Man says he found 24-year-old message in a bottle on Florida beach

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

This needs your expertise to explain especially how it slipped through your lock @ExiledInIllinois

“And the note says, ‘Hello, June 16, 1995, Frankfurt, Michigan, I’ve tossed this bottle into the water to bring joy to anyone who finds it, this whiskey bottle was full a few short hours earlier, if you find this call me, and I’ll buy you a drink,’” Henrickson said.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/07/15/man-says-he-found-year-old-message-bottle-florida-beach/

Ironically, I found a note in a bottle today as well. It read," Hello, July 16, 1995, Orchard Park, New York. I've tossed this bottle into the water to bring joy to any Bills fan who finds it. It occurs to me that the Patriots have Drew Bledsoe as their QB and he's only 23 years-old. He will be their starter for the next 10-15 years and we will win the division every year as a result. It's a stone cold lock."

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/19/2019 at 12:59 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Oh... And BTW... A bottle traveling against the prevailing flow of Lake Michigan 275 miles south down the whole fetch of a 120 mile wide lake and finding a 80 foot opening @ Chicago Harbor or a 400 foot opening narrowing down to 110 feet @ Calumet Harbor is like hitting the moon with a bottle rocket.

Those two outlets or natural flow out around Huron and out the Atlantic is only way.  Yet out the Atlantic is then against Gulf Stream.

It had help.  Like picked up as trash... Then fell off the boat, somewhere In the Gulf.

ancient-aliens-meme-24.jpg&f=1

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/19/2019 at 1:00 PM, The Poojer said:

I'd like to find a 24 year old red head on the beach

I walk along a beach almost every day.

There are lots of 24 year olds all over the place.  They aren't hard to find at all.

You should go have a look!

On 7/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

In 1995 when I was 13, I wrote my name on 5 - $1 dollar bills.  I am one day hoping to have it recirculated back to me.  I'm still waiting....

Reminds me of the early days of the Internet and I would do that “wheresgeorge” thing on all the $1 bills I found. Only ever had one get a hit 

13 hours ago, Just Jack said:

You should have used Where's George. 

https://www.wheresgeorge.com/

And damn..shoulda read the entire thread before posting!

7 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Reminds me of the early days of the Internet and I would do that “wheresgeorge” thing on all the $1 bills I found. Only ever had one get a hit 

I've had a few hits, but it can be years between getting notified. But I haven't been marking bills in years either. Still have my stamp though. 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I've had a few hits, but it can be years between getting notified. But I haven't been marking bills in years either. Still have my stamp though. 

Maybe I’ll start doing it again. I thought it was a really neat concept but back then only internet access was at home on a desktop as opposed to now it’s basically everywhere. I wonder if there’s even an app now?

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

Maybe I’ll start doing it again. I thought it was a really neat concept but back then only internet access was at home on a desktop as opposed to now it’s basically everywhere. I wonder if there’s even an app now?

There is one in the Apple store, but they want $1 for it. 

I heard this on the radio within the last hour.  First thing I thought  was  EII sleping on the job.I f this gets through  no wonder they can't stop the carp.?

28 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I heard this on the radio within the last hour.  First thing I thought  was  EII sleping on the job.I f this gets through  no wonder they can't stop the carp.?

Of course can't stop carp.  Nor should we.

I mean... The Lakes are melted glaciers.  They were nearly sterile to begin with... How did other species get in.

Right now L.Michigan is the highest in 47 years.  If left alone, canals uncontrolled, it would be mixing, spilling over with Mississippi watershed water.

What about the other 100+ invasives that came in since 1959 & opening of Seaway?  Thats almost 2 per year.  NOT one has made it north through Illinois in a 100+ years of the Chicago canals.  Until maybe now.  We'll survive.

@BringBackFergy

@Cripple Creek

@\GoBillsInDallas/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois