Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

With some luck,  smoke and mirrors.

Mularkey ... The Titans ?  Was that on a blown / controversial call where Mariota scored the winning TD late in the game?

Marrone ... The JagUars?  The 10-3 victory over the Turod led Buffalo Bills?

Better on Paper does not mean better on the field 

Really? Marrone is better on paper and on the field.  Marrone's Jags won 10 games in 2017, something the Bills haven't done in this century.  They not only beat the Bills in the WC game, they went into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers 45-42 before losing to the Pats in Gillette when the Pats came back from a 10 point second half deficit to win 20-24.

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Really? Marrone is better on paper and on the field.  Marrone's Jags won 10 games in 2017, something the Bills haven't done in this century.  They not only beat the Bills in the WC game, they went into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers 45-42 before losing to the Pats in Gillette when the Pats came back from a 10 point second half deficit to win 20-24.

Marrone went 5-11 last year.  He'll be fired mid-season when Foles realizes he's not in Philly anymore.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

When looking at McD's 6 and 10 season I think it is important to remember that our OL was SO BAD that we literally were wondering WHEN not IF quarterbacks were going to get injuried....

And injured they were.....all except for Peterman who was just aweful.

I have high hopes for this years OL that they wont suck....which also means we might have a running game as well

This will factor into wins and losses

I like that we pretend McBeane was powerless to try and fix this.  

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With all due respect, and you’re far from the only one,  I hate the words like potential and upside, especially when talking about qbs.  Jamarcus Russell has potential. So did Hackenberg.  So does Tyree Jackson.  Problem is qb requires so much more than arm strength and being big.  Sam Darnold is a full year younger than Allen and produced on a bigger stage. I think he became overrated in college but still has shown he play in big time spots.  I pray I’m wrong but I feel he is just a better qb than Allen.  Obviously a lot of other factors come into play since it’s a team game but I think they have the advantage there.

Mahomes was awesome in college and had to carry one of the worst defenses in the country.  Maybe he would just be awesome anywhere.  

Every time I try to give Allen some credit, there you are!:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Every time I try to give Allen some credit, there you are!:beer:

I’m really not trying to knock him!  I love Allen’s attitude.  He just makes me nervous.  He like the really hot girl who cheated on every boyfriend she had.  You want to trust her but you can’t! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like that we pretend McBeane was powerless to try and fix this.  

I think we were in the middle of a rebuild and he just decided to ride it out.

He went balls to the wall attempting to fix things this offseason

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m really not trying to knock him!  I love Allen’s attitude.  He just makes me nervous.  He like the really hot girl who cheated on every boyfriend she had.  You want to trust her but you can’t! 

Kind of odd that you would talk about a 2nd year player like that who was considered totally raw when he was drafted and needed to sit a year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we were in the middle of a rebuild and he just decided to ride it out.

He went balls to the wall attempting to fix things this offseason

Going into the season with Allen and Peterman was dumb.  I’m sorry.  

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree it was a mistake....but what were the legit choices at the time?

Sign any veteran qb off the scrap heap like we did with Anderson and Barkley.   Also, I think their evaluation of the receiver position has been horrible.  This needs to improve big team.  I wish they would have taken more steps to get a number 1 this offseason.  I feel like Daboll is trying to build a NE type offense and that’s not the qb Allen is.

Just to remind everyone, we got completely mutilated by Baltimore. 

Yea yea, I know pick master Peterman was slinging the rock and the the team was vastly different than it is now, but I wouldn’t sleep on Balty. 

That said, let’s get some revenge for last season. 

On 7/22/2019 at 4:46 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

I was listening to One Bills Live that had an interview with Greg Cosell Of NFL Films.  He starts by evaluating Josh Allen’s film and Greg makes it sound like he’s a long way from being a good QB.

But the more interesting question came when Good Ol’ John Murphy asked Greg point blank - Who is better, The Jets or the Bills?  Ironically Greg danced around the question and wouldn’t answer it.  He said it hard to say and think the Jets could have the better offense and the Bills could have the better defense.  He thinks that the Bills have the edge in coaching considering but that Gase is a highly respect offensive mind.  He questions the Bills OL considering they could have 4 new starters.  

But I’ll throw this question out - who do you think will be better:  The Bills or The Jets?

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/obl-7-19-bleacher-report-s-tyler-dunne-co-hosts-bills-2019-season-preview-with-g

All I can say  Allen better BE  motivated to prove EVERY ONE of those ( so called experts in the national & even local  media WRONG ) 

I hope we come out swinging week one , I’m tired of this same old formula- run the ball play good defense keep the score close , 

f@$! that I want to see empty backfield, 4 wide receiver sets and so on , I want to throw the ball even if we’re up by 27 points in the 4th Q , 

Lets Goooo Buffalo 

cant wait for week one !!!!

Here’s an interesting would you rather:

Would you rather Allen becomes a good QB, maybe goes to one or two pro-bowls and has a fine career over the next 15 years while Sam Darnold is a complete bust and is out of the league in 4 years and seen as more of a joke than butt-fumble, 

or would you rather Allen become a generational talent, one of the best to play in the 2020’s, but who forever lives in Darnolds shadow as Darnold becomes listed among Brady, Manning, and Montana as best to ever play.

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Fair enough.... but if your going to say your not worried about Gase the same can be repeated about the Bills and McDermott to this point. 

ok.  i'm not sure why that matters, but i doubt anyone really fears playing the bills right now.

19 hours ago, SoTier said:

Other teams manage to find them ... the Eagles, the Colts, the Rams, the Bears ...  Hell, the Chargers hired former Bills assistant and interim HC Anthony Lynn whom the Bills inteviewed but rejected for McDermott.

A decision I continue to believe was the right one.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoTier said:

Oh my.   Either you want to twist my words and change the story or you are misreading posts.

On paper PLAYERS can look better as individuals, and not play well as a team.  

What was Marones record early in 2017 before the Jaguars hired Tom Coughlin?    .500  (and with a top 5 defense) 

What was Marones record this past  2018 season?   5 and 11

Now they have signed Nick Foles to "save" the franchise.     If Foles fails, I expect Marrone to get fired. 

They not only beat the Bills in the WC game,

thats the SAD part.  --  Tyrod Freaking Taylor was out played by Bortles 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1