Bills bring back Brian Gaine

CNY315

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

In my opinion, it is, because “Bills fans” aren’t the ones saying it. The Bills have a well respected FO. It’s ok to accept this.

So they'll win games now right?

Not trying to pick a fight, but c'mon, lets not continue to be such a gullible fan base.

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

Not trying to pick a fight, but c'mon, lets not continue to be such a gullible fan base.

Sir I will be VERY dissapointed if we dont win games this year

Remember.....we just went through a massive rebiuld....last year's team had hardly any talent.........we fixed that in the offseason

7 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

It's not a strange comment.  Bills fans said the same thing about the Donahoe & Modrak dynamic duo.  

No one said they were a dynamic duo but ppl did feel it was sound to have a president of football operations along with a GM. We are far removed from that era and now many are starting to see stability and solid FO additions. They have also seen 2 really good to possibly great drafts with some A plus FA signings i.e. Poyer and Hyde come to mind. 

Just now, MacGyver said:

Is it really being  “gullible” to admit they have a good FO? Are the national reporters who state this, or fans of other teams who say this, gullible or just understand the experienced and developing talent of their personnel group is strong? I don’t think I follow .... which is fine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Is it really being  “gullible” to admit they have a good FO? Are the national reporters who state this, or fans of other teams who say this, gullible or just understand the experienced and developing talent of their personnel group is strong? I don’t think I follow .... which is fine. 

It's the meaningless feel good time of year, stories like this do nothing but raise false hope IMO.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

No one said they were a dynamic duo but ppl did feel it was sound to have a president of football operations along with a GM. We are far removed from that era and now many are starting to see stability and solid FO additions. They have also seen 2 really good to possibly great drafts with some A plus FA signings i.e. Poyer and Hyde come to mind. 

Whaley is responsible for Poyer & Hyde.

10 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

10 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I didn’t remember it going down that way, if so, my bad.

Beane hired Bills GM 2017

Hyde picked up in FA , Bills 2017 

?‍♂️

Edited by billsfan_34

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Was he hired before or after donahoe?

Oh boy, I want to say Donahoe hired him.  I also know that human memory is mostly faked in by the brain.

Edited by MacGyver

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I didn’t remember it going down that way, if so, my bad.

Beane hired Bills GM 2017

Hyde picked up in FA , Bills 2017 

?‍♂️

They were added before Beane arrived, Whaley and his staff supposedly did the legwork.

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Gaine wanted to sign clowney long term and o'brien didnt. Its more than possible gaine pushes for us to make the trade. 

I would not give up a 1st for Clowney, he has not lived up to the hype.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

My only worry about this is where he fits. He was the Director of Player Personnel. Dan Morgan has that job now. So is he reporting to Morgan? If so is he senior to the Malik Boyd (Dir Pro Personnel) and Terrence Gray (Dir College Scouting)? Or is he in fact not reporting to Morgan but directly to Beane and Schoen? 

I think the clue may be in his title, Senior Personnel "Advisor." Someone in an advisor role usually doesn't have many teeth in a decision making role. I think he's another set of eyes that they respect and feel can add to the decision making process. I agree and also believe they are keeping him on the back bench as insurance for possible future F O moves/vacancies.

12 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Oh boy, I want to say Donahoe hired him.  I also know that human memory is mostly faked in by the brain.

He stuck around a long time after that.  I always wonder though... what if he was all about Big ben?  Or was he against moving for bledsoe?  

Like who made the call on the trade, and who made the call on losman being worthy of a 1st?

5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

They were added before Beane arrived, Whaley and his staff supposedly did the legwork.

I would not give up a 1st for Clowney, he has not lived up to the hype.

Who said first? He hasnt even signed the franchise tag yet. I prolly wouldnt give a first either, but its also a move we can make while not having to pay allen yet

3 minutes ago, jabu said:

I think the clue may be in his title, Senior Personnel "Advisor." Someone in an advisor role usually doesn't have many teeth in a decision making role. I think he's another set of eyes that they respect and feel can add to the decision making process. I agree and also believe they are keeping him on the back bench as insurance for possible future F O moves/vacancies.

Yeah - might report right in to beane for all we know, and works hand in hand with all the pro personnel guys?

And was hired by Beane (after himself interviewing here for Beane's job) so AFTER that year's FA and draft. He is a well respected personnel guy but I think it is a stretch to say he "helped" the team make the playoffs. He much more "helped" their 2018 draft - the Josh Allen / Tremaine Edmunds e v a l.... even though he was gone before the draft. 

My only worry about this is where he fits. He was the Director of Player Personnel. Dan Morgan has that job now. So is he reporting to Morgan? If so is he senior to the Malik Boyd (Dir Pro Personnel) and Terrence Gray (Dir College Scouting)? Or is he in fact not reporting to Morgan but directly to Beane and Schoen? 

I hate messy organisational structures that create ambiguity about who is accountable for what and to who... my experience across 3 professions is that never works well. My instinct is that the Bills think that Morgan and Schoen are likely to get looks elsewhere next off-season if Allen and Edmunds take a step and the Bills 2019 class looks good out of the gate. They have got Gaine back in the building and if either of those two roles (essentially the 2nd and 3rd in command) become available after 2019 he will seamlessly move into that job. I just hope until then how he fits into the rest of the structure is very clearly defined. 

He wont ACTUALLY be in the building, but sure!

And was hired by Beane (after himself interviewing here for Beane's job) so AFTER that year's FA and draft. He is a well respected personnel guy but I think it is a stretch to say he "helped" the team make the playoffs. He much more "helped" their 2018 draft - the Josh Allen / Tremaine Edmunds e v a l.... even though he was gone before the draft. 

I hate messy organisational structures that create ambiguity about who is accountable for what and to who... my experience across 3 professions is that never works well. My instinct is that the Bills think that Morgan and Schoen are likely to get looks elsewhere next off-season if Allen and Edmunds take a step and the Bills 2019 class looks good out of the gate. They have got Gaine back in the building and if either of those two roles (essentially the 2nd and 3rd in command) become available after 2019 he will seamlessly move into that job. I just hope until then how he fits into the rest of the structure is very clearly defined. 

I think he will be more of an assistant GM to Beane. they said he will work in both college and pro personnel I’m guessing he will work with Schoen, who is probably going to get some interviews in the next GM hiring cycle. There is never a lack of work to do and as long as the oWners are willing to pay, might as well get Beane more help. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Front Office may have the most depth of any position on the team.

Just a great, great collection of personnel men and future and former GMs. Amazing job by Beane assembling this staff, and it reflects extremely well on him that so many highly thought of men are willing to work for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1