Stone cold lead pipe lock...Bills are a 10 win team.

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

How can you be. unbiased and think they’re better than the Jets and will win both games? Remember that Thursday night game from a couple years ago? 

We were about even even last year and they added Bell, Mosley, qWilliams (some ppl in here were for the rumored trade up because he’s “better” than Oliver. Those same ppl now think we will sweep them). We have good safeties but they have Adams. Osemele vs. Spain? Crowder v Beasley? They already had better WRs before any additions. Allen v Darnold? Doesn’t seem so obvious to me. 

how about you plead a case instead of making it personal?

I see us and the Jets as very close for many of the reasons above. Where I do give us an advantage is in coaching. I think Gase sucks. That said, week 1 is a walk into the unknown for both and I don't think either team is in position to consider that game a lock. 

6 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think we sweep the fish and jets. Got to guess at least a loss of those. But got to expect some wins we wouldn’t expect on paper either 

The games he didn't list were -

NE x 2 , tough but our D played them TOUGH last year. Offense was just brutal. Hoping we can get 1/2 ... We improved, they regressed.

@Dal - I really like that matchup personally , Dallas is in the same boat as us basically., Biggest difference? Coaching! Ours is Grade A, theres? Not so much.

vsPhi - Again , same thing as Dallas and us imo. A team with alot of potential. Only reason I'm not higher on them is cause it's later in the year and Wentz should be injured by then. No Foles anymore. We're very tough at home, will be a dog fight. 

@Cle - That team is so overhyped it makes me sick! They had 1 more win than us last year! They have a rookie HC and these ridiculous expectations set by the media. I can see an epic crash n burn. And their OL regression will be critical.

Like Beane said multiple times during embedded , it's not about collecting talent, it's about building a team. I see a dog fight , very very winnable. 

@Pitt - Usually that's a recipe for a long night but does anybody know how good Pit will be ? Prior to last year they won 10+ gms n made the playoffs 4 straight years. They still have a stud OL but that offensive depth chart isn't looking to hot. I think their secondary is average at best with a very good front 7. It's a tough game but extremely winnable. 

could easily see us at 11-5 

Bills will have 7 new starters on offense.  While these new personnel look to be better on paper, I think it might take a while for them to "Gel".  I think the Jets could be pretty good and will be tough at home.  I believe their WRs and TE are better than Bills and the 2 QBs are about even.  I think Bell is going to be the key for them.  If he can produce like he did at Pitt, Jets can be in most games this year but I think he is a huge ? mark, especially with the OL of the Jets not being anywhere near as good as Steelers.  His hesitation at the line of scrimmage might not be nearly as effective when the line can't hold their blocks.  Both defenses should be pretty solid.  It will be a tough game and not the  "gimme" some on here predict.  I would wager Jets will be favored at home.  

I think the Bills can be an 8 - 10 win team if Allen progresses like we hope he can.  To do it though means the Bills will need to turn the 2-4 record in the division in 2018 to 4-2 in 2019.

I also think every other team"s fanbase is looking at the Bills as a "win".

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I see us and the Jets as very close for many of the reasons above. Where I do give us an advantage is in coaching. I think Gase sucks. That said, week 1 is a walk into the unknown for both and I don't think either team is in position to consider that game a lock. 

The Jets OL is atrocious and CB group is bottom 3rd in the league. TE suspended.

Interesting team though, they have potential. I think we might smoke them! Our defense is on another level , 3rd year coaching , we have alot of advantages in that game. Plus McD has had Gases number . 

29 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The Jets OL is atrocious and CB group is bottom 3rd in the league. TE suspended.

Interesting team though, they have potential. I think we might smoke them! Our defense is on another level , 3rd year coaching , we have alot of advantages in that game. Plus McD has had Gases number . 

It is certainly true that their oline is the biggest question mark. It wasn't that much ahead of ours last year and whereas the Bills overhauled that group the Jets only added one immediate starter. That immediate starter has been one of the league's premiere guards for most of the last 5 years though and while he had a down year in 2018 I would expect him to bounce back somewhat. I think stick Osemele next to Beachum on the left side and you have a pretty strong blindside. As we saw here for a few years with Cordy and Richie if you have a strength to that side you can hide some other weaknesses on the line. But it is a legitimate question mark as to whether they have done enough in that area. Especially as regards the mesh with Lev Bell. He is a runner who doesn't need his oline to drive people backwards but he absolutely does need them to hold their ground. Early penetration into the backfield is pretty terminal for his patient running style. 

I disagree on their corners. Trumaine Johnson is a top 15 corner and had a good first year with the Jets. Now he gets to play in Greg Williams's scheme again - the defense he was drafted to play in - I think he is set to have a really big year. They are set to start Darryl Roberts at the opposite corner after using him mainly in sub packages last year and there is always a question about whether he makes that transition but they have an excellent safety tandem in between them which should help and an experienced DC. 

I do think the tight end is a loss. I liked him coming out and I was singing his praises a lot last year so I think missing him for 4 games hurts them more than most will expect. 

