Brady extension - “No new deal is on the horizon at this point”

8 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/tom-brady-patriots-contract-extension-new-england-nfl

We should be so fortunate.  The timeframe sort of fits with the idea he's either in his last or second to last year anyways, but this will still be a red letter day

Brady is grossly underpaid for being the GOAT. (At least above board. I put nothing past Krafty Bob.)  That said, I'm betting retirement comes sooner than he expects.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Brady is grossly underpaid for being the GOAT. (At least above board. I put nothing past Krafty Bob.)  That said, I'm betting retirement comes sooner than he expects.

Right, an injury, the pats sucking, or even just waking up one monday morning and saying the hell with this, anything could be the end at this point but at least there might maybe be light at the end of the tunnel and for once for us Bills fans maybe it isn't a freight train

The Pats are 100% a running team now, at this stage of his career Brady is a glorified game manager. Butttttttt he can turn it up sometimes in crucial spots. For the first time I actually think they’ll fall off this season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The Pats are 100% a running team now, at this stage of his career Brady is a glorified game manager. Butttttttt he can turn it up sometimes in crucial spots. For the first time I actually think they’ll fall off this season. 

Yeah.

4,300 yards and 29 TD’s last year.

Glorified game manager.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/tom-brady-patriots-contract-extension-new-england-nfl

We should be so fortunate.  The timeframe sort of fits with the idea he's either in his last or second to last year anyways, but this will still be a red letter day

My wish is that he is sacked, intercepted and beaten into retirement. I want him to retire because his skills fall off a cliff after repeated hits by the Bills DL. That way he will be remembered for having whimpered into retirement as opposed to having gloriously ridden off into the sunset. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah.

4,300 yards and 29 TD’s last year.

Glorified game manager.

I watched most of his games last year, he’s not the same QB anymore. Stats stats stats... google away. There’s a lot more to games than the stats. Brady can’t throw deep anymore. He was dangerous cause he would kill you on short range and dump offs but you had to respect his deep shots down the field. His running back had 8-900 of those yards. 

They made the playoffs and were a good team last year because they were a pretty dominant run team. They have completely transformed from years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

F#%k Tom Brady!

and the B word he rode in on 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

By whom?  The League or the League and all the side profits it provides?    TB-12 facilities where "all" the Pats players go .... Who profits from that?  

Tainted Tom thats who.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I watched most of his games last year, he’s not the same QB anymore. Stats stats stats... google away. There’s a lot more to games than the stats. Brady can’t throw deep anymore. He was dangerous cause he would kill you on short range and dump offs but you had to respect his deep shots down the field. His running back had 8-900 of those yards. 

They made the playoffs and were a good team last year because they were a pretty dominant run team. They have completely transformed from years ago. 

Most football fans watched most of his games last season.

He did the same stuff he always has though to a lesser degree.

To even put his name in the same sentence as game manager is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

My wish is that he is sacked, intercepted and beaten into retirement. I want him to retire because his skills fall off a cliff after repeated hits by the Bills DL. That way he will be remembered for having whimpered into retirement as opposed to having gloriously ridden off into the sunset. 

This x1,000,000. I’ll even be ok if he wins another one so that he can fall even harder.  

56 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I just listened to the midday guys on WEEI, Boston (WGR's sister Entercom sports talker) and even they were saying there are a lot of questions about the Patriots going into this season, not the least of which is Brady's age. They didn't go as far as say they wouldn't be a Super Bowl contender but they talked about Brady having no proven receiver outside of Edelman, who has a thumb injury, no TE, and a rookie LT slated to start. 

I laughed out loud when they talked about the Pats evolving into a "defensive, run-heavy team." (I think @SoTier calls that Jauron-ball :lol: The very thing he thinks McDermott is doing and hates.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I’m not sure if he will ever play in another Super Bowl, but if he wanted to go out on top last year was probably the time to do it. 

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I watched the games. He's not a game manager. I don't think you really get that term.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

This x1,000,000. I’ll even be ok if he wins another one so that he can fall even harder.  

I agree, i want him to play 1 or 2 seasons too long to enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I'd not call him a game manager, yet.  Having said that, his performance clearly fell off the last few games & playoffs last year.  It reminds me of Kelly's last year or two where he just didn't have the arm strength to force the ball like he had earlier in his career.  The savvy veteran QB has a lot of tricks to get the job done beyond arm strength, but once that goes, the writing is on the wall. 

When the Pats lose a game because TB throws a couple bad interceptions, I'll start to feel more confident that the end is upon him.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just listened to the midday guys on WEEI, Boston (WGR's sister Entercom sports talker) and even they were saying there are a lot of questions about the Patriots going into this season, not the least of which is Brady's age. They didn't go as far as say they wouldn't be a Super Bowl contender but they talked about Brady having no proven receiver outside of Edelman, who has a thumb injury, no TE, and a rookie LT slated to start. 

I laughed out loud when they talked about the Pats evolving into a "defensive, run-heavy team." (I think @SoTier calls that Jauron-ball :lol: The very thing he thinks McDermott is doing and hates.)

No, that's NOT what I call Jauron-ball at all.   Playing not to lose is Jauron ball or Fox ball or Fisher ball.  It discounts offensive football and relies on the defense to keep the score low and force the opposition to make mistakes.  Belichick never plays not to lose, and a good running game is still offensive football.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

No, that's NOT what I call Jauron-ball at all.   Playing not to lose is Jauron ball or Fox ball or Fisher ball.  It discounts offensive football and relies on the defense to keep the score low and force the opposition to make mistakes.  Belichick never plays not to lose, and a good running game is still offensive football.

And you sat in on team meetings and know that's the Bills game plan? Because you saw them play that way with garbage rosters, you know that's McDermott's m.o.? Hoo boy.