Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

58 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That home loss week 14 was a strange game.  The Bills looked to be the better team for most of it.  Darnold hit a 37 yard pass with less than 2 minutes to play, one of two impressive plays all game and then Josh threw his second bad pick of the game.   The Jets ST really dominated on KR and the Bills had a FG miss and one blocked.  What that means for 2019 probably amounts to very little.

Agree....it was weird.  I didn’t think Darnold played so great until the 4th quarter.  

36 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Bills got the better o-line, defense, coaching staff, and hopefully special teams.

Jets have us on skill positions, but they can be dealt with. 

The skill positions are negated by the Bills' secondary.  And we'll see if Bell can do that hesitation thing with the Jets.

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Which is why I said after 1 season I give Darnold the edge over Allen but I can agree that Josh has more upside. 

Also so as I stated above, I think I was wrong about Crowder, and yes I give the nod to Beasley. 

But the rest I stand by.  I think it’s clear that Bell is better than Shady.  Anderson is better than Foster...way better than Zay Jones.

So, after these changes to your initial post, do you still think that the Jets as an overall team, is better than the Bills ? Which is your post's title. Comparing 4-5 players (of which the most important one may be equivalent) does not equate to comparing the overall teams. 

As a fan of course i would say the Bills.

If you're being objective at this point I don't know how you say it's anything other than a toss up. Both teams have made a lot of moves to improve and none of us know whether they will work out.

• Like (+1) 1

Toss up, I was called out as a 'Jets lover' for earlier posts.

Other than C I think they have a solid team. NYJ added Bell, Osemele, CJ Mosely, Catanzaro, draft picks.

Bills and Jets in the 7-9 to 9-7 bracket. Can be 10-6 if one can get the advantage on the other. Other than C I think they have a solid team.

I think Buffalo adding Morse helps JA more than Jets adding Osemele helps Darnold.

Morse calls out OL coverages, JA smart enough to understand it and calls match-ups with an improved WR and RB corps.

NYJ WR and RB may be a bit better, but schemes and protections now lean Buffalo.

Is JK JK without Kent Hull?

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That home loss week 14 was a strange game.  The Bills looked to be the better team for most of it.  Darnold hit a 37 yard pass with less than 2 minutes to play, one of two impressive plays all game and then Josh threw his second bad pick of the game.   The Jets ST really dominated on KR and the Bills had a FG miss and one blocked.  What that means for 2019 probably amounts to very little.

Yeah. That was the one game last season that was "stolen" from the Bills. There are things to dislike about McDermott, but his record in contested games is very UnBillsy. That was an anomaly during his two year stint.

I don't think we were aggressive enough offensively OR defensively. Seemed to be sitting on that slight lead hoping it would hold up. Have to be proactive.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Makes no sense...

on paper the Jets have better skill players and you can make an argument that they have the better QB.

Still I don’t see how Adam Gase is suddenly going to go from a bum in Miami to a great coach in NYJ.  But we’ll see

They do, we have a better oline, front 7, and secondary though. I think both QBs will do well this year. Unfortunately for them their skill position players won’t lead to lore wins. I’m glad we prioritized the lines. 

I heard the Cosell interview - consistently one of the best guests on One Bills Drive - I thought his breakdown of Allen was uncharacteristically sloppy in that he did not discuss Allen's progress during the year, culminating in the week 17 game. The analysis of Allen's short-comings seemed focused on the first half of the season - nor was he challenged on this point by Murphy. I have at other times heard Cosell much more complimentary about Allen and I would guess that - if pressed - Cosell would  say that Allen roughly equals Darnold at this point, obviously with different skill-sets. 

11 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Makes no sense...

on paper the Jets have better skill players and you can make an argument that they have the better QB.

Still I don’t see how Adam Gase is suddenly going to go from a bum in Miami to a great coach in NYJ.  But we’ll see

Your threads make no sense at this time of year. It’s like asking who is a worse poster, Phil the Thrill or Billy White Shows. It’s all conjecture at this point. Please stop.

I think they are really closely matched, both talented but inperfect teams who should be in the playoff hunt for a wildcard. 

Quarterbacks - push

OL - Bills

TE - Jets

WR - Jets

RB - Push (give Jets the edge in terms of starter but think Bills have more depth)

DL - Jets

LB - Bills

CB - Bills

S - Push

Coaching - Bills

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I can get the points and debate for the top 4 but nobody who watches or follows football would ever agree crowder is better than Beasley. That’s gotta be a joke right 

I dont get win don’t get why everyone is so confident that Beasley is better than Crowder.. the open market decided the opposite considering Crowder got more guaranteed money (17 mil) over 3 years than Beasley got in 4 (14 mil).

Maybe if someone brought some facts to the table.

Coaching alone will cost the Jets at least 3 games this year. Gase seemed to be a good OC in Denver, where he had Manning, but has been extremely underwhelming as a HC. That being said I think we have the better overall roster. Our defense is a tick above theirs and we have better talent on our OL. The Jets will be looking up at us in the standings when it is all said and done.