Bills bring back Brian Gaine

CNY315

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Who or what do you want to give up for a guy that has NEVER gotten 10 sacks in his Career. Depends on compensation 

He had more sacks last year than Murphy and Lawson did combined.Nearly 20 in two years..and we have the money.

How many times does he get double teamed a game...

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

He had more sacks last year than Murphy and Lawson did combined.Nearly 20 in two years..and we have the money.

How many times does he get double teamed a game...

Didnt answer the Question.  Compensation what are you giving up to get a player that has NEVER gotten 10 sacks a season?

Shaq and Trent Combine for 8 sacks. 4 FF, 1 FR and 54 Tackles

Clowney 9 Sacks 1 FF and 3 FR and 47 tackles.

So what is your trade compensation for that AVG play?

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This is just sad.

Like on so many levels.

IMO, the Donahoe era was the last grasp the Bills had at relevancy prior to (maybe) McDermott/Beane. 

Then we got the recycling of the organization within Wilson's circle of trust into Pegula's learning curve.  We had Levy, Brandon, Nix, and Whaley as GMs with Brandon presiding over Nix and Whaley, with very shaky head coaching.  The organization's whole is more than the sum of its parts, and under such awful leadership, a "Vice President of College Scouting" isn't going to look great, nor is anyone.  

Just now, May Day 10 said:

IMO, the Donahoe era was the last grasp the Bills had at relevancy prior to (maybe) McDermott/Beane. 

Then we got the recycling of the organization within Wilson's circle of trust into Pegula's learning curve.  We had Levy, Brandon, Nix, and Whaley as GMs with Brandon presiding over Nix and Whaley, with very shaky head coaching.  The organization's whole is more than the sum of its parts, and under such awful leadership, a "Vice President of College Scouting" isn't going to look great, nor is anyone.  

Exactly. And this guy (macgyver) going full eeyore about bringing a highly respected personnel guy back just makes no sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Exactly. And this guy (macgyver) going full eeyore about bringing a highly respected personnel guy back just makes no sense to me.

Yeah.  Honestly, I dont even remember the hiring of Modrak because back then, I dont feel like we were so desperate to analyze every single move as if the fate of the organization hinged on it.  Now, things are so magnified in our eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Didnt answer the Question.  Compensation what are you giving up to get a player that has NEVER gotten 10 sacks a season?

I get your point...the money part for those numbers is minus 6 million..give them a third for a reconstructed deal...payday in 2020,21.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Once it stops being fun, you should do something else. Are you having fun doing this?

Doing what, pointing out that Bills fans keep falling for the same off season stories year after year?  It's a public service more than anything.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I get your point...the money part for those numbers is minus 6 million..give them a third for a reconstructed deal...payday in 2020,21.

OK now they are not going to trade him for a 3rd.  and Why WOULD Clowney redo his deal to a cheaper 1 year deal again?

Just now, MacGyver said:

Doing what, pointing out that Bills fans keep falling for the same off season stories year after year?  It's a public service more than anything.

I don't believe you are a Bills fan. Why on God's green Earth are you posting here? You're here, there and everywhere posting doom and gloom. Just because you live a sorry life doesn't mean you should pull others down with you and negativity doesn't automatically equate to actuality. That's just your reality, not the world's.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't believe you are a Bills fan. Why on God's green Earth are you posting here? You're here, there and everywhere posting doom and gloom. Just because you live a sorry life doesn't mean you should pull others down with you and negativity doesn't automatically equate to actuality. That's just your reality, not the world's.

Ah, here we go, the "sorry life" BS, lmao. So predictable.  I assume you will tell me to go root for another team soon. 

Bills have not proven they are good yet, that's all the reality that matters.  

Edited by MacGyver

9 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

and you wonder why you have to keep changing user names.  guess what?  some people just enjoy the game and can watch it without having their feelings hurt.  ya know...for fun. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You have to look at the production per rush of Clowney which is right up there with the top guys in the league. He is just not used as a pure rusher in Houston. When they send him after the QB he creates havoc. But the one thing the Texans are loaded with is people who can get after the QB. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Ah, here we go, the "sorry life" BS, lmao. So predictable.  I assume you will tell me to go root for another team soon. 

Maybe you should stick to making bombs out of fruit and toothpicks.

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

Right, well we are 1-1 under McDermott. Meaning it can go either way, you're choosing the most negative outcome imaginable all across the board, which for some reason is realistic. Nevermind the great draft, free agent haul and some of our younger players over the last 2 years coming into their own.

By the way, I would never tell you to root for another team, its clear the team you root for isn't the Bills.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Right, well we are 1-1 under McDermott. Meaning it can go either way, you're choosing the most negative outcome imaginable all across the board, which for some reason is realistic. Nevermind the great draft, free agent haul and some of our younger players over the last 2 years coming into their own.

By the way, I would never tell you to root for another team, its clear the team you root for isn't the Bills.

I've likely been a Bills fan longer than you.