Edmunds named "Top 5" breakout candidate by CBS Sports

NFL 2019: Five players who are poised to make the leap and become Year 2 breakouts

This isn't a surprise to Bills fans.  But, it is fun to see the national media recognize it.

One positive that strikes me about our defense, is how well-balanced it is in age. Youth, and the future core, is served with Edmunds, Oliver, Milano and White. Meanwhile, our veterans, still in their prime, with Hughes, Poyer and Hyde, are leading the way. We are set up for a 5-7 year run as one of the NFL's dominant defenses.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Makes sense for Tremaine for sure.  As for the other ones?

I am a total skeptic on Lamar Jackson, i think we have seen near his ceiling if he continues to be a running QB.

Define "breakout".  Nick Chubb was 4 yards short of 1000 with 10 TDs and only started 9 games.  Bradly Chubby forced 2 fumbles and had 12 sacks? So I gguess i would agree with D J Moore and Edmunds.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Makes sense for Tremaine for sure.  As for the other ones?

I am a total skeptic on Lamar Jackson, i think we have seen near his ceiling if he continues to be a running QB.

Define "breakout".  Nick Chubb was 4 yards short of 1000 with 10 TDs and only started 9 games.  Bradly Chubby forced 2 fumbles and had 12 sacks? So I gguess i would agree with D J Moore and Edmunds.

the ravens have surrounded lamar with so much potentional offensive talent.  marquise brown, boykin, hurst, andrews, mark ingram. plus a nice o line?  if he doesnt have a good year its completely on him.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I hope somebody pulls up his presser from today...what a difference from last year..he even called out Oliver in away.

No doubt about it..Alexander and Kyle schooled him well.

You can really see it going through his interviews from last year to now his confidence or at least his ease with press conferences has increased significantly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

You can really see it going through his interviews from last year to now his confidence or at least his ease with press conferences has increased significantly.

What a difference a year makes. 

Both Nick and Bradley had good years last season. They aren't sneaking up on anyone. Jackson is flawed as a QB and always will be. I don't think Moore is ever going to have a Steve Smith type of impact player in Carolina, but 1000 yards and 8 TD's is attainable. Edmunds is going to his 2nd year starting and is only 21 years old. The kid is only going to get better and that's scary for the rest of the AFC East. 

Edited by H2o

On 7/23/2019 at 10:11 AM, aristocrat said:

the ravens have surrounded lamar with so much potentional offensive talent.  marquise brown, boykin, hurst, andrews, mark ingram. plus a nice o line?  if he doesnt have a good year its completely on him.

Yes but they brought in Greg Roman which is not good other than supporting a QB which mostly runs.