Jets start TC today, Quinnen Williams not reporting ( update - signed)

Still unsigned and was supposed to be on a flight today to NJ, but wasn’t 

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday morning that No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williamsmight not report with teammates today. Per Rapoport, the team planned for Williams, who is still unsigned, to fly in Thursday, but the rookie was not on the flight

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Rookie holdouts make no sense anymore.

There's only 2 things to negotiate: offsets and cash flow. Get 'em figured out and you're done.

The team looks stupid here. You took the kid at #3 overall. Screw the offset language and give him the standard fully-loaded cash flow. Done.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Rookie holdouts make no sense anymore.

There's only 2 things to negotiate: offsets and cash flow. Get 'em figured out and you're done.

The team looks stupid here. You took the kid at #3 overall. Screw the offset language and give him the standard fully-loaded cash flow. Done.

It is the Jets after all lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

well, one would think the Jets would have taken care of this a month ago at least. Now TC is about to start for them and their top pick is a no show. Wonder which side is the most responsible for this? lol My guess would be the Jets, but you never know I guess.

I would definitely want my #1 pick squared away before now though, that's for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

well, one would think the Jets would have taken care of this a month ago at least.

Yeah - genius organization that fired their GM with no replacement in mind, then made their (already dubious) new head coach do double duty - what could go wrong?

• Like (+1) 2

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

What’s killing me is Bell had to have shown that he only signed with the Jets for the money. Gase had a hell of a back in Ajayi and managed to flush that running game down the toilet. So back to the OP, how does Gase not tie up that loose end before TC?!?