Obscure jersey advice

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The gem of my collection and my favorite “spotted in the wild”....

C53C5AF9-2AF8-4D94-BF33-3102F4559D6F.jpeg

0E38C2DD-E69E-4E1A-BDB9-2D1733E07F7C.jpeg

7DE7A1CF-CE2C-493F-96AC-28FD64F75B0E.jpeg

Nice! I remember trying to trade for this back in the day! As i mentioned, the Norwoods were tough - the 87 white port hole mesh gamer cost me $500 and luckily the 89 Pro Bowl Norwood gamer was a little cheaper at $300 but im not sure the seller knew what it was. Anywho, i tried finding your info but couldnt bc i wanted to tell you that if you ever want the correct font 'sand knit house' font on that bad boy, or even champion to keep w the 89 theme hit up Bison Logo. Dude can match the material and font to a T. Screen printing is a lot art but he nailed my 86 port hole mesh sand knit kelly rookie tv numbers and plate. He does excellent work!!

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

I have the ultimate obscure jersey collection- just ran a tournament on IG. I have over 400 NFL jerseys from all team;  about 75 Bills jerseys. The most obscure from back in the day are game worn because they didn't make replicas for every player like they can/do now. 

www.instagram.com/stuckinthe90ssports

Nice to see ya on here!!! I was sad the Kelly Gamblers gamer got taken out in the 2nd rd:)

• Like (+1) 1

I have a couple of good, stitched "church" jerseys, but I can't resist snatching every obscure screen printed jersey that I find at the thrift shop. They're great to wear to games, because I'm a mess when I cook at the tailgate, and I don't care if I sit in nacho cheese or something in the stadium. I have a closet full, but my favorite one is an navy era Moorman away jersey. 

34 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Nice! I remember trying to trade for this back in the day! As i mentioned, the Norwoods were tough - the 87 white port hole mesh gamer cost me $500 and luckily the 89 Pro Bowl Norwood gamer was a little cheaper at $300 but im not sure the seller knew what it was. Anywho, i tried finding your info but couldnt bc i wanted to tell you that if you ever want the correct font 'sand knit house' font on that bad boy, or even champion to keep w the 89 theme hit up Bison Logo. Dude can match the material and font to a T. Screen printing is a lot art but he nailed my 86 port hole mesh sand knit kelly rookie tv numbers and plate. He does excellent work!!

Very happy for you that you finally got your Norwood, and it’s a game used that’s so awesome! The Pro-Bowl jersey is a nice feather in the cap, can’t  say I’m not totally jealous! 

Thanks for the scoop on Bison Logo, I’ll have to check it out. The font on mine did bug me a little, especially the “O”s, but the letters were cut by a really good friend at a local shop, so there’s some sentimental value. 

Good to reconnect with ya, I really respect your knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I have a couple of good, stitched "church" jerseys, but I can't resist snatching every obscure screen printed jersey that I find at the thrift shop. They're great to wear to games, because I'm a mess when I cook at the tailgate, and I don't care if I sit in nacho cheese or something in the stadium. I have a closet full, but my favorite one is an navy era Moorman away jersey. 

Good point on the screens.  My stitched Freddy is just a touch more battle worn than I'd like.

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Along those lines, the number can be the year of one’s birth.  I have a jersey with ‘VIII’ on it.

...Did you just say you were born in 8?  AD?

Am I the only one that noticed this?

Edited by BringBackFlutie

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You should just get an OJ Jersey if you're thinking of getting a Henry jersey.

At least you'd get a reaction. With a Henry Jersey I think most would just assume you're broke and haven't bought one since 02.

Funny, likely true and not too worried about if people think I'm broke or not.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Funny, likely true and not too worried about if people think I'm broke or not.

Lol wasn't trying to accuse you of being broke. I just think it'd be that, or I'd think this poor guy bought so many jerseys of players let go he just gave up buying them. Which is the place I'm in. I had a lot of jerseys as I got older, I've gotten less interested in them.

12 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Lol wasn't trying to accuse you of being broke. I just think it'd be that, or I'd think this poor guy bought so many jerseys of players let go he just gave up buying them. Which is the place I'm in. I had a lot of jerseys as I got older, I've gotten less interested in them.

No, I got ya, i'm doin' ok. I always think the same when I see a dude wearing Parrish or McGahee.  Then I look to see if it is stitched.  Prob gonna hop the ugly white Bledsoe, need one of those light tops from that era.

17 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Someone just listed a champion font correct period authentic Christie jersey on ebay. Decent price to!

A game-worn was in downtown Toronto a few years back, it was so small

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

A game-worn was in downtown Toronto a few years back, it was so small

His are funny, i agree - the champion ones were TINY. His later year ones however like his Logo Athletics are HUGE. He changed to tucking them in but in a very baggy style. IMO, changes like that are one of the things that makes collecting old gamers fun. Each one was different where are now with nike, everything is so uniform they all look the same. One of the reasons i miss the old days where teams chose a supplier to outfit them rather than a league wide contract. 

On 7/18/2019 at 11:33 PM, Bills fan since 87 said:

I have my stiched blue Freddy, my screened Jim Kelly and  my prized white Super Bowl patch Thurman jerseys.  Along with those I have a stitched ugly early 2000s blue Moulds jersey.  Out of the four the Moulds one gets the most coments on game day as it's just a little different than the norm.

So here's the deal, thinking about picking up an ugly early 2000s white Bledsoe for a steal.  I know, he barely played here but that first season was actually pretty fun.  OR and an ugly early blue 2000s Travis Henry for not as much a steal. What should I do?  

Spare me the get someone better stuff because these obscure jerseys are the ones I'm looking for.  Have also considered a TO and would love to hunt down a white Stevie Jersey for a good price.

Any interest in a jp losman?

• Haha (+1) 1