Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

36 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Makes no sense...

on paper the Jets have better skill players and you can make an argument that they have the better QB.

Still I don’t see how Adam Gase is suddenly going to go from a bum in Miami to a great coach in NYJ.  But we’ll see

They have no O-Line...

39 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Makes no sense...

on paper the Jets have better skill players and you can make an argument that they have the better QB.

Still I don’t see how Adam Gase is suddenly going to go from a bum in Miami to a great coach in NYJ.  But we’ll see

I think there is some legit discussion on whether the jets have better skill position players.......

One thing that is NOT open for discussion?   The bills are better everywhere else.....

OL

Defense

ST - lets us not forget we poached their awesome return guy

36 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

After one year here’s what I think: 

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

Oh boy... 

Darnold = Allen: Both unproved QB's who showed plenty of Good and plenty of bad. Those pounding the table that Darnold is the messiah are buying the big apple hype. Both of these guys could go either way and given the fact that Darnold was worse than he was supposed to be his rookie year, and Allen was much better, the argument could be made that Allen is a better bet this year. 

Bell >? McCoy: I'll give you a maybe on this one. The reality is that both of these guys have a lot to prove. For several years they were top 5 talents- last year has left much of that to question. I think Bell will disappoint, but I'm not convinced that Shady isn't washed up. 

Ty Montgomery << Frank Gore: Duh

Bilal Powel = Devin Singletary: I'll take the push, but I think Singletary is clearly a better option - time will tell.

Elijah McGuire < TJ Yeldon

Anderson < Brown: Anderson has him on potential, but right now Brown is a better player. 

Enunwa < Foster: This is too small a sample to say difinitively, and it's apples to oranges, but I think most teams would take Bobby over Quincy. 

Crowder < Beasley: Come on. 

Herndon > Bills Field: This one I'll give them outright 

Jets Oline < Bills Oline: This one is based on the "on paper" but it's a pretty big gap between the two on paper. 

Jets D <<< Bills D Obvious

And for what it's worth, we took their best Special Teamer. 

Oh, and Most importantly: 

Gase <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (Clown *****-show) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< McD. 

Edited by whatdrought

44 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

After 518 post here is what I think...

Phil is not a Thrill.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

After 518 post here is what I think...

Phil is not a Thrill.

Apparently you have to do some math here.....Phil tries to thrill under several names. Same result, I suspect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

Darnold proved more efficient as a passer, but Allen has more potential to grow. Darnold was pretty much a finished product coming into the league. I'm not gonna say Allen will grow enough, but the ceiling is much higher. I'd have to rate them about equal right now.

Not quite sure why you'd rattle off skill position players as the defining answer to the question, but Beasley is better than Crowder. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What about D-line, secondary and linebackers? Jets better? Nope.

And which team is a bigger clown show right now? The team with it's top pick holding out? 

I was only comparing skill players

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Crowder<Beasley

Ok so you might be right about this.  I didn’t realize Beasley caught as many passes as he did last year 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I was only comparing skill players

Ok so you might be right about this.  I didn’t realize Beasley caught as many passes as he did last year 

Beasely WAAAAY under rated.....I just need to see that Josh Allen will use him because that means he needs to improve his short game.......

if Josh does that?   We got a pro bowler on our hands because we KNOW that Josh can put it deep

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Darnold proved more efficient as a passer, but Allen has more potential to grow. Darnold was pretty much a finished product coming into the league. I'm not gonna say Allen will grow enough, but the ceiling is much higher. I'd have to rate them about equal right now.

Not quite sure why you'd rattle off skill position players as the defining answer to the question, but Beasley is better than Crowder. 

Which is why I said after 1 season I give Darnold the edge over Allen but I can agree that Josh has more upside. 

Also so as I stated above, I think I was wrong about Crowder, and yes I give the nod to Beasley. 

But the rest I stand by.  I think it’s clear that Bell is better than Shady.  Anderson is better than Foster...way better than Zay Jones.

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Which is why I said after 1 season I give Darnold the edge over Allen but I can agree that Josh has more upside. 

Also so as I stated above, I think I was wrong about Crowder, and yes I give the nod to Beasley. 

But the rest I stand by.  I think it’s clear that Bell is better than Shady.  Anderson is better than Foster...way better than Zay Jones.

I'm not even taking a side. I think the Jets have some advantages and the Bills have some advantages. Just noting that skill position players(outside of QB) are not a defining metric when comparing two teams.

• Like (+1) 2

That home loss week 14 was a strange game.  The Bills looked to be the better team for most of it.  Darnold hit a 37 yard pass with less than 2 minutes to play, one of two impressive plays all game and then Josh threw his second bad pick of the game.   The Jets ST really dominated on KR and the Bills had a FG miss and one blocked.  What that means for 2019 probably amounts to very little.

• Like (+1) 2