Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mahomes was awesome in college and had to carry one of the worst defenses in the country.  Maybe he would just be awesome anywhere. 

I don't think so. I think Andy Reid is a QB whisperer and consistently has a track record of producing QBs. No way Mahomes does what he did in Kansas City in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Sam Darnold didn't have to split in training camp reps with 2 other QB's like Allen did.  Darnold was the guy early on and was better prepared to start the season just because he was taking all the first team reps.  

There’s a reason Sam Darnold was drafted higher.  The facts are that SD has been better at a higher level of college football than Allen.  Could Allen become better, sure.  But the overwhelming odds of lower completion college passers is they will struggle to be consistent in the nfl.  That’s what always worried me about Allen.  I feel like there shouldn’t be as many excuse threads about the highest drafted qb in Bills history. Hopefully, Allen puts them to bed this year. 

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't think so. I think Andy Reid is a QB whisperer and consistently has a track record of producing QBs. No way Mahomes does what he did in Kansas City in Buffalo.

Maybe not 50 tds.  But it’s silly to completely dismiss him.  Also if Andy Reid likes him, maybe it’s because he recognized he was really good.  Crazy I know.  

I said all along that the Allen pick made me nervous.  But if Reid was making the pick, I’d feel much better about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There’s a reason Sam Darnold was drafted higher.  The facts are that SD has been better at a higher level of college football than Allen.  Could Allen become better, sure.  But the overwhelming odds of lower completion college passers is they will struggle to be consistent in the nfl.  That’s what always worried me about Allen.  I feel like there shouldn’t be as many excuse threads about the highest drafted qb in Bills history. Hopefully, Allen puts them to bed this year. 

Then I'll bring up Jamarcus Russell as an example you used earlier.

It will be very close in terms of what team finishes better this season. 

I do like what the Jets did in the off season. They added some nice pieces to their squad without question. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Then I'll bring up Jamarcus Russell as an example you used earlier.

Russell was completely drafted number 1 because of potential.  I love the Bills but I’m not biased.  Honest question:  if any nfl fans could pick a qb, who do think they take Darnold or Allen?  Again, it doesn’t mean it will play out that way but Darnold would easily win. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why would a Bills fan bet this?  I think what happens here is if you express any doubt over the Bills, you must hate the team.  I think we overrate our team (understandable) and underrate other teams (people were laughing at Miami preseason the year they made the playoffs).  I think this teams are dead even and how each qb progresses will show who will make the “leap.”  But to dismiss the Jets is silly ImO. 

^^^this

You show any doubt in what the franchise is doing and you're a Bills hater, told to go root for another team, personally attacked and assumed to be all the same dude with multiple accounts (because heaven forbid there is more than one "Bills hater" out there) all the while a few "respected members of the community" act like hall monitors instead of talking about football. 

By all accounts, Darnold will wind up being the better NFL QB and many Bills fans just can't accept that out of homerism as opposed to reasoning. Over the years it will be exponentially harder to swallow as we watch Mahomes' career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Based on my "limited knowledge"  I like Allen much better than I do Darnold.

Because you’re a Bills fan.  If it was reversed, you’d like Darnold better and laugh at the Jets for having a 52% passer who was a 56% passer in the MWC.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe not 50 tds.  But it’s silly to completely dismiss him.  Also if Andy Reid likes him, maybe it’s because he recognized he was really good.  Crazy I know.  

I said all along that the Allen pick made me nervous.  But if Reid was making the pick, I’d feel much better about it. 

I liked Mahomes coming out, I likened him to Favre. I just don't feel like he would have had anywhere near the success he had with Reid under McDermott. Allen was put in a God awful position, whereas Mahomes was put in a golden situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because you’re a Bills fan.  If it was reversed, you’d like Darnold better and laugh at the Jets for having a 52% passer who was a 56% passer in the MWC.  

Yep, it's so painfully obvious but yet we go through this time and time again.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I liked Mahomes coming out, I likened him to Favre. I just don't feel like he would have had anywhere near the success he had with Reid under McDermott. Allen was put in a God awful position, whereas Mahomes was put in a golden situation. 

The Bills didn’t have to put Allen in a terrible position. They didn’t have to have terrible receivers.  They didn’t have to not go into the season without a veteran qb.  If anything, this makes me more nervous in their ability to develop a rawer qb.

and for as bad as the Bills situation was, Mahomes carried the second worst defense in the nfl and lost multiple games where he put up 35 points (I think our D was 2 or 3).

i know we don’t want it to be true but Mahomes might just be the next big thing at Qb.  Now we need to hope Allen can get somewhere close. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Russell was completely drafted number 1 because of potential.  I love the Bills but I’m not biased.  Honest question:  if any nfl fans could pick a qb, who do think they take Darnold or Allen?  Again, it doesn’t mean it will play out that way but Darnold would easily win. 

I brought up the Russell example because you used being drafted sooner is an indication that they are better.  Every single QB drafted in the first round, especially in the top half, is being drafted on potential.

What point are you trying to bring up if more NFL fans would pick Darnold?  Yeah Darnold would probably win.  

I'm sure if you asked this same question a few years ago, Blake Bortles or Jimmy Garoppolo?  

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why would a Bills fan bet this?  I think what happens here is if you express any doubt over the Bills, you must hate the team.  I think we overrate our team (understandable) and underrate other teams (people were laughing at Miami preseason the year they made the playoffs).  I think this teams are dead even and how each qb progresses will show who will make the “leap.”  But to dismiss the Jets is silly ImO. 

11 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

^^^this

You show any doubt in what the franchise is doing and you're a Bills hater, told to go root for another team, personally attacked and assumed to be all the same dude with multiple accounts (because heaven forbid there is more than one "Bills hater" out there) all the while a few "respected members of the community" act like hall monitors instead of talking about football. 

By all accounts, Darnold will wind up being the better NFL QB and many Bills fans just can't accept that out of homerism as opposed to reasoning. Over the years it will be exponentially harder to swallow as we watch Mahomes' career.

oh boo hoo.  you two are such victims.  maybe it's not your message, rather how you present it. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

partly.

This goes back to even before the draft  -  Based on what I saw on all the pre draft sports shows and read on the write ups  I liked Allen over Darnold. 

Luckily for me in last years draft - they drafted/signed the guy I liked better. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I didn't like either prior to the draft.  Now I'd rather have Allen.

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Bills didn’t have to put Allen in a terrible position. They didn’t have to have terrible receivers.  They didn’t have to not go into the season without a veteran qb.  If anything, this makes me more nervous in their ability to develop a rawer qb.

and for as bad as the Bills situation was, Mahomes carried the second worst defense in the nfl and lost multiple games where he put up 35 points (I think our D was 2 or 3).

i know we don’t want it to be true but Mahomes might just be the next big thing at Qb.  Now we need to hope Allen can get somewhere close. 

You can't try and stretch the fabric of reality, they didn't have to do anything but they did. Also, Mahomes was considered a project QB coming out just like Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What he did in college means nothing in the pros.  As for 52%, Darnold was 57% with a better OL and WR's and being the starter all throughout the off-season and training camp.  I wouldn't be in a position to laugh at Allen.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, maybe the Bills should have hired their own "QB whisperer" rather than a guy from the Dick Jauron/John Fox/Jeff Fisher play not to lose coaching frat.

• Like (+1) 1