Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

20 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sorry, dude, but McDermott has not accomplished more than Marrone at present.   Since the Bills have not yet clinched a ten win or a playoff berth, things could still go south for the Bills. It's not likely but manure happens.   That's not even counting McDermott coaching the Bills to 2 playoff wins.

I don't care what you're saying right here- objectively speaking there is not a single person who knows a damn thing about football that would say Marrone is a better coach than McD. Not one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

On 12/14/2019 at 7:54 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

So to be fair - everything Greg Cossel is pretty much spot on.  The Jets do the better offense.  The Bills have the better defense.  McDermott has the edge over Gase.

To say McDermott has an “edge” over Gase is quite an understatement 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t agree with you on much, but you are spot on here.

We can disagree on a lot and still find common ground against horrible, terrible, no good takes. This is what makes America great. ;)

Edited by whatdrought

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Sorry, dude, but McDermott has not accomplished more than Marrone at present.   Since the Bills have not yet clinched a ten win or a playoff berth, things could still go south for the Bills. It's not likely but manure happens.   That's not even counting McDermott coaching the Bills to 2 playoff wins.

So you would trade McD for Marrone?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I don't care what you're saying right here- objectively speaking there is not a single person who knows a damn thing about football that would say Marrone is a better coach than McD. Not one. 

This is sotier we're talking about here.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This is sotier we're talking about here.

Precisely so. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Poster did not say "better coach" . He said "more accomplishments" .  Factually speaking, he is correct.  

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Poster did not say "better coach" . He said "more accomplishments" .  Factually speaking, he is correct.  

Go back and look at the entire context of the conversation. 

The amount of people on this board that jump into existing conversations without knowing what actually is being discussed is insane. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I didn't say he was a better coach.  I said that McDermott hadn't accomplished as much as Marrone had as a HC.   When I wrote that McDermott had 15-17 coaching record,  1 winning season and a play off loss while Marrone had a record of 31-35 with 2 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins.

Barry Switzer took over a talent loaded Cowboys team in 1994, took them to the playoffs 3 straight years, and won a Super Bowl in 1995.  His coaching record was 40-24 over 4 seasons but I don't think that even the most die hard Cowboys fan considers him a great HC, just a lucky one.

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Come back later.  McDermott has not yet coached a team to more than 9 wins but his 2017 team did make the playoffs, so he's accomplished more than Mularkey.  However, Marrone coached Jacksonville to 10 wins, made the playoffs, and has 2 playoff wins, so McDermott hasn't accomplished more than Marrone.

Marrone is also about to accomplish getting fired based on his poor record as head coach in Jacksonville.  

24 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I didn't say he was a better coach.  I said that McDermott hadn't accomplished as much as Marrone had as a HC.   When I wrote that McDermott had 15-17 coaching record,  1 winning season and a play off loss while Marrone had a record of 31-35 with 2 winning seasons and 2 playoff wins.

Barry Switzer took over a talent loaded Cowboys team in 1994, took them to the playoffs 3 straight years, and won a Super Bowl in 1995.  His coaching record was 40-24 over 4 seasons but I don't think that even the most die hard Cowboys fan considers him a great HC, just a lucky one.

What you said originally: 

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 7.11.15 PM.png

Get back to me when McDermott actually proves he's better than Mularkey or Marrone, both of whom have won playoff games.

I asked if this had been proven yet, to which you responded: 

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Come back later.  McDermott has not yet coached a team to more than 9 wins but his 2017 team did make the playoffs, so he's accomplished more than Mularkey.  However, Marrone coached Jacksonville to 10 wins, made the playoffs, and has 2 playoff wins, so McDermott hasn't accomplished more than Marrone.

Your implication, based on your use of the english language, is that right now we cannot state that McDermott is a better coach than Marrone. Which is ridiculous. 100% wrong. You didn't bring accomplishment into it until I told you that you were being idiotic, at which point you tried to quote stats and win loss %'s which is a stupid, stupid, stupid defense of the fact that you won't admit that McD is better than those two idiots, which literally anyone else in the world who thinks with their brain can clearly see. 

Don't move the goal posts just because you're wrong. It makes you look a fool. 

Edited by whatdrought

On 12/14/2019 at 1:26 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Out of curiosity what did Cossel base that on about the offense? The Jets are ranked 31st in the league and the Bills are 20th. Jets playing a last place schedule. 

He based it on Bell and that he does not think that much of Allen.  So far the has been wrong.

The Bills are just scratching the surface now. They appear to be ahead on the rebuild. and they are only going to get  better via the draft and free agency in the coming year. The will improve, but they are less stable and have too may question marks.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:54 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

So to be fair - everything Greg Cossel is pretty much spot on.  The Jets do the better offense.  The Bills have the better defense.  McDermott has the edge over Gase.

To be fairer - you're spot off.

6 hours ago, SoTier said:

Will Marrone get a another starting gig?

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

The only thing Marrone may have on McD is 2 playoff wins.  The Bills should be 10-6 at least and will have gotten to the playoffs twice under McD, while Marrone has only gotten there once.  Marrone is also sub-.500 as a HC whereas McD will at worst be .500.  And this is likely Marrone's last chance at a head coaching job.

Just now, Doc said:

The only thing Marrone may have on McD is 2 playoff wins.  The Bills should be 10-6 at least and will have gotten to the playoffs twice under McD, while Marrone has only gotten there once.  Marrone is also sub-.500 as a HC whereas McD will at worst be .500.  And this is likely Marrone's last chance at a head coaching job.

winner winner chicken dinner. 

13 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Will Marrone get a another starting gig?

Highly unlikely.

And now,  with McDermott's Bills winning 10 games, clinching a playoff berth with 2 games remaining with the AFCE title realistically possible, and making the playoffs twice in 2 seasons, it's fair to say that McDermott has accomplished more than Marrone as a HC.   Back in July, that wasn't the case. 

• Like (+1) 1