pummeled into retirement this year. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

If Brady was playing in Jim Kelly's era, that would've happened some years ago.

I think Brady plays to 45.So four more years. Whether or not his final years are with the Patriots or not could be another story. He'll want to finish ahead of Drew Brees in career passing yards and TD's so i think that makes him guaranteed to play another two years if this were to be Bree's last year which it probably isn't.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

My wish is that he is sacked, intercepted and beaten into retirement. I want him to retire because his skills fall off a cliff after repeated hits by the Bills DL. That way he will be remembered for having whimpered into retirement as opposed to having gloriously ridden off into the sunset. 

He won't walk away at the top of his game and playing like a top 10 QB. He'll go the Peyton route and play till he clearly sucks and doesn't have it anymore. The one caveat being if he hits age 45 and is still playing at a high level then I could see him walking away before his skills fall off a cliff.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

Paying him millions under the table wouldn't come as a shock from this cheating franchise.

In all honesty, why in the world wouldn't every team in the league do some of that sort of thing, at least with 1 or 2 key players on the team who command enormous salaries?  

All guys involved are billionaires or multi-millionaires, and many players, I'm sure, have organized various business entities for one purpose or another, probably many for charitable work, etc.

It wouldn't be very hard to get money from point A to point E, going through several stops along the way if you wanted to.

Thats pretty much what they are doing isn't it?

Sorry if this was posted...and I may not be clear on 100% of the details...but I know a few years ago the NFL 'investigated' the Pats about this and let it go. Supposedly one of Bradys businesses in the Boston area has a deal (or deal) with the team. The team uses his business, pretty much overpays compared to other options...so that money goes to Brady 'outside' of the cap.

Once again, if someone else knows more of the exact details of it they can correct anything I said above..but I know they are doing something like that.  Shouldn't be a surprise though...the Pats deny any cheating when confronted with a direct accusation..but they seem to really REALLY like putting out there how smart they are by 'gaming the system' and breaking rules (as long as they aren't caught.)