Obscure jersey advice

i spent years hunting down my Beebe, Conlan, Norwood, Todd Collins, Mohr, Christie, Hull. Hansen and Ritcher. Pics are on IG at @yellowsub73 Some of these gamers are tough to find - but they are out there!! Sadly for retail Mitchell and Ness just make the hits. Before being purchased by Reebok, they made a nice Joe Cribbs, Throwback Kelly, OJ, and Joe D. Then they came out with the super bowl 25 kelly, thurman, and reed but the fonts were messed up so they cancelled them and redid them 2 years later along with a kelly, Bruce,  and thurman blue 1994. They make a kelly, reed, Thurman,  and bruce LEGENDS series that are more low end that are the 90s colors but the style and fonts arent like anything the Bills ever used. Sand Knit made retail authentics for #55, #12, #83 until 1988 and then Champion made authentics for Kelly, Reed, Bruce and Thurman until 1996. Once in a while you see authentic odd balls that were ordered from a mail away catalog but MOST from that era come from local stores that had blank champion or red fox that would sew on numbers of whoever you wanted. Not accurate as they were screened, but still there. Puma and Logo Athletic Flutie, Moulds, Johnson, Brown, and Collins had the retail authