Who Will Be Better in 2019 - The Bills or The Jets

I was listening to One Bills Live that had an interview with Greg Cosell Of NFL Films.  He starts by evaluating Josh Allen’s film and Greg makes it sound like he’s a long way from being a good QB.

But the more interesting question came when Good Ol’ John Murphy asked Greg point blank - Who is better, The Jets or the Bills?  Ironically Greg danced around the question and wouldn’t answer it.  He said it hard to say and think the Jets could have the better offense and the Bills could have the better defense.  He thinks that the Bills have the edge in coaching considering but that Gase is a highly respect offensive mind.  He questions the Bills OL considering they could have 4 new starters.  

But I’ll throw this question out - who do you think will be better:  The Bills or The Jets?

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/obl-7-19-bleacher-report-s-tyler-dunne-co-hosts-bills-2019-season-preview-with-g

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL.  

Shirley you jest? 

BILLS

In this case you is Cosell

Makes no sense...

on paper the Jets have better skill players and you can make an argument that they have the better QB.

Still I don’t see how Adam Gase is suddenly going to go from a bum in Miami to a great coach in NYJ.  But we’ll see

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

After one year here’s what I think: 

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

No.

Yes, but our backfield is deeper.

Categorically no.

Possibly.

Lol no

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

What about D-line, secondary and linebackers? Jets better? Nope.

And which team is a bigger clown show right now? The team with it's top pick holding out? 

21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He starts by evaluating Josh Allen’s film and Greg makes it sound like he’s a long way from being a good QB.

Allen was a good QB, the moment he stepped into the game at Baltimore.  He has a ways to go before being considered a Great QB.

21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

But the more interesting question came when Good Ol’ John Murphy asked Greg point blank - Who is better, The Jets or the Bills?  Ironically Greg danced around the question and wouldn’t answer it.

Haha, no balls.

He said it hard to say and think the Jets could have the better offense and the Bills could have the better defense.  He thinks that the Bills have the edge in coaching 

A lot of words to say nothing.

Gase is a highly respect offensive mind.  

Which is why the Dolphins consistently under performed and he got the boot in Miami. !?!

He questions the Bills OL considering they could have 4 new starters.  

We all questioned the Bills OL with the 4 starters we had for last year. 

But I’ll throw this question out - who do you think will be better:  The Bills or The Jets?

Bills.

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/obl-7-19-bleacher-report-s-tyler-dunne-co-hosts-bills-2019-season-preview-with-g

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

Now for my takes 

Darnold = Allen at best. Allen brings more athleticism and well much higher ceiling 

Bell slightly better than McCoy (sorry you not anyone know what Bell will look like after getting paid and sitting out of football a year)

Anderson < Foster and Zay and Brown 

Enunwa = Zay and or Brown (how is his Neck doing?)

Crowder < Beasley 

1 minute ago, Big C said:

I really don't know what people saw in Darnold last year that makes them think he's so far ahead of Allen.

He plays in a much bigger market. Other than that Josh really had better all around play than Darnold 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Darnold > Allen

Bell > McCoy

Anderson > Foster

Enunwa = Brown

Crowder > Beasley

I can get the points and debate for the top 4 but nobody who watches or follows football would ever agree crowder is better than Beasley. That’s gotta be a joke right 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I can get the points and debate for the top 4 but nobody who watches or follows football would ever agree crowder is better than Beasley. That’s gotta be a joke right 

Plus I believe the Bills ol is better as well.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah that part confused me the Bills Line was terrible last year so they made major changes. From what I remember the Jets line was also bad last year and they didn't change a whole lot so how are they in a better position there.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Without playing a down there’s zero question the bills line is better. That’s probably going to be the difference maker for both teams records. Going to be hard for Darnold to throw or Bell to run behind their line. Defenses are pretty evenly matched and stacked for both teams though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1