Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

30 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Yes, they have done some things right, but things that in the end won't matter all that much.

Passing on Mahomes, picking a 50% passer instead, thinking Peterman was a good idea.

We all know that QB is pretty much all that matters in this league and they have shown gross ineptitude concerning that position.

And I also only respond to comments I care about, sorry I don't care about the vast majority of your comments.

ok.  you've made up you mind.  you've taken the pessimistic route as you tend to, and you very well could be right, but i'm at least going to let this year play out and see if their plan is effective.

as far as mahomes goes, it get it, but it's tired.  there are a few who will always bring it up on here as a way to complain or take criticism with this staff.  i personally feel a lot if it is hindsight.  mcd could take this team deep into the playoffs over the next few years, and posters like you will always bring that up as a complaint.  

concerning about not responding to my comments...you know why.  it's not that you don't care, but it's because i call you out on your nonsense.  this is your third user name on here.  you've been t-bomb, then white dwarf, and not this character.  you're the type of guy that won't go to bills games because you're scared of drinking, and you've even gone so far to compare yourself to sheldon of the big band theory.  a little on the sad side for me, but we all have to be true to ourselves i guess.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

This.  I have a set of criteria that I would consider indicate significant progress this season: (without significant injuries, especially to Allen)

• 8 wins with fewer losses by 2+ TDs (they had 5 in 2018) ;
  • Allen showing significant improvement as a passer, especially in his decision making;
  • the defense improving both their run and Red Zone defense.

absolutely, and i think what you're looking for is very, very reasonable.  i'd even be disappointed if this team can't squeeze out more than 8 wins.   

they had an interview with allen on sirius the other day, and one of his comments stood out to me.  he stated that when watching tapes, it was disappointed with some of the dumb decisions he made.  he's aware of them and has worked to limit them on the field this year. with an improvement in wrs, and limiting mistakes, josh can be a significantly better qb this year, accuracy aside.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

concerning about not responding to my comments...you know why.  it's not that you don't care, but it's because i call you out on your nonsense.  this is your third user name on here.  you've been t-bomb, then white dwarf, and not this character.  you're the type of guy that won't go to bills games because you're scared of drinking, and you've even gone so far to compare yourself to sheldon of the big band theory.  a little on the sad side for me, but we all have to be true to ourselves i guess.

Wow, what color is the sky in your world?  Also, are you a mod or something?  I don't really know you or any others on this forum, just reply to stupid comments for the most part.

Just now, MacGyver said:

Wow, what color is the sky in your world?  Also, are you a mod or something?  I don't really know you or any others on this forum, just reply to stupid comments for the most part.

you stated why you don't respond to my comments, and it wasn't true.  i just needed to set you straight.  am i wrong with anything i said?  were you not those people?  i don't care, i just find it funny that you are so abrasive that you've had to change names 3 times just so posters will deal with you.  i like  that you're here.  it brings color to the board.  

5 minutes ago, teef said:

you stated why you don't respond to my comments, and it wasn't true.  i just needed to set you straight.  am i wrong with anything i said?  were you not those people?  i don't care, i just find it funny that you are so abrasive that you've had to change names 3 times just so posters will deal with you.  i like  that you're here.  it brings color to the board.  

You're acting like I am supposed to know who you are. It's weird.  Why don't I respond to your comments specifically?  I have no idea really, I only respond to a handful when I feel the need to.  I have been to Bills games and I drink socially when I feel like it.  Are all Bills fans who are not homers the same dude to you or something?

this is your third user name on here.  you've been t-bomb, then white dwarf, and now this character.

Out of curiosity .... Is this true?  3 others? 

You can change your screen name and a good portion of you Internet Persona, but some personality aspects can not be hidden.

mu fuzzy recollection  t-bomb, then white dwarf may not have been "well respected" 

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think the term is Well respected member of the community 

And?  That means I am supposed to treat his responses differently or something?  I am getting a cult type vibe from you guys tbh.  I have never changed my screen name here, don't even know how.  And WTF does this have to do with Jets vs. Bills?

Edited by MacGyver

6 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

You're acting like I am supposed to know who you are. It's weird.  Why don't I respond to your comments specifically?  I have no idea really, I only respond to a handful when I feel the need to.  I have been to Bills games and I drink socially when I feel like it.  Are all Bills fans who are not homers the same dude to you or something?

ok.  i guess that's an easy card to play.  you be you t-bomb.  i'm just here to hang out.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Out of curiosity .... Is this true?  3 others? 

You can change your screen name and a good portion of you Internet Persona, but some personality aspects can not be hidden.

mu fuzzy recollection  t-bomb, then white dwarf may not have been "well respected" 

there's zero doubt in my mind.  he's trying to change it up right now, but i guarantee that's who he is.  not a big deal, and to be honest, i'm not even sure why he changed it up.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is he also the one who said a Head Coach is an easy job?

ohhhhhh.  was that him?  i sure remember that comment, but i don't remember if it was him.  

5 minutes ago, teef said:

ok.  i guess that's an easy card to play.  you be you t-bomb.  i'm just here to hang out.

there's zero doubt in my mind.  he's trying to change it up right now, but i guarantee that's who he is.  not a big deal, and to be honest, i'm not even sure why he changed it up.

Not a big deal at all.    

8 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

And?  That means I am supposed to treat his responses differently or something?  I am getting a cult type vibe from you guys tbh.  I have never changed my screen name here, don't even know how.  And WTF does this have to do with Jets vs. Bills?

It means that before you accuse people of being basically being an A Hole you should first determine who you are communicating with. 

Well respected people here, typically are not A holes (with the exception of their friends)  

If teef is giving someone "grief". then there is usually a good reason for it. 

As for having multiple names and accounts ....  Have at it.   I've had 3, 4 maybe 5 accounts here over the decades. 

Some I abandoned myself to focus on other sites. 1 or 2 I may have been asked to leave because my intent with those accounts was to troll people.  

9 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I reply to the guy one time then get personally attacked.  I guess I know the first person I'll ever block here.

you didn't have to reply to me at all.  i like that you did, but as i mentioned before, you've ignored me in the past because i've pointed out who you were.  i honestly thought you had me on ignore before.  you wanted to get all t-bomb in this thread for some reason, so it came up.  if i'm a bit too hard core for you, you can block me.  the internet isn't for everyone.  

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If teef is giving someone "grief". then there is usually a good reason for it. 

As for having multiple names and accounts ....  Have at it.   I've had 3, 4 maybe 5 accounts here over the decades. 

Some I abandoned myself to focus on other sites. 1 or 2 I may have been asked to leave because my intent with those accounts was to troll people.  

i had to sign up for another account on the bbmb.  there were a couple of gems that would infract or delete 99% of what i posted.  i get that they wanted us off the board, but it got out of control quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i had to sign up for another account on the bbmb.  there were a couple of gems that would infract or delete 99% of what i posted.  i get that they wanted us off the board, but it got out of control quickly.

LOL  I hear that 

I called Tranny   "Big Kahuna" once and got an infraction for calling names.  (Trans has always been so touchy you know)

I said Rob Ryan was fat and needed a haircut  and got an infraction for insulting the staff

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Darnold proved more efficient as a passer, but Allen has more potential to grow. Darnold was pretty much a finished product coming into the league. I'm not gonna say Allen will grow enough, but the ceiling is much higher. I'd have to rate them about equal right now.

Not quite sure why you'd rattle off skill position players as the defining answer to the question, but Beasley is better than Crowder. 

With all due respect, and you’re far from the only one,  I hate the words like potential and upside, especially when talking about qbs.  Jamarcus Russell has potential. So did Hackenberg.  So does Tyree Jackson.  Problem is qb requires so much more than arm strength and being big.  Sam Darnold is a full year younger than Allen and produced on a bigger stage. I think he became overrated in college but still has shown he play in big time spots.  I pray I’m wrong but I feel he is just a better qb than Allen.  Obviously a lot of other factors come into play since it’s a team game but I think they have the advantage there.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Mahomes would not have looked good here, I'm sorry. He literally landed in an offense with numerous weapons, a very good QB to mentor him along with Andy Reid who is one of the best in the business, all around just a golden situation to be in. Allen had none of this structure, his supporting cast was sketchy at best. For all we know Allen can be a TD machine in 2019. It's too early to kick ourselves over Mahomes. Kansas City may never win a Super Bowl in typical Andy Reid fashion while Allen goes on to bring us multiple Lombardi's.

Mahomes was awesome in college and had to carry one of the worst defenses in the country.  Maybe he would just be awesome anywhere.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With all due respect, and you’re far from the only one,  I hate the words like potential and upside, especially when talking about qbs.  Jamarcus Russell has potential. So did Hackenberg.  So does Tyree Jackson.  Problem is qb requires so much more than arm strength and being big.  Sam Darnold is a full year younger than Allen and produced on a bigger stage. I think he became overrated in college but still has shown he play in big time spots.  I pray I’m wrong but I feel he is just a better qb than Allen.  Obviously a lot of other factors come into play since it’s a team game but I think they have the advantage there.

Sam Darnold didn't have to split in training camp reps with 2 other QB's like Allen did.  Darnold was the guy early on and was better prepared to start the season just because he was taking all the first team reps.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Seriously? 

How about a small bet? $5 says the Bills end the regular season with a better record than the Jets

Why would a Bills fan bet this?  I think what happens here is if you express any doubt over the Bills, you must hate the team.  I think we overrate our team (understandable) and underrate other teams (people were laughing at Miami preseason the year they made the playoffs).  I think this teams are dead even and how each qb progresses will show who will make the “leap.”  But to dismiss the Jets is silly ImO.