Cool summers

Ice bowl 67

You guys remember any Summer's where it never hit 85 degrees all summer and you really couldn't use the pool or go to the beach much? Lots of folks up here talk about a Summer back in the 90s being like that where some mornings and nights they had to wear a jacket. You remember any years like that?

50 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys remember any Summer's where it never hit 85 degrees all summer and you really couldn't use the pool or go to the beach much? Lots of folks up here talk about a Summer back in the 90s being like that where some mornings and nights they had to wear a jacket. You remember any years like that?

No.  And your friends are lying to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

* Setting up the Carp Signal and beaming it into the sky *. @ExiledInIllinois....we need you!! Helllp us answer this question

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Well, Don (do you mind if I call you Don?) I do recall the Summer of 67.  It was the coolest summer on record. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Well, Don (do you mind if I call you Don?) I do recall the Summer of 67.  It was the coolest summer on record. 

I thought 1967 was the Summer of Love.

8 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

There is definately some basis to global warming. I remember summer in the 70's and 80's. More often than now, there was sun and not a cloud in the sky. Temps were 75-80 with low humidity!

I recall something in '75 maybe.   It had actually snowed (very light dusting) in June. 

There was another that I recall in '93 with a "cool" summer.    I had been in Australia the previous summer working so I had 2 straight years w/o decent summer sunshine. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

* Setting up the Carp Signal and beaming it into the sky *. @ExiledInIllinois....we need you!! Helllp us answer this question

Of course!

OP:  We are from Buffalo.  There are two seasons:

1. Winter

2. August

WNY... Buffalo area... Very seldom cracks 100°.  It's a tempered micro-climate.  Warmer, wetter in winter... Cooler in summer.

Compared to out here, including Door County, Green Bay where we are windward of the Lake.  Brutally cold and dryer in winter and brutally hot in summer.

[YOU owe me Mr.Ferguson!]

1999 was a cool summer I believe in Buffalo.  

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course!

1. Winter

2. August

WNY... Buffalo area... Very seldom cracks 100°.  It's a tempered micro-climate.  Warmer, wetter in winter... Cooler in summer.

Compared to out here, including Door County, Green Bay where we are windward of the Lake.  Brutally cold and dryer in winter and brutally hot in summer.

This was a very "underwhelming" post. Where's the Wiki links? Where's the diagrams and pictures?  Meh

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course!

1. Winter

2. August

Perhaps now you can give answering the question a shot.

Have there been any summers where it never hit 85 degrees all summer???

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think he lost his touch. Maybe that mid-eastern food doesn't agree with his brain. Pretty sure my 9th grade daughter could have done better with that response of his.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

I think he lost his touch. Maybe that mid-eastern food doesn't agree with his brain. Pretty sure my 9th grade daughter could have done better with that response of his.

It reminds me of "that kid," in school who, when an essay of 500 words is due, uses, "very, very, very, very, very ..." to describe everything in the essay.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It reminds me of "that kid," in school who, when an essay of 500 words is due, uses, "very, very, very, very, very ..." to describe everything in the essay.

Or tries to BS their way through the essay with big words like "tempered micro-climate" and "windward of the lake". Pshhhh

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

This was a very "underwhelming" post. Where's the Wiki links? Where's the diagrams and pictures?  Meh

I have been spoiling you too long.  Sometimes life is boring... It ain't all hanging out with @Gugny 's pilfered smoker downing the Heddy Topper or Zombie Dust while living the high life!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

*Probably no.  But 85° is low.  Probably not in Green Bay either.  It's hotter there (record-wise) than BFLo.

I would say... NOT in Buffalo.  Every summer has at least a 85° day.  Now, 95°, sure all the time.  Even 90°... But THAT is pushing it.

You gotta go way up North to not hit an 86° day in a summer... NorthShore of Superior, Arrowhead of Minnesota... Or maybe The Soo (Michigan... Alee of Lakes).

*[I am confining this discussion to Great Lakes sub-region of the Midwest, Upper Midwest, and Northeast & Upstate Buffalo... Because OP is in same Great Lakes sub-region.]

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

*Probably no.  But 85° is low.  Probably not in Green Bay either.  It's hotter there (record-wise) than BFLo.

I would say... NOT in Buffalo.  Every summer has at least a 85° day.  Now, 95°, sure all the time.  Even 90°... But THAT is pushing it.

You gotta go way up North to not hit an 86° day in a summer... NorthShore of Superior, Arrowhead of Minnesota... Or maybe The Soo (Michigan... Alee of Lakes).

*[I am confining this discussion to Great Lakes sub-region of the Midwest, Upper Midwest, and Northeast & Upstate Buffalo... Because OP is in same Great Lakes sub-region.]

You sure about that, bruh?