Bills bring back Brian Gaine

CNY315

On 7/23/2019 at 8:12 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

I know he is a future HOF player... but he really is injured often nowadays and older.... Clowney has a lot of years ahead of him to make the same case. If you can make a deal for Clowney why not try to get Watt? Watt can't have more value at this point in his career, can he?

I know Houston can no longer sign him to a long term deal, his only option would be to play out he tag with them.  But if he's traded, can another team immediately sign him to a long term deal or do they too have to wait until after the current season is over?

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I know Houston can no longer sign him to a long term deal, his only option would be to play out he tag with them.  But if he's traded, can another team immediately sign him to a long term deal or do they too have to wait until after the current season is over?

They would need to wait too. He would play on the tag for any team that owns his rights. Which is why any deal, imo, is dead. No team is giving up a 1st (or whatever Houston would be asking) for a rental. Even if he verbally agrees to sign long term, it’s way too risky. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1