Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

he was interim because the team sucked.  

For some reason  I thought  Coughlin came in or was given a new roll mid season 

The team sucked under Gus Bradley who was a bad Head Coach totally out of his depth. Coughlin was hired in January a week before Marrone was made permanent. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Marrone was 1-1 as the interim before they hired Coughlin. He was only made official as HC after Coughlin arrived. I prefer McDermott don't get me wrong but Marrone is a decent Head Coach he doesn't belong in the Jauron, Mularkey, Gailey list. 

Marrone has a concept but he lacks imagination and flexibility.  Yeah, he'll impose structure and discipline but there is absolutely nothing exciting about his coaching style.  I don't want to run down the whole list but my gut tells me he's in the bottom half of NFL head coaches (meaning there are at least 16 who are better).

I think Gailey is a better HC than Saint Doug if he has the right DC.  He was saddled with mediocre talent and a bad DC (of his own choosing) in Buffalo, and he still managed to make things exciting for a while.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you have that Assbackwards 

NYETS - 

Bills, Browns, @ Patriots, @ Eagles,  Cowboys and Patriots 

LOL  No the NYETS won't be 5-1

The Jets are more likely to go 1-5.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Marrone was 1-1 as the interim before they hired Coughlin. He was only made official as HC after Coughlin arrived. I prefer McDermott don't get me wrong but Marrone is a decent Head Coach he doesn't belong in the Jauron, Mularkey, Gailey list. 

The Tight End is a good player. As is Robby Anderson. And Onunwa And Crowder. The Jets weapons are good. The question is their line. 

Darnold being a turnover machine is also an issue.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Marrone has a concept but he lacks imagination and flexibility.  Yeah, he'll impose structure and discipline but there is absolutely nothing exciting about his coaching style.  I don't want to run down the whole list but my gut tells me he's in the bottom half of NFL head coaches (meaning there are at least 16 who are better).

I think Gailey is a better HC than Saint Doug if he has the right DC.  He was saddled with mediocre talent and a bad DC (of his own choosing) in Buffalo, and he still managed to make things exciting for a while.

Completely disagree on Gailey being better than him. No way. Not a chance. Where does Doug rank in the league? Yea bottom half, I agree with that. But Marrone has a place as an NFL Head Coach. Chan is a likeable guy but by the late 00s he had absolutely no place at all as a Head Coach in the NFL. None. Nada. Zilch. 

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

Darnold being a turnover machine is also an issue.

If he continues to be one, yes, but very much like Allen his turnovers were down and his efficiency was up after his injury. I have no greater concern about Darnold turning it over than I do Allen turning it over. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Completely disagree on Gailey being better than him. No way. Not a chance. Where does Doug rank in the league? Yea bottom half, I agree with that. But Marrone has a place as an NFL Head Coach. Chan is a likeable guy but by the late 00s he had absolutely no place at all as a Head Coach in the NFL. None. Nada. Zilch. 

LOL tell us how you really feel about Chan!

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I’m not sure about this Gunner.  Think about what Gailey did with Fitz (7th rounder journeyman), SJ (7th rounder), FJax, Nelson, Chandler, and Donald Jones.  Those were some very creative and fun offensive teams.  There was a ton more talent with Marrone in Buffalo and Jacksonville.  If Gailey has those teams and DCs, I think he is much more successful than Marrone IMO.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not sure about this Gunner.  Think about what Gailey did with Fitz (7th rounder journeyman), SJ (7th rounder), FJax, Nelson, Chandler, and Donald Jones.  Those were some very creative and fun offensive teams.  There was a ton more talent with Marrone in Buffalo and Jacksonville.  If Gailey has those teams and DCs, I think he is much more successful than Marrone IMO.

Stop the presses, I agree with C.Biscuit97 on something!

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Chan is a nice guy. I actually like him. He knows how to run an offense. But he isn't a Head Coach. Being fun and being creative is not the criteria for being a good Head Coach. He had zero leadership qualities. 

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Stop the presses, I agree with C.Biscuit97 on something!

And it is something you are both wrong about unfortunately. 

Either this year or next at the latest, the Bills and Jets will be battling it out for the division title.  Both teams have turned the corner, imo.

Who prevails depends largely on who you think will be the better QB.  I’m an Allen guy.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

he was interim because the team sucked.  

For some reason  I thought  Coughlin came in or was given a new roll mid season 

the team sucked in 2016

the team got Lucky (Luck was injured) in 2017

the team sucked again in 2018

Watson got hurt in 2017 and didn’t Mariota miss some games as well?

12 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Watson got hurt in 2017 and didn’t Mariota miss some games as well?

Ahh yes.   Watson went down after 3 or 4 weeks was it?  Don't remember Mariota. 

I should have expounded further on that.   

That Division was up for grabs because the 2 best QBs in that division were out for most of the season  (not counting MM)

Blake Bortles was the worst QB in that bunch.  (he also happened to be better than Tyrod Taylor) 

A phrase used on both BB and TT. 

Make Him A Quarterback

On 7/23/2019 at 12:18 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again You missed the meaning in the sarcasm.  

99.999 % of us will say Buffalo is better.   Hence ...... silly / stupid question 

I was looking for a place to put this ....  so why not here 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/camp-countdown-no-2-three-reasons-why-josh-allen-s-game-will-take-a-big-leap-for

1. Improved accuracy

One of the biggest knocks on Josh Allen’s game as a rookie was his passing accuracy. His completion percentage of just over 52 percent in 2018 didn’t do much to quiet the naysayers. However, during spring practices there was clear improvement in Josh Allen’s ball location.

“Ball placement is huge, especially in this league,” said Allen. “The type of concepts that we have, trying to get the ball to our playmakers where that can make some plays. That was a huge emphasis, we’re still working it. That is something that will never change, you always want to try to work on ball placement. Every day you come out, it’s kind of a new thing and sometimes the ball comes out of your hand a little bit differently. You have to make adjustments and understand what your body is trying to tell you and try to go with it.”

On the whole, Allen’s ball location was significantly better than where it was last season during OTAs and minicamp. He was not only hitting receiving targets in stride, so they could make plays after the catch, but he was also putting the ball on a receiver’s proper shoulder.

I wouldn't hold your breath about an improved completion percentage.    I think the guy has a lot to offer but he is probably about a 55% guy.  Guys who have been in this range over a number of years don't generally go up that much.

54 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I wouldn't hold your breath about an improved completion percentage.    I think the guy has a lot to offer but he is probably about a 55% guy.  Guys who have been in this range over a number of years don't generally go up that much.

Time will tell.

On July 24, 2019 at 4:56 PM, GunnerBill said:

i agree.  Gailey was/is a total zero.  A bum.