Jets start TC today, Quinnen Williams not reporting ( update - signed)

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Yes, but when the guy at 4 gets it, who is being unreasonable?

should he also accept a fully incentive based contract instead of the guaranteed dollars everyone around him gets?

And there is the reason for the stalemate...one team doesn't want to set a precedent while other teams don't care.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Yes, but when the guy at 4 gets it, who is being unreasonable?

should he also accept a fully incentive based contract instead of the guaranteed dollars everyone around him gets?

Josh Allen (the DE for JAX) was selected 7th and has a fully guaranteed no offset contract.

NYJ just doing "Jetsy" things as usual.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

In the same vein, a player good enough to be drafted 3rd overall shouldn't be worried about getting cut after the 2nd season. The agent argues your point while the team argues the above.

Except that the team chose him; he didn't draft himself.

Why take him that early if they had any doubts about him being a franchise cornerstone?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And there is the reason for the stalemate...one team doesn't want to set a precedent while other teams don't care.

Not arguing with you on this so much as pointing out the asinine nature of the jets position in mentioning how thoroughly set the precedent is... has any top 5 guy not gotten this deal?

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Why take him that early if they had any doubts about him being a franchise cornerstone?

If they are unwilling to sign the standard format contract for that pick, one might suggest trading back, right?

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Not arguing with you on this so much as pointing out the asinine nature of the jets position in mentioning how thoroughly set the precedent is... has any top 5 guy not gotten this deal?

If they are unwilling to sign the standard format contract for that pick, one might suggest trading back, right?

Exactly.

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

That's not a cool thing to say. From my understanding Quinnen is a heck of a kid, if anything I'd be weary of Gase. Holy moly what is that guy doing in New York? Bizarre. I almost feel bad for the players almost. ;)

I'm sure he is, but you need to understand, I'm a Bills AND Clemson fan so it's personal ?

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Because there are players who are drafted, do not make best effort for team maybe never wanting to go there and pushed to be released so they can double dip.

12 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Williams Will eventually report. Darnold pulled this last year. 

Did Darnold end up getting the offset language removed? He was drafted at the exact same spot as I recall.

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did Darnold end up getting the offset language removed? He was drafted at the exact same spot as I recall.

Jets got it in there. 3 practice holdout. But they did get language to void deal if he is suspended. 

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jets got it in there. 3 practice holdout. But they did get language to void deal if he is suspended. 

Ah yes and I remember some sort of language about him not being able to ski or something. But that was a different FO too.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:57 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Still unsigned and was supposed to be on a flight today to NJ, but wasn’t 

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday morning that No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williamsmight not report with teammates today. Per Rapoport, the team planned for Williams, who is still unsigned, to fly in Thursday, but the rookie was not on the flight

Bet our DT is in camp.?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly would give him next years first rounder.  

But this would never happen so I'll go back to eating my S'mores pop tart.  

If by some ridiculous reason Quinnen Williams just didn’t agree with the Jets and was available, I would easily give up two first rounders for him. Josh Allen is the only person in the 2019 draft I would have wanted high other than Williams and Oliver.