OBJ says he was disrespected by the NYG when he was traded; he was the only thing keeping their brand alive

The only reason I would’ve sat through a Giants game the last few years would have been to see him play. He is one of the best receivers I’ve ever seen. I don’t entirely disagree with his comments, but they are getting the type of reaction one would expect egotistical comments to receive.

4 hours ago, Chemical said:

I’d take him and Antonio brown. Then we would proceed to go 0-16 because of how selfish they are 

It is interesting to see how many people on TBD support McDermott and Beane and their efforts to build a team of unselfish, team first players but then drool over guys like Beckham and Brown who are as me first as they come.

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have a strong feeling that the Browns are going to absolutely implode this season.

same.  cancers on that team gonna show up big time as soon as they lose a couple, happens every time a team goes big in FA with divas

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I can't stand OBJ.... I'd still love to have him on the team. Guys a game changer. 

With a two-time SB winning QB throwing to him the Giants went 6-10, 6-10, 11-5, 3-13, and 5-11.

Man, that's a lot of games changed by OBJ.  But he DID have 4 catches for 28 yards in his one playoff game!

Oh, and that MNF highlight!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have a strong feeling that the Browns are going to absolutely implode this season.

I think they will achieve some level of success this year (at least a playoff berth). However, the dark side of self-centered personalities always seems to emerge and, inevitably, create a problem (1) in sustaining any long term level of success, or, (2) when things do not go as well as expected.

And the Browns seem to have more than their share of those types of personalities.

I do not wish the team any ill will, yet, I find it hard to root for anyone who cannot exhibit any sense of humility or perspective.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

OBJ is very talented physically. I don’t think, at this point, he is mentally able to hand the NFL and it will inhibit him reaching his full potential. 

He's going to be targeted by each coaching staff to mentally break him.  The trash talk will be consistent waiting for him to explode.  

He's going to be suspended for fighting once this year.

These guys are not really helping my "skilled WRs get a bad rep" argument. 

This ain't Antonio Brown level bad though, I'll take up his cause.. he could simply be referring to his sign and trade, I don't think Giants brass really clued him in as to what they were doing with him this off season. As for the OBJ created the Giants brand.. well.. I'll just say that's obnoxious but not exactly wrong since OBJ's been a Giant. The dude turned into a rock-star and the Giants were a tire fire. Still super obnoxious thing to say.

I hated the dude back when he threw his hissy fit with Gilmore though. He's not fun to watch when he turns the game into a tantrum. But when he's locked in.. ooh boy the plays he makes help remind me how much I love good football.

I wish the Browns well. I hate seeing garbage teams play. It's good to see teams entertain.. unless they are the Patriots.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

33 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think they will achieve some level of success this year (at least a playoff berth). However, the dark side of self-centered personalities always seems to emerge and, inevitably, create a problem (1) in sustaining any long term level of success, or, (2) when things do not go as well as expected.

And the Browns seem to have more than their share of those types of personalities.

I do not wish the team any ill will, yet, I find it hard to root for anyone who cannot exhibit any sense of humility or perspective.

There's the bickering Bills tho too. A few immature young guns on that old roster. I think success covers any personality clashes, and losing makes these much more amplified and causes them to fight with each other. Don't think it affects the play. Think the play affects the media coverage and tantrums.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

14 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Sadly, he's not wrong

This is correct.  Lots of fans want the players to all be humble, which I get.  Boisterous truths can rub people the wrong way.  I get that too.  But OBJ is right.  He was one of the few things making the NYG team watchable.  They were and continue to be a train wreck.  I don’t blame him for wanting to get out of there and go somewhere he has a chance to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Correct. He's an excellent player. You may not like his antics, but he definitely brought more attention to the team. "The ONLY thing keeping the brand alive." Ego driven nonsense.

He didn’t say “only”. He said he was “a main reason”.  Big ego?  Obviously.  Correct?  Also yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

The New York Giants have been a football team since 1925.  Their brand is Y.A. Title,  Wellington Mara, Lawrence Taylor, Phil Simms, Harry Carson, Bill Parcells, Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin, Helmet Catch, and Scott Norwood.   They sold season tickets long before OBJ and will still be a team long after he dies.  They didnt win jack when he was there.  

The guy really needs to get a grip.  

Scott Norwood? You hurtful b$st@rd.  

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Chemical said:

I’d take him and Antonio brown. Then we would proceed to go 0-16 because of how selfish they are 

Yeah, they just want to catch all the passes and score all the TDs...

Jeez, people are crazy......

He just doesn’t get it.  Shut up and just prove the Giants were wrong.  Admit you were annoying and could have been more mature.  You seem like a bitter ex and instead of just trying to improve yourself and find a hotter partner, you keep crying about your ex.

1 hour ago, eball said:

With a two-time SB winning QB throwing to him the Giants went 6-10, 6-10, 11-5, 3-13, and 5-11.

Man, that's a lot of games changed by OBJ.  But he DID have 4 catches for 28 yards in his one playoff game!

Oh, and that MNF highlight!

Those were 7 and 12 years ago.  That "SB winning QB" is long gone.  Pretty much everyone else has noticed that...

• Like (+1) 3