Surprise, Surprise, Clay Starting TC Off on PUP

H2o

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

I believe he is talking about Tyler Kroft. Our TE who broke his foot. I don't understand the point of this thread when we still have an injury prone tight end for a starter.

Depending on how things go, Kroft may not be the starter.

Go Bills!!!!

5 hours ago, Gambit said:

I believe he is talking about Tyler Kroft. Our TE who broke his foot. I don't understand the point of this thread when we still have an injury prone tight end for a starter.

True.  They gambled on Kroft and lost.  Thankfully they drafted 2 TE's, ostensibly because of Kroft's history.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Knox is injury prone? Who cares about Kroft, he was never destined to be anything with this team anyway. Knox is the future.

Yup.  If it didn't cost so much to cut Kroft, I'd do it now.  It might turn out to be a blessing in disguise because Knox should start and hopefully becomes the TE we've been waiting for.

48 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Depending on how things go, Kroft may not be the starter.

I can't see Kroft being ready by game 1, much less in game shape.  I'd put him on PUP as well.

20 hours ago, H2o said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/1152670424309743616?s=20

Can't say this is a shocker. A guy who was so talented, but just can't stay healthy and it has taken it's toll. Hope Cards fans get used to seeing him on lists as such. 

Not to be a prick but so is our new TE.  Lol.

4 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Let's go wild and have 2 good tight ends.  

If we kept Clay we could have run a new formation called a crippled TE set.

17 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I’d assume he’ll be released before Game 1.

He’s “back up” caliber at this point in his career.

I think most teams wish their backups and even some starters were that good.  His issue has never been talent.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

15 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Remember when we were so excited to steal him away from the Dolphins? Uggg

Yeah.

PUP.  Well I'M shocked...

Just now, Socal-805 said:

Yeah.

PUP.  Well I'M shocked...

What about Cordy Glenn?

...injury history is unfortunate.....despite many who have said "no way", I STILL think we got snookered by the Fins expecting them to match with OBD's sole premise to be crimping Fins' cap space by retaining him....backfired...just my opinion though....major money for suspect health...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think most teams wish their backups and even some starters were that good.  His issue has never been talent.

If you say so dude.

I never saw anything other than "mediocre" during his time with the Bills. Blame it on the QBs if you want but I for one am glad he's out. Often injured and never impactful.

5 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Who the hell is Charles Clay?

Former starting tight end who played for us for the last four seasons.  Drafted by the Dolphins in 2011 in the sixth round out of Tulsa.  

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Former starting tight end who played for us for the last four seasons.  Drafted by the Dolphins in 2011 in the sixth round out of Tulsa.  

And many here are of the opinion that Mr. Clay never read ‘The Little Engine That Could’.  (3 December 2018)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Date.

25 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

If you say so dude.

I never saw anything other than "mediocre" during his time with the Bills. Blame it on the QBs if you want but I for one am glad he's out. Often injured and never impactful.

I dont have to blame it on the QBs.  Given the fact that you brought it up without me doing so shows you already are aware of it and it has validity.  His best years are behind him but he is still better than a lot of TEs in this league.

Clay pushed through a bad knee , and then got another bad knee.
The man will hardly be able to walk when 40 without drugs or both knee replacements. or both.

Can't hate the Mr Clay.

But Whaley thinking that a fairly solid TE would fix Tyrod was fantasy for sure.

from the first year Bill limited his practice reps and his health got worse. but the contract was guaranteed and tough to cut bait.

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont have to blame it on the QBs.  Given the fact that you brought it up without me doing so shows you already are aware of it and it has validity.  His best years are behind him but he is still better than a lot of TEs in this league.

He had a good skill set and got open.
But it became painful for me to watch him play.

He ended his career in Buffalo with that drop in the endzone from Allen which would have changed the game. sad way to recall him honestly 

Edited by 3rdand12