Welcome to Buffalo, Maddy Glab!

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean....your not lieing.....

I walked into a diner with my woman a couple of weeks ago.....help wanted sign on the door.   A heavyset female came in while we were waiting....manager comes out takes her application and says we will get back to you.....little hottie comes in with no application dressed like a hooker looking for a job....gets sent straight back to the manager's office.

its not equal.

People have preferences and that’s ok.  In certain situations, taking action based on those preferences may be discriminatory.  In my case, in this situation, I think I’m justified. As a media viewer, i’d prefer the Bills media journalist be an attractive woman as opposed to an unattractive woman.  If she’s unattractive, I’ll still view the content just the same.  

This world is just too sensitive if people have a problem with this line of thinking 

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

Should it be equal?  If so, how do you make it equal without the current social media manufactured outrage climate we find ourselves in?

I will say this

That heavyset girl might work her ass off.....not take sick days.....show up on time......etc etc

That little hottie might be lazy as hell....constantly lining up her next date while she is working.....sick all the time....etc etc

Just saying

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

This world is just too sensitive if people have a problem with this line of thinking 

James bond character is now a black woman...  We've gone waaaay past too sensitive.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I will say this

That heavyset girl might work her ass off.....not take sick days.....show up on time......etc etc

That little hottie might be lazy as hell....constantly lining up her next date while she is working.....sick all the time....etc etc

Just saying

Oh, that is entirely possible, but that's not really the "argument" here.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People have preferences and that’s ok.  In certain situations, taking action based on those preferences may be discriminatory.  In my case, in this situation, I think I’m justified. As a media viewer, i’d prefer the Bills media journalist be an attractive woman as opposed to an unattractive woman.  If she’s unattractive, I’ll still view the content just the same.  

Does this do it for ya?

180427161812-tom-brokaw-metoo-exlarge-1630king_337-395-popup.jpg

Americans are considered FAT by the rest of the world, and when you look around, the rest of the world is right the majority of the time. 

Wicked sad, we as a nation are so freakin lazy that way.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In HS circa 1975,  I had a teacher that thought pot was a new invention.

Social media is making the Obesity of America readily available today.  not so much in 1969

Just because you didn't see them on TV all the time doesn't mean they don't exist 

Cass-Elliot.jpg

ANN-WILSON-MUSIC-NOTE.gif

You don't seem to get the point, never said fat people didn't exist in the 60's, 70 & 80's.  My parents grew up in the 40's & 50's, they recall how rare it was to see a fat person, especially a fat kid.  They also cooked with lard, bacon grease, drank whole milk with cream on top, yadda.

15 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

James bond character is now a black woman...  We've gone waaaay past too sensitive.

Oh, that is entirely possible, but that's not really the "argument" here.

Actually it is

The argument is being made that someone can get a job/is expected to get a job based on looks

my arguement is they might not be the best candiate for that job

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually it is

The argument is being made that someone can get a job/is expected to get a job based on looks

my arguement is they might not be the best candiate for that job

But in reality, especially for reporters, looks, voice, body language, play an important role.  Also plays a role in almost every service industry. It's part of the marketing.

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

You don't seem to get the point, never said fat people didn't exist in the 60's, 70 & 80's.  My parents grew up in the 40's & 50's, they recall how rare it was to see a fat person, especially a fat kid.  They also cooked with lard, bacon grease, drank whole milk with cream on top, yadda.

I lived with lots of Italian Americans in the  60's, 70 & 80's.   I know what I saw and fat people existed. 

They just didn't exist as much in daily Blogs.  

Yes Obesity is up.  but lets be kind of honest here,

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I lived with lots of Italian Americans in the  60's, 70 & 80's.   I know what I saw and fat people existed. 

They just didn't exist as much in daily Blogs.  

Yes Obesity is up.  but lets be kind of honest here,

c'mon, I grew up in the 80's, look at kids today vs. even just then.  There is a huge difference...

19 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

But in reality, especially for reporters, looks, voice, body language, play an important role.  Also plays a role in almost every service industry. It's part of the marketing.

Male reporters, especially successful ones often look like river trolls.

9 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

c'mon, I grew up in the 80's, look at kids today vs. even just then.  There is a huge difference...

The only difference is you're older and have adopted a "kid's these days" perception. The world doesn't change as much as you think it does.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Male reporters, especially successful ones often look like river trolls.

The only difference is you're older and have adopted a "kid's these days" perception. The world doesn't change as much as you think it does.

I dunno if you guys are blind or just willfully ignorant. Anyways, hope Maddy feels welcome by now if she's reading this thread :)

3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I dunno if you guys are blind or just willfully ignorant. Anyways, hope Maddy feels welcome by now if she's reading this thread :)

Well if she doesnt...someone is bound to tell her.