The Jets are like the Bills to me. They are an incomplete team but one which has some talent in some key spots. I prefer the Bills outlook long term because I think we are a little better built from a long term strategic perspective whereas the Jets have invested money in good FAs but in spots where I am not sure it makes long term sense and I much prefer our coach to theirs. In 2019 though I expect the two teams to be close. Their defensive line remains downright nasty with two very talented rookie additions (Polite tape alone was a borderline 1st round talent who slid for off field reasons) and I would swap our receivers for theirs in an instant given the chance. I think both could be in the wildcard race - I have previously said I think the division could still be a three way run as late as Thanksgiving. I have cooled on the Jets a little with the off field dysfunction but that team has the talent to be above .500 and in the playoff hunt. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Barring any crazy injuries, I think 10 wins is very doable this season. 

Fwiw, Godfather Gil Brandt believes Bills will be in the Playoffs. Whether that’s 9, 10, 11, 12 or more wins, it’s the only important metric.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The games he didn't list were -

NE x 2 , tough but our D played them TOUGH last year. Offense was just brutal. Hoping we can get 1/2 ... We improved, they regressed.

@Dal - I really like that matchup personally , Dallas is in the same boat as us basically., Biggest difference? Coaching! Ours is Grade A, theres? Not so much.

vsPhi - Again , same thing as Dallas and us imo. A team with alot of potential. Only reason I'm not higher on them is cause it's later in the year and Wentz should be injured by then. No Foles anymore. We're very tough at home, will be a dog fight. 

@Cle - That team is so overhyped it makes me sick! They had 1 more win than us last year! They have a rookie HC and these ridiculous expectations set by the media. I can see an epic crash n burn. And their OL regression will be critical.

Like Beane said multiple times during embedded , it's not about collecting talent, it's about building a team. I see a dog fight , very very winnable. 

@Pitt - Usually that's a recipe for a long night but does anybody know how good Pit will be ? Prior to last year they won 10+ gms n made the playoffs 4 straight years. They still have a stud OL but that offensive depth chart isn't looking to hot. I think their secondary is average at best with a very good front 7. It's a tough game but extremely winnable. 

could easily see us at 11-5 

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

I was being conservative

Well, you already know how I feel about this team.

There is always a game or two that don't go the way you expect but every home game is winnable and after the Bills get off to a quick start -- including a win in week 4 vs. the always-struggle-early Pats*** -- they'll build momentum heading into the more difficult (on paper) part of the schedule.

Some highlights:

-- 5-0 going into the bye and the talk of the league...

-- Squish the fish at home to go 6-0 for first time in franchise history...

-- On the wrong side of a tight game with Philly for first loss...

-- Win three of next four (L @ Cleveland) to head to Dallas at 9-2...

-- Beasley catches 18 passes for 190 yards and 2 TDs in Thanksgiving Day win...

-- Defeat Baltimore at home to go 11-2 before two tough road losses at Pittsburgh and NE***...

-- Stomp reeling Jets to finish 12-4 and clinch AFC East...

That's 7-1 at home, 5-3 on the road, and a home playoff game (or two), folks.

Let's get this schitt started.

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm worried about the two first games. They are must wins games to make the playoffs. They are on the road with a completely new OL. Very difficult but must wins. Lose either one and they will need an upset over New England, Philadelphia, or Dallas while still sweeping Miami and the bottom feeders of the AFC.

If you are worried about the first two games then you already have in your head the Bills aren't good.

39 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, you already know how I feel about this team.

There is always a game or two that don't go the way you expect but every home game is winnable and after the Bills get off to a quick start -- including a win in week 4 vs. the always-struggle-early Pats*** -- they'll build momentum heading into the more difficult (on paper) part of the schedule.

Some highlights:

-- 5-0 going into the bye and the talk of the league...

-- Squish the fish at home to go 6-0 for first time in franchise history...

-- On the wrong side of a tight game with Philly for first loss...

-- Win three of next four (L @ Cleveland) to head to Dallas at 9-2...

-- Beasley catches 18 passes for 190 yards and 2 TDs in Thanksgiving Day win...

-- Defeat Baltimore at home to go 11-2 before two tough road losses at Pittsburgh and NE***...

-- Stomp reeling Jets to finish 12-4 and clinch AFC East...

That's 7-1 at home, 5-3 on the road, and a home playoff game (or two), folks.

Let's get this schitt started.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

4-1 start is realllllllly important to get to 10.  I think we'll have a pretty good idea what this team is about after these games.

With that said, I can't remember the time I was kinda excited for the Bills/Jets match-up.  Darnold v Allen could be fun.   

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have at it wet blankets. Prove me wrong.

Wins:

Jets x2, Fish x2, NYG, WAS, CIN, TEN, DEN, BAL.

Come at me with your best reasons why the Bills won't win these games. You can't. Take it to the bank.

Come at you??   

Well DUH. 

I predicted this 10 weeks ago.    (slow poke) 

We should be able to see them get to 4-1, maybe 5-0 and get the damn monkey off of their backs 

3-2 at worst

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have at it wet blankets. Prove me wrong.

Wins:

Come at me with your best reasons why the Bills won't win these games. You can't. Take it to the bank.

Haha “wet blankets” ?

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Wins:

The problem is that every year for the last two decades the Bills have gone into a mid season swoon where they look absolutely terrible and lose games that everyone ‘knew’ they were supposed to win. And they generally lose them in epic proportions! Maybe this year will be different? The only silver lining is that Fitz isn’t on the Jets anymore so he can’t embarrass us...again.

Go Bills