Top Gun: Maverick

Boca BIlls

10 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That looks familiar but like something I blocked out of my memory. The hell is that from lol?

Tropic Thunder - somewhat revitalized his career after going nuts with his scientology phase.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Tropic Thunder - somewhat revitalized his career after going nuts with his scientology phase.

Great cameo by Cruise. I’d argue that the Mission Impossible movies have been really good that few years, too.  

2 hours ago, stony said:

Great cameo by Cruise. I’d argue that the Mission Impossible movies have been really good that few years, too.  

All good movies.  Minority Report and Edge of Tomorrow are my top two Cruise movies with him as the main actor.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I thought the Navy had a policy be promoted within certain period of time or cashiered out.  Maybe the clock gets reset each time you are busted in rank.

If a Naval officer got "busted in rank," his career would be effectively over.

Two stars don't talk to Captains like that. It's just silly., and O6's don't have regular operational flying jobs.

I especially like the way the F-18 engines are in full burner and after that they show him selecting that throttle position. Things a bit out of order 

Edited by sherpa
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I thought Iceman was in the sequel but didn't see him in the trailer.  Pry a good idea to go with Jennifer Connelly.

4af571b20293945547bee08afa969cec.jpg

Sold me!

Where do I catch the DC-3 so I can sign up!

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Two stars don't talk to Captains like that. It's just silly., and O6's don't have regular operational flying jobs.

I especially like the way the F-18 engines are in full burner and after that they show him selecting that throttle position. Things a bit out of order 

What's not silly about Hollywood?  Why is this even a debate?

Anyway.  Up or out.  Avoids the "Peter Principle."

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

All good movies.  Minority Report and Edge of Tomorrow are my top two Cruise movies with him as the main actor.

I forgot about Edge of Tomorrow. Really enjoyable. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, sherpa said:

Bud, it’s entertainment.

Hollywood.

Top Gun was the first time I remember him playing a cocky character.  Ever since then I really haven't cared for his films for the most part.  Although I still do really like All The Right Moves & Risky Business 

Edited by Another Fan