Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

15 minutes ago, Billsrhody said:

I dont get win don’t get why everyone is so confident that Beasley is better than Crowder.. the open market decided the opposite considering Crowder got more guaranteed money (17 mil) over 3 years than Beasley got in 4 (14 mil).

Maybe if someone brought some facts to the table.

Slightly different styles of slot reciever - Beasley is a chain mover Crowder is more of a potential home run hitter from the slot. I think that is a very tight call between the two - Crowder is four years younger and that plays in to what they got paid in guarantees.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Billsrhody said:

I dont get win don’t get why everyone is so confident that Beasley is better than Crowder.. the open market decided the opposite considering Crowder got more guaranteed money (17 mil) over 3 years than Beasley got in 4 (14 mil).

Maybe if someone brought some facts to the table.

It's the c.biscuiit fallacy. Overpaid=/= quality

8 hours ago, MJS said:

I think they'll be pretty similar record wise, that is if all the egos for the Jets can stop from imploding for a year (which is not a given).

One of the problems is that the two biggest egos are the HC (Gase) and the DC (Gregggggg).  I envision Buddy Ryan/Kevin Gilbride fisticuffs on the Jets' sideline at some point this season.

Coaching will doom that team.

• Like (+1) 1

it looks like you can't mention one team right now without the other.  even on a jets team analysis on sirius, they went way out of their ways to make the bills comparison.

i like the bills coaching much more at this point.  nothing about playing a gase led team has ever worried me as a fan.  as already said, we all know it will mostly come down to qb play this season.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Makes no sense...

on paper the Jets have better skill players and you can make an argument that they have the better QB.

Still I don’t see how Adam Gase is suddenly going to go from a bum in Miami to a great coach in NYJ.  But we’ll see

Sorry that you failed to see the message.

Let me be more blunt than usual 

Screw the JETS.  They will never be better than the Bills.

JETS Suck Suck Suck 

Gase? Gase?  Gase had a decent QB in Tannehill and Jay Ajayi and he couldn't keep the team competing repeatedly.

9 minutes ago, teef said:

it looks like you can't mention one team right now without the other.  even on a jets team analysis on sirius, they went way out of their ways to make the bills comparison.

i like the bills coaching much more at this point.  nothing about playing a gase led team has ever worried me as a fan.  as already said, we all know it will mostly come down to qb play this season.

:worthy: :worthy:

(now help me stand back up) 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Theres nothing worrisome about Gase, but he has beaten BB twice and has pretty much the same winning % as McDermott to this point so you could argue the same about McDermott. 

They are very similar teams. Week 1 will be interesting. 

i really don't like the same winning percentage nonsense.  it's like one poster said it, now a handful of people parrot it back.  it's just not a good measure.  mcd's record suffers because of last year, (and i'm not giving anyone a pass) but gase has already failed as a head coach, and our staff is really in the show me moment of it's tenure.  it's not a good comparison at this point.  on top of that, why not compare them head to head?  i think the mcd lead bills are 3-1 againts gase's dolphins, so mcd is better straight up against gase.  i don't think that a great measure, but i also don't know why you choose to ignore it.

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Allen / Darnold

McDermott / Gase

White, Poyer, Hyde / whatever the NYETS have

Lawson, Edmunds, Hughes, Lorax, and Milano / whatever the NYETS have

How is Allen above Darnold right now?  Makes no sense other than homerism...

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i really don't like the same winning percentage nonsense.  it's like one poster said it, now a handful of people parrot it back.  it's just not a good measure.  mcd's record suffers because of last year, (and i'm not giving anyone a pass) but gase has already failed as a head coach, and our staff is really in the show me moment of it's tenure.  it's not a good comparison at this point.  on top of that, why not compare them head to head?  i think the mcd lead bills are 3-1 againts gase's dolphins, so mcd is better straight up against gase.  i don't think that a great measure, but i also don't know why you choose to ignore it.

excellent point my friend 

Most of the NFL thinks the Bills suck big time and need many rears of rebuilding. 

How many great coaches started out with worse records than McDermott?    I could easily say say more than a handful.   

For Christs Sake, he got us to the playoffs with Tuhrod Freaking Taylor!!!

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

how many  not a decent QB types manage to beat NE** so often in South Florida?

Were they all flukes? 

New England don't like playing there. Don't know if it is the humidty or what but they stuggle in Miami. I think there and Denver are Brady's two worst stadiums statistically. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

excellent point my friend 

Most of the NFL thinks the Bills suck big time and need many rears of rebuilding. 

How many great coaches started out with worse records than McDermott?    I could easily say say more than a handful.   

For Christs Sake, he got us to the playoffs with Tuhrod Freaking Taylor!!!

i understand that some choose to be outraged by last year, and let's face it...it didn't go well.  i was expecting that and was willing to put up with it in hopes that this year it finally comes together.  the record with mcd last year isn't a good measure as who he is as a coach for me.  this is the year i think we'll really know who we have.  if there's no significant progress this season, we're likely screwed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

New England don't like playing there. Don't know if it is the humidty or what but they stuggle in Miami. I think there and Denver are Brady's two worst stadiums statistically. 

You can do better than that Gunner.  (Well, I guess not living here may be why you missed these) 

How do they fair in Tampa and Jacksonville?  

Nashville is as oppressive with humidity as South Florida? 

Early September in DC and Baltimore and Philly can all get oppressive with humidity.

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

White, Poyer, Hyde / whatever the NYETS have

Their safeties are equally excellent. I think in terms of duos that have proven it on the field it is the Vikings pair (Harris and Smith), the Jets pair (Adams and Maye) and our pair (Hyde and Poyer) as a top three and I can see the arguments for each as being #1. That said if Earl Thomas is the Earl Thomas of old then he and Tony Jefferson in Baltimore should be pretty spectacular. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

You can do better than that Gunner.  (Well, I guess not living here may be why you missed these) 

How do they fair in Tampa and Jacksonville?  

Nashville is as oppressive with humidity as South Florida? 

Early September in DC and Baltimore and Philly can all get oppressive with humidity.

I don't know the reason... but the Patriots struggle at Miami. And that pre-dates Tannehill being there. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i understand that some choose to be outraged by last year, and let's face it...it didn't go well.  i was expecting that and was willing to put up with it in hopes that this year it finally comes together.  the record with mcd last year isn't a good measure as who he is as a coach for me.  this is the year i think we'll really know who we have.  if there's no significant progress this season, we're likely screwed.

Beyond the Petetman failure the next biggest mistake was keeping Derek Anderson as the #2.   

Sure, no one was thrilled with Barkley, but he put DA to shame.  Maybe just maybe those 2 games could have made a difference in the WC hunt.