Jets start TC today, Quinnen Williams not reporting ( update - signed)

On 7/19/2019 at 11:44 AM, Paup 1995MVP said:

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

Don’t let him leave the building 

7 minutes ago, Nester said:

How is this league/CBA so dysfunctional that Rookies can hold out...

Talk about taking the wind out of the team and fan bases sales.

And it seems like when this happens, when the rook finally shows up, he either gets injured early on, or is behind on the playbook, and never catches up until their 2nd year.  I mean, it's good luck for us vs. the Jets, but sucks for them

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No but I think he’s the only one in our division 

Albeit true, doesnt negate the fact hes not the only one unsigned.

I get wanting to pile on the Jets as much as possible, but Bosa in 2016 held out over offsetting language and guaranteed money as a former third overall.

The CBA helped immensely, but agents will always find the leak in the damn. 

Just now, Warcodered said:

This guy?

Signed more NFL contracts than TDs caught in college!

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Didn't know that.  I'm disappointed they haven't gotten it done.  With the slotted contracts, this should be pretty much perfunctory.

Why?  Are you a Jets fan?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This guy?

No quarter.  He didn't sign early enough!

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes.  User name is a clue, unless you're too young to remember him.

Never heard of him.  I looked him up (and initially got "Bryce Harper" only, which I thought your name was a play-on) and while he didn't seem to be much of a player, he appears to be a good guy.

On 7/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Buffalo716 said:

It would've been stupid if he wasnt because he was the most polished player in the draft at a position of need

Oliver is a stud but so is quinnen

Wasn't Quinnen a bit of a one year wonder at Bama?  I don't watch as much college football as most, but a bunch of mocks last year had Oliver as the #1 pick.  He may be better than Quinnen, who had the benefit of a loaded D.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Wasn't Quinnen a bit of a one year wonder at Bama?  I don't watch as much college football as most, but a bunch of mocks last year had Oliver as the #1 pick.  He may be better than Quinnen, who had the benefit of a loaded D.  

They are completely different players. Ed is built to be an NFL 3tech. Quinnen can play the 0, 1 or 3 at a high level

Ed has been a prodigy since HS. He has always been at the top of recruiting rankings and scouts have raved about him for years for his quickness , and strength combo

Quinnen was a top end 4* recruit so he had tons of potential coming out he just flew a but under the radar. It's super hard to crack a 3 man front at Alabama. Unwordly hard

But when he finally did his play was pristine.  He plays with amazing play recognition and his hand usage is amazing. . he can anchor double teams then split with his power or beat 1 on 1s with a variety of rip, swim or club moves

He also plays extremely quick and he is 300+

They both have the potential to be All Pros. Quinnen might be a little more versatile because of his stature but ED has the potential to be a superstar pass rusher if he puts it all together

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

He's not exactly on the trading block.  It's just offset language.  They will work it out.  Probably before Thursday.

It’s not offset language. But yes they should work it out, if they know what they’re doing.