Jets start TC today, Quinnen Williams not reporting ( update - signed)

9 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

Not that I would mind if that were the case, but is this anything more than your speculation based on the fact he isn't signed?  There are more likely explanations for the lack of his signature on a contract than he doesn't like Gase.

14 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, I doubt you say the same about white dudes, generally. I’m not pretending you are the devil for it but I think it’s probably rooted in prejudice even if unintentional. 

We’d all be better off with “ugh, yea I probably stepped in it there” and moving on instead of the extreme “I could never be racist” vs “im going to ruin your life for an offhand and pretty innocuous comment” approach that’s so common these days 

Exactly.  I didn't see any jokes about Joey Bosa holding out so he could buy more grillz, for example.  I'm a longtime lurker on this board and enjoy reading it because the quality of comments and civility is generally much higher than what you'd find on other forums.  Jokes like this are disappointing and belong in the comments to Facebook articles or Youtube.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about the Bills.?

36 minutes ago, Brother Hesekiah said:

Exactly.  I didn't see any jokes about Joey Bosa holding out so he could buy more grillz, for example.  I'm a longtime lurker on this board and enjoy reading it because the quality of comments and civility is generally much higher than what you'd find on other forums.  Jokes like this are disappointing and belong in the comments to Facebook articles or Youtube.

Lighten up and have a sense of humor. The world is overly PC already and becoming more so every day due to weak mindedness. That sort of mind rot doesn’t need to permeate this board. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, thebandit27 said:

Rookie holdouts make no sense anymore.

There's only 2 things to negotiate: offsets and cash flow. Get 'em figured out and you're done.

The team looks stupid here. You took the kid at #3 overall. Screw the offset language and give him the standard fully-loaded cash flow. Done.

The problem is there are offsets and cash flow to negotiate and teams dont want to set precedents that every draft pick afterwards will try and follow and agents will try to use the "but you did it for him, why not us?" argument.

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The problem is there are offsets and cash flow to negotiate and teams dont want to set precedents that every draft pick afterwards will try and follow and agents will try to use the "but you did it for him, why not us?" argument.

As I said: if you like a player enough to take him 3rd overall, you better not be worried about if recovering bonus money against the cap if you cut him in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, I doubt you say the same about white dudes, generally. I’m not pretending you are the devil for it but I think it’s probably rooted in prejudice even if unintentional. 

We’d all be better off with “ugh, yea I probably stepped in it there” and moving on instead of the extreme “I could never be racist” vs “im going to ruin your life for an offhand and pretty innocuous comment” approach that’s so common these days 

It honestly wasn't my intention to bring race into this, but yeah, some people are super sensitive these days. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the poster child for being PC, but race had nothing to do with my comment. I made a similar comment about Johnny Manziel and how is he gonna afford his new grillz since he squandered his NFL career. To each his own.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As I said: if you like a player enough to take him 3rd overall, you better not be worried about if recovering bonus money against the cap if you cut him in 2 years.

In the same vein, a player good enough to be drafted 3rd overall shouldn't be worried about getting cut after the 2nd season. The agent argues your point while the team argues the above.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lighten up and have a sense of humor. The world is overly PC already and becoming more so every day due to weak mindedness. That sort of mind rot doesn’t need to permeate this board. 

I agree we are becoming too PC.  I also agree that racist dudes love to hide behind “things are becoming too PC.”  Sad fact is WNY has a lot of racist losers.  And some of them are Bills fans. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree we are becoming too PC.  I also agree that racist dudes love to hide behind “things are becoming too PC.”  Sad fact is WNY has a lot of racist losers.  And some of them are Bills fans. 

Maybe some do, but I feel even that is far overblown. The vast majority of us in WNY are not racists, and fortunately most Bills fans aren’t either. Some folks just need to lighten up a bit. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe some do, but I feel even that is far overblown. The vast majority of us in WNY are not racists, and fortunately most Bills fans aren’t either. Some folks just need to lighten up a bit. 

Agree 100%.  I think people are quick to yell "racist!" when in fact, it was not.  It's usually an easy card to play unfortunately.  I think we all need to lighten up; seems these days everyone is looking for a battle.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:32 PM, Bubba Gump said:

He needs all the money he can get so he can afford some new grillz

That's not a cool thing to say. From my understanding Quinnen is a heck of a kid, if anything I'd be weary of Gase. Holy moly what is that guy doing in New York? Bizarre. I almost feel bad for the players almost. ;)

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

In the same vein, a player good enough to be drafted 3rd overall shouldn't be worried about getting cut after the 2nd season. The agent argues your point while the team argues the above.

Yes, but when the guy at 4 gets it, who is being unreasonable?

should he also accept a fully incentive based contract instead of the guaranteed dollars everyone around him gets?

• Like (+1) 1