Ex-Bill Shawne Merriman in the news, and not in a good way

11 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Read it and the allegations sound incredibly weak.

Yup.  Merriman has always been a dirtbag but this is pretty thin.

I feel bad for the parents, but it's a shame they couldn't raise their daughter to be something other than a plaything for sleazy dudes.

58 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

,,,and why did their lawyers wait until the eve of the statute of limitations expiration to file?......no previous Notice of Claim either......

This is in the article : Actually, the fact that the lawsuit was filed two years after the fact shows merely that the lawyers decided to wait until the eve of the applicable statute of limitations to file the lawsuit; the delayed filing is irrelevant to the merit of the lawsuit or lack thereof. It’s possible that the lawyers tried to resolve the case without filing suit, recognizing that keeping claims like this from ever becoming public has value when it comes to determining a fair settlement amount — and waiting until the last possible moment to make the allegations formal and public.

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I feel bad for the parents, but it's a shame they couldn't raise their daughter to be something other than a plaything for sleazy dudes.

what a piece of crap you are to say such a thing. Blaming the victim because she was given a date rape drug?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

,,,and why did their lawyers wait until the eve of the statute of limitations expiration to file?......no previous Notice of Claim either......

The usual reason is that they're trying to negotiate a settlement privately, hoping that keeping it out of the public eye will raise the $$ amount

But when the statute of limitations approaches, then they got to file

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I guess your parents couldn't raise you to be other than a keyboard warrior making victim-blaming comments insulting a deceased woman and her parents?

Don't be That Guy

image.thumb.png.c8136beea15f9d3c8e9d7355ce4a3cb9.png

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The usual reason is that they're trying to negotiate a settlement privately, hoping that keeping it out of the public eye will raise the $$ amount

Not to mention it gives them more time to gather all the evidence they can. Maybe a witness will finally come out and speak.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess your parents couldn't raise you to be other than a keyboard warrior making victim-blaming comments insulting a deceased woman and her parents?

Ohh.....look at all the sanctimonious buzz-words!  Nice job, snowflake.

The point was that this kind of sh-- happens at 3am after many hours of too many drugs/drinks with random strangers.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't be That Guy

...never thought of it....good point Hap....:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Lawyers wait until the statue of limitations is close to running out because it minimizes the risk of being counter sued over the same incident.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't be That Guy

If she is the a victim then it is low to attack her, but there are a lot more false accusations than you probably realize.  These are emotion triggering accusation with people having a difficult time wanting to challenge the victim.  These crimes are election winners so if there was no prosecution I would believe there is nothing here.  If there was even the slightest chance of a conviction prosecution would have accured as DAs dont care about guilt or innocense just convictions.

Football teams are not the only ones who care about winning percentage and its pretty sick.  At both a victims and a falsely accused individuals end.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Ohh.....look at all the sanctimonious buzz-words!  Nice job, snowflake.

The point was that this kind of sh-- happens at 3am after many hours of too many drugs/drinks with random strangers.

Oh so it would be more respectable of a victim to get raped at 10 pm.  I guess victims should have day planners to schedule their rape appointment.

What you are saying is something a rapist would likely say.  "She wanted it or deserved it because she was be out so late"

Grow some empathy dude.

• Like (+1) 1