Welcome to Buffalo, Maddy Glab!

On 7/23/2019 at 9:56 AM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Can’t wait for her totally honest and unslanted pieces!

I can't wait for the outrage threads calling Maddy a shill as if it wasn't already made completely transparent that shes a franchise employee.  People here think the Bills PR department should be a bunch of hard scrabble muckrakers who will stop at nothing to deliver fans the dirty truth at the expense of their own livelihoods. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maddy, welcome to the Bills and Sabres.  I wish you every success in your job, and look forward to your reports.  And as the father of two daughters, I am sure you ignore some of the sexist crap posted here because you've heard it before as have my daughters, but my apologies for the Neanderthals who post that kind of nonsense.

Now, as for the important stuff:

Ted's (hot sauce and onions), Bocce's (pepperoni with extra cheese), Beef on Weck (you'll hear several names, try them all!!), and Wings (again you'll hear various opinions, try them all but I'm a Duff's guy myself).

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

No, they really are not.  What is true is that the anonymity and impersonal nature of social media, message boards etc. has made it much more likely for someone to say something demeaning about another person "publicly" where before only their small circle would be privy to their idiocy. 

So it’s “idiotic” to prefer an attractive media host to one that isn’t attractive?  If that’s “idiotic” than the world is idiotic, because that’s what the world “prefers”.  

Well then, I suppose I’m an idiot, just like the majority of the world that likes to look at attractive people.  Just like the countless media outlets that hire attractive people to host their shows.  At least there are a handful of people, like you, that aren’t idiots.  

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I can't wait for the outrage threads calling Maddy a shill as if it wasn't already made completely transparent that shes a franchise employee.  People here think the Bills PR department should be a bunch of hard scrabble muckrakers who will stop at nothing to deliver fans the dirty truth at the expense of their own livelihoods. 

i saw a chris brown schill comment recently.  there was anger in the post.

25 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If they would just stop referring to them as reporters and (worse) journalists and simply call them what they are, "Bills spokesperson...", all would be good.

They need leave the "what are your thoughts after that tough loss" deep deep probes to the real  pros in the press.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

If they would just stop referring to them as reporters and (worse) journalists and simply call them what they are, "Bills spokesperson...", all would be good.

They need leave the "what are your thoughts after that tough loss" deep deep probes to the real  pros in the press.

If she was cuter and lost 5 lbs would you be ok with the reporter label?

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Ha, well I was mostly being cheeky, I obviously understand their position/role with the org, and that certainly doesn’t fire me up as you’ve described. For the most part, I avoid the official website, I’m not one for fluff pieces in general, sports or otherwise.

As I was explaining to a “TeH SlaNTeD MsM!!!1!” friend recently, it’s up to the individual to decide what and where to read and “believe” as far as news. I try to stick with “hard copy” reporting, and avoid pieces labeled “analysis” or “opinion”.

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So it’s “idiotic” to prefer an attractive media host to one that isn’t attractive?  If that’s “idiotic” than the world is idiotic, because that’s what the world “prefers”.  

Well then, I suppose I’m an idiot, just like the majority of the world that likes to look at attractive people.  Just like the countless media outlets that hire attractive people to host their shows.  At least there are a handful of people, like you, that aren’t idiots.  

If you are idiotic it is because you feel compelled to anonymously say what’s on your mind without regard towards anyone else.  It is doubtful you would behave the same way in a group of strangers.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If you are idiotic it is because you feel compelled to anonymously say what’s on your mind without regard towards anyone else.  It is doubtful you would behave the same way in a group of strangers.

I think NewEra would call Kate Moss fat right to her pudgy face.  Cabana boys are notoriously blunt.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Hey, youse guys obviously don’t know what attractive is until you’ve been a jizzmopper in Vegas.

We’ve got ourselves a winner, folks.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Exactly.  The world is far too sensitive these days.

Can’t believe it took us 7 pages before you went the “we’re too PC” route.  The following two ideas are not mutually exclusive, ready: a) you are and should be within your legal rights to voice your opinion on her looks and b) you sound like an a****le.

4 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

We’ve got ourselves a winner, folks.

Can’t believe it took us 7 pages before you went the “we’re too PC” route.  The following two ideas are not mutually exclusive, ready: a) you are and should be within your legal rights to voice your opinion on her looks and b) you sound like an a****le.

Copy that.  I wish she was cuter and that makes me an a*****le.  Guilty 

9 hours ago, CommonCents said:

The smartest man in the room usually says he wasn’t privy to the nessecary information which would have prevented him from doing/saying some dumb ass things.

Sort of like “I take that question.”

Wow, I just read this thread and wish I hadn't.  I can't believe what jerks some of you are.  First, I want to say Maddy is a very good looking girl, but even if I thought she wasn't, I wouldn't say a thing.  I guarantee the "men" saying these things wouldn't be saying them if she were standing in front of them.  Why?  Because it's rude, and not true.  Thankfully, she's been told she's good looking her whole life and probably won't be too affected if she sees this thread, even still, I'm ashamed FOR you.

• Like (+1) 3