LBs Josh Bynes and Stephone Anthony visiting OBD

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Stephone Anthony? He was a pretty high pick as i recall, what happened to him 

good stats year One in NO. Then Nothing 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AnthSt00.htm

I think we are already at 90 so a signing of either will require another Roster Move 

Edited by MAJBobby

I always hate visits like this right before start of camp. Screams to me a pre Camp injury to a current roster player or upcoming Unannounced Suspension. 

Edited by MAJBobby

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Stephane? We got a girl trying out??

at Linebacker???

Stephanie would be a girl. Stephane is a male. You don't pronounce the E at the end. I know, thats my name!;)

Edited by MtlBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I always hate visits like this right before start of camp. Screams to me a pre Camp injury to a current roster player or upcoming Unannounced Suspension. 

Could be something to do with the Dodson kid? 

34 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think you're close, but off by a little bit.

I think they do these types of visits so that they can have up-to-date, current information on players they're interested in as potential replacements IN CASE an injury happens or someone doesn't fit in to the roster the way the front office thought they would. 

They're keeping their "free agent short list" updated in case they need it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

I think you're close, but off by a little bit.

I think they do these types of visits so that they can have up-to-date, current information on players they're interested in as potential replacements IN CASE an injury happens or someone doesn't fit in to the roster the way the front office thought they would. 

They're keeping their "free agent short list" updated in case they need it.

I understand that as well.  But with Camp Opening this week when I see this type of stuff specially both in the same Position triggers that fear of Milano Not Progressing, Someone getting hurt in personal workouts.  A suspension looming.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I understand that as well.  But with Camp Opening this week when I see this type of stuff specially both in the same Position triggers that fear of Milano Not Progressing, Someone getting hurt in personal workouts.  A suspension looming.

perhaps some middle-ground.  Training camp bodies so Milano can ease his way back into it, and not be overextended too early?

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

BBFS lurking in that brain I see...

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Stephone Anthony? He was a pretty high pick as i recall, what happened to him 

He played for Gase.  

Fairly good article:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/2/13/18222505/retain-tag-or-walk-stephone-anthony-miami-dolphins-linebacker-free-agency

Given his production back in 2015, it’s clear that Anthony is best suited to be an inside linebacker moving forward. He’s instinctive, athletic, and has the track record to prove he could be a valuable contributor. However, that same track record also portrays a player who has suffered numerous injuries and has failed to adapt to the needs of his defense. I don’t see Anthony receiving anything more than a short term prove-it contract from any NFL team.

I would actually love to sign to see them sign Bynes in the event that Edmunds doesn't quickly improve his recognition skills. It would take some creativity on McDermott's part to swap Edmunds over to SAM, but that's kind of his job.