Tom Brady : Not winning Father Of The Year

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

This thread title is misleading.

He clearly thought she jumped, too.  She pulled back at the last second.  If he didn't pull her with him, she would have likely fallen and gotten hurt.

Brady didn't do anything wrong here, IMO.

Hate to say it but I agree. Thought the same when I saw it. 

10 hours ago, MJS said:

That's the smallest cliff I've ever seen. Looks like fun.

I know my kids would be begging to go again and again.

Abuse? Give me a break.

(not you in particular)

WHY are so many people here thinking the Bills Fans here made this crap up?

Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter  Fox  News

Tom Brady dad-shamed after jumping off cliff with daughter   St Louis Dispatch

Tom Brady faces backlash for cliff diving with daughter - CBS News

WE DID NOT CREATE THIS STORY  Some of us just find it fun to make fun of the guy and some of the "Not So Smart" things he does.

Just a week or 2 ago when he "Swore" in front of his kids while golfing ...  no one commented that his 11 year kid was on the golf cart and had it moving backwards and forwards 

We can let some crap slide 

LOL

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

He clearly thought she jumped, too.  She pulled back at the last second.  If he didn't pull her with him, she would have likely fallen and gotten hurt.

If it was me I would have thrown her instead. But I agree with your take. He was being a dad. Good for him!

10 hours ago, MJS said:

That's the smallest cliff I've ever seen. Looks like fun.

I know my kids would be begging to go again and again.

Abuse? Give me a break.

BUT, read the article. No helmetwhile riding horses! The nerve of them!!!

6 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

BUT, read the article. No helmetwhile riding horses! The nerve of them!!!

Having ridden horses when I was a "kid" visiting my uncles farm... Having had one horse get spooked and he reared up and the subsequent fall I wish I had a helmet (and one for my ass as well) 

Having helmets for some of the crap we did would have saved a lot of stitches 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Having ridden horses when I was a "kid" visiting my uncles farm... Having had one horse get spooked and he reared up and the subsequent fall I wish I had a helmet (and one for my ass as well) 

Oh, I hear you! Had a Appaloosa till I was 10. Was on it through a trail in the woods on our property. We went through a swarm of bees and she got it on the rump, (bee was still there when it all stopped) We ran through the trees like it was nobody's business and I was no longer in control.  Held her neck and didnt look up. Just a few scratches.

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

Well, I wouldn't have done it, but then I wouldn't have jumped myself.  I'm assuming lots of people jump from that spot and if there were a significant risk authorities would discourage it.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

^^^^This. 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

(not you in particular)

WHY are so many people here thinking the Bills Fans here made this crap up?

Many online condemn Tom Brady for viral post diving with daughter  Fox  News

Tom Brady dad-shamed after jumping off cliff with daughter   St Louis Dispatch

Tom Brady faces backlash for cliff diving with daughter - CBS News

Bills fans didn't make it up. But it is still a ridiculous story.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:25 AM, Gugny said:

Yes he did do something wrong.  He didnt get hurt while doing it.?

So we’re jumping off rocks, from dangerous heights, with wet feet?. Oh and the kid is just that, a CHILD. What could possibly go wrong? Better make sure they learn those valuable, important life lessons of rock jumping... I mean the risk vs reward is CLEARLY worth it... risk- slip, possibly fall to your death, or possibly paralysis or other serious injury.

reward- jumping off rocks into water.

And people still question Darwinism???

To each their own, I tend to live my life and parent through a pretty basic set of “risk vs reward”- if risking serious bodily injury(or worse) for the simple rush of leaping off of high, jagged rocks into a pool of water is worth the risk to you, then no problem with it. Personally,  I’ll go ahead and file Tommy’s initial decision making to have his young daughter jump in the first place under “questionable parenting”.

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

So we’re jumping off rocks, from dangerous heights, with wet feet?. Oh and the kid is just that, a CHILD. What could possibly go wrong? Better make sure they learn those valuable, important life lessons of rock jumping... I mean the risk vs reward is CLEARLY worth it... risk- slip, possibly fall to your death, or possibly paralysis or other serious injury.

reward- jumping off rocks into water.

And people still question Darwinism???

To each their own, I tend to live my life and parent through a pretty basic set of “risk vs reward”- if risking serious bodily injury(or worse) for the simple rush of leaping off of high, jagged rocks into a pool of water is worth the risk to you, then no problem with it. Personally,  I’ll go ahead and file Tommy’s initial decision making to have his young daughter jump in the first place under “questionable parenting”.

I'm sure when Tom Brady, or anyone else for that matter, decides they want to do whatever it takes to become the perfect parent, he and everyone else will look to you to show them the way to infallibility.  I, for one, will consider myself truly blessed that you are part of this community.

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I make him look like a Sears Portrait Studio model at best.

Now, if you ever show up at a tailgate, you have to do so under an alias. Don’t paint yourself into a corner like that! The pool people in your hood know what you look like, so you can’t disappoint them. Don’t set the bar so high you have to wear an @Gugny name tag at a Bills tailgate. I’ve seen that pulled off before, sadly. 

• Haha (+1) 2