Parking Advice for Training Camp

I am heading up from WNY for my first training camp practice on Thursday and looking for advice on best place to park.  I saw some posts before about there being a couple high schools you can park at and take a shuttle over to St. John Fisher.  Is that a better move than parking right at the College?  Is it crazy busy trying to park right at Fisher?  Thanks for any help I can get on the topic!

The only pro for parking across the street is that you can get to and from training camp quicker.  The con is it costs $15 to park near and $10 to park further away.  The shuttles only cost $1 but don't have AC, take more time to get there (obviously) and there can be a wait when trying to leave (my son hangs around for autographs so that leads to less wait time).

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only pro for parking across the street is that you can get to and from training camp quicker.  The con is it costs $15 to park near and $10 to park further away.  The shuttles only cost $1 but don't have AC, take more time to get there (obviously) and there can be a wait when trying to leave (my son hangs around for autographs so that leads to less wait time).

The shuttle cost $1. but is FREE for seniors!

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Sutherland is about 15 minutes closer........right in the Village of Pittsford.......

Yes it's closer but by about half that.  I use Mendon because it's literally across the street from my childhood home.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Sutherland is about 15 minutes closer........right in the Village of Pittsford.......

Yeah, I always park at Southerland.  So convenient.  Quick and easy.  About a 10 minute bus ride to camp.  Close to 490.  Folks that pay $20 to park in someone’s yard across the street baffle me.  Take that extra $19 and put it toward some new Bills gear ?

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes it's closer but by about half that.  I use Mendon because it's literally across the street from my childhood home.

...it's a toss up......Mendon is on Route 64 which gets you to the village in 5 minutes......so where are you now Doc?...........

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...it's a toss up......Mendon is on Route 64 which gets you to the village in 5 minutes......so where are you now Doc?...........

Near Hartford, CT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

The shuttle cost $1. but is FREE for seniors!

I’m ‘senior’ enough they’ll probably pay me the $1.  “Here’s a buck, dad.  Don’t you dare stroke out on this bus!” 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I’m ‘senior’ enough they’ll probably pay me the $1.  “Here’s a buck, dad.  Don’t you dare stroke out on this bus!” 

...and all this time I thought you JUST reached puberty......congrats!!....:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1