Source: Seahawks DT Reed suspended 6 games. Vikings cornerback Holton Hill received a four-game suspension

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27239255/seahawks-dt-reed-suspended-6-games

Source: Seahawks DT Reed suspended 6 games

Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Jarran Reed will be suspended for the first six games of the 2019 season for a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

The violation stems from an 2017 domestic violence case in which Reed was accused of assault, according to NFL Network, which first reported the news of Reed's suspension. Reed was not charged or arrested. However, the NFL's personal conduct policy allows the league to punish players regardless of legal outcomes.

Reed's absence will be a major blow to a defensive line that will already be without its top pass-rusher, Frank Clark, who was traded to Kansas City. Reed is coming off a career-best 10.5 sacks and 50 tackles in 2018. Reed's 10.5 sacks were tied for the fourth most by a defensive tackle last season.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Not that I’m defending this guy at all, but it seems to me the NFL ought to be releasing detailed reports of these investigations that lead to suspensions or not cause it definitely looks from this end like there’s some hinky standards in place.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not that I’m defending this guy at all, but it seems to me the NFL ought to be releasing detailed reports of these investigations that lead to suspensions or not cause it definitely looks from this end like there’s some hinky standards in place.

From here it looks like there's no standard in place.  Like Goodall rolls a set of D&D die or something

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From here it looks like there's no standard in place.  Like Goodall rolls a set of D&D die or something

Yeah, not a good look for an industry where appearance is a huge deal. I get private investigations and private conclusions, but when you hand down the suspension, why not make it clear why uncharged guy #1 gets slapped, while uncharged guy #2 gets nada. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, not a good look for an industry where appearance is a huge deal. I get private investigations and private conclusions, but when you hand down the suspension, why not make it clear why uncharged guy #1 gets slapped, while uncharged guy #2 gets nada. 

they did.  They said there was insufficient evidence that uncharged guy #2 did it.  Unless you're privy to all the information that the league was, you have no basis for suggesting that there is a double standard.

• Like (+1) 1

this is bizarre.  all is says is "an incident in 2017?"  And all the scrutiny on Hill and then nothing.  This comes out of nowhere.   Perhaps just more ESPN coverage of Hill b/c everyone knows who he is despite Reed being a great player, but the NFL needs to control the messaging better.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27239255/seahawks-dt-reed-suspended-6-games

Source: Seahawks DT Reed suspended 6 games

Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Jarran Reed will be suspended for the first six games of the 2019 season for a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

The violation stems from an 2017 domestic violence case in which Reed was accused of assault, according to NFL Network, which first reported the news of Reed's suspension. Reed was not charged or arrested. However, the NFL's personal conduct policy allows the league to punish players regardless of legal outcomes.

Reed's absence will be a major blow to a defensive line that will already be without its top pass-rusher, Frank Clark, who was traded to Kansas City. Reed is coming off a career-best 10.5 sacks and 50 tackles in 2018. Reed's 10.5 sacks were tied for the fourth most by a defensive tackle last season.

Big loss for the Seahawks.  When I was watching Frank Clark's highlights, I kept noticing Reed destroying the other teams' offensive lines and terrorizing QBs.  He's an absolute beast.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

they did.  They said there was insufficient evidence that uncharged guy #2 did it.  Unless you're privy to all the information that the league was, you have no basis for suggesting that there is a double standard.

@_@; he said they should explain it so that it doesn't seem to be random..so your post doesn't make sense.

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

Thats exactly what I’m saying... I’m not privy to what they had in this case versus that case so I don’t know if there is a double standard and you don’t know that there isn’t. Right now we only have the word of the league that they are administering justice fairly and balanced and that honestly isnt a super soothing assurance, thus, it’s not a good look.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Thats exactly what I’m saying... I’m not privy to what they had in this case versus that case so I don’t know if there is a double standard and you don’t know that there isn’t. Right now we only have the word of the league that they are administering justice fairly and balanced and that honestly isnt a super soothing assurance, thus, it’s not a good look.

Every day, district attorneys charge certain suspects with crimes and decide not to charge others, for reasons that are not fully disclosed.  Is that a bad look, too?  

53 minutes ago, mannc said:

Every day, district attorneys charge certain suspects with crimes and decide not to charge others, for reasons that are not fully disclosed.  Is that a bad look, too?  

Two things: 

1-- It aint a great look. 2 dudes due the same crime, they should face the same punishment. 

2-- An employer docking pay and detrimentally harming the career of a professional is 100% different than duly elected/sworn officials upholding the laws of the land. This isn't a criminal system, it's a business system. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

As noted by others, how in the actual :censored: does Jarran Reed get 6 games and Tyreke Hill gets jack :censored: squat? NFL discipline credibility, 0. 

The linked article says almost nothing about the evidence against Reed.  The NFL found that there was insufficient evidence for the league to take action against Hill.  What reason do you have to believe that the evidence against Hill was comparable to the evidence against Reed?  Why would the league treat Reed more harshly than Hill for similar offenses?  Both are stars, although I'll admit that Hill is a bigger one than Reed.   

Edited by mannc

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

exactly.

hard to follow isn't it ?

What's hard to follow?  The league found sufficient evidence that Reed did it and insufficient evidence that Hill did it.  Seems very easy to follow...