BBFS - 8 Wins sounds about right to me

Virgil

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Belichick  loses 31-0  Is that a blow out? 

34-10 loss to the Tennessee Titans last November.  Is that a blow out? 

Are these? 

41-14 vs. the Kansas City Chiefs in 2014 (regular season)

33-14 vs. the Baltimore Ravens in the 2009 Wild Card round

41 - 17 vs. the Chargers in 2005:

Like Tom said 

tomfbomb.0.gif

Blowouts happen 

Superbowl

Superbowl

Superbowl

Playooffs

Afccg

Yeah McDermott and BB are the same.

Some days I think the last two seasons are truly representative of the FO/HC and the 8-8  +/- trend will continue.

Others days I think they overachieved with what they inherited and this year they will break through. 

Either way this will be fun to see unfold.  And one thing is clear.  You can argue the last two seasons were transition years but this season is all on the HC/GM with respect to results.  And we have our clear #1 QB.   No wondering who wins out in camp this year.

I love the clarity we have this season.   Seems like that has been missing.

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

If there's anything I'm the most scarred by in the past decade, it's the two 5-2 starts to the season where we missed the playoffs.  I remember the pure confidence believing we would make the playoffs as only an obsurdly small number of teams started like that and didn't make them.  That, plus numerous prime time losses, the Pats for the past twenty years, and Billsy things makes it really hard for me to predict a plus-.500 win season.  

I know all the reasons why everyone thinks we will win 9, possibly 10-11 game.  I see what they see.  But here's why I see 8.

1 - Blow-Out Losses.  Each season under McDermott, we've had more than a few blow-out losses for no excusable reason.  Games where we just don't show up at all.  I believe that's something that will continue to happen until it doesn't.

2 - We play the Pats twice and they are our Daddy until they aren't.

3 - No matter how much of a joke the Dolphins or Jets seem to be to me, we rarely sweep both in the same season.  We find a way to play to their level.  Even the season we made the playoffs, we barely beat the Dolphins both games.  The Jets, who were a much worse team than us a last year were one of the games we got blown out of.  

4 - Offenses can make a jump in the offseason, but usually not THAT big of a jump.  I know the Rams  just did it, but that's typically rare.  Also, when half of your receiving core is brand new, chemistry and rhythm takes time.  Same goes for an entirely new offensive line.  It's not about talent, it's about playing as a team.  It can take teams half a season or a whole season to click.  

5 - I don't think Ed Oliver was all we needed to improve our pass rush.  I've made it known I wanted Allen, but it's not about that.  Unless Murphy makes a big comeback, rookie DT's don't typically make that kind of impact their first year.  I think the current guess is 5 sacks, which would be a great season for him.  Either way, that's not going to be a huge difference maker.  I don't see the light magically turning on for Shaq either.  

6 - Allen looked fantastic after he came back from his injury, but as another post/article suggested, he still had serious accuracy issues.  Could he make that jump forward?  Yes.  Could he not?  Also yes.

In the NFL, unless you are a consistent top 5 team, it's truly any given Sunday and we the Bills until proven otherwise.  

To be clear again, I can see where all the 10-6 love is coming from and why it should happen.  But I also know the Bills doing Billsy things, remember those 5-2 starts, and how we find a way.

For those who want the break-down:

Jets x2 - Split

Dolphins x2 - Sweep them

Pats x2 - Swept by them

Division 3-3

@ Giants - Win

vs Cincy - Win (Only because it's the home and early in the season.  These games go either way against them)

@Titans - Either way (Billsy Loss)

vs Eagles - Loss

vs Skins - Win

Cleveland - Loss

vs Broncos - Win

@ Cowboys - Loss (primetime)

vs Ravens - Win because we do well against them at home or Loss because their defense just spanks us.  I feel like McD defense shuts down Lamar.  But we are Billsy....

@ Steelers - Loss

It comes down to the Titans and Ravens for me.  Should we win on paper, yes.  Do we do that usually, no.

Roast me!

8-8 this year is on the fence for keeping McD and I do think he is retained but 8-8 again next year and he is a goner.  

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no, they will only win 3 games and McD will be fired at seasons end and Beane will resign his post. 2020 wont be much better with a new GM/HC and they'll only win 2 games under the new regime giving bills fans no hope for 2021.

it may be a good idea for those that cant stomach 2 and 3 win seasons to just avoid even watching any bills games at all. the playoff season 2 years ago was nothing but a fluke, they got in not by being a good team but by pure luck alone.

it's going to be a tough ride this upcoming season and fans will lose any hope they had by the bye when they are 0-5. fans will be calling for McDs head coming out of the bye when they will be blown out by the fins at home.

the most embarrassing game will be turkey day where the whole nation will watch the bills annihilated by the cowgirls being shut out 38-0. happy thanksgiving :)

the worst of it all is they'll go 0-6 in the division and by week 13 twitter will run rampant with not jumping on burning tables videos yet instead will be bills fans burning their jerseys. good stuff

brace yourself folks, you thought the off season was long, this upcoming season will seem to never end.

GO BILLS!!

Haha you have a very severe case of BBFS bud. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

I got excited when I heard the rumors that we might swing a trade for one of those two, but the more I heard Beane talk the more I realized it was probably never going to happen, and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. 

A move for a player of that caliber is so expensive, both in terms of the draft picks you need to give up to obtain him and the massive contract you need to sign him to upon arrival to keep him happy. Moves like that are typically a "one player away" type of move, and Beane is on record saying a team is never one player away. That mentality is the reason we saw some of the biggest names in football traded away this past year and none of them became Bills. Beane would prefer to have his draft picks for his trademarked wheeling and dealing on draft day and the cap flexibility to be aggressive during free agency then to spend it all on a big name player at a premium position. We'll just have to wait and see if it works out for him. 

I take your point, but would counter that the Bills did try to acquire AB whether some want to believe it or not. In fairness, the draft capital was much less significant than what you'd have to give up for a Clark or a Clowney.

I'm not at all concerned with the money because as long as JA is on a rookie deal, there's plenty of room to maneuver. 

The reason I was all in was because I fully believe a STUD DE would make this team playoff caliber even if the offense were to reach just "average." Yes. Sustained success is important, but a franchise like the Bills may as well start winning THIS season. A)Winning is contagious and B)You start enhancing your brand and all of a sudden, Buffalo is a much more desirable FA locale. So one could argue(and I am) that a proactive, big time move like that could very well go hand in hand with sustained success. 

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no, they will only win 3 games and McD will be fired at seasons end and Beane will resign his post. 2020 wont be much better with a new GM/HC and they'll only win 2 games under the new regime giving bills fans no hope for 2021.

it may be a good idea for those that cant stomach 2 and 3 win seasons to just avoid even watching any bills games at all. the playoff season 2 years ago was nothing but a fluke, they got in not by being a good team but by pure luck alone.

it's going to be a tough ride this upcoming season and fans will lose any hope they had by the bye when they are 0-5. fans will be calling for McDs head coming out of the bye when they will be blown out by the fins at home.

the most embarrassing game will be turkey day where the whole nation will watch the bills annihilated by the cowgirls being shut out 38-0. happy thanksgiving :)

the worst of it all is they'll go 0-6 in the division and by week 13 twitter will run rampant with not jumping on burning tables videos yet instead will be bills fans burning their jerseys. good stuff

brace yourself folks, you thought the off season was long, this upcoming season will seem to never end.

GO BILLS!!

you-went-ful-retard-you-never-go-full-retard-9954945.png

• Haha (+1) 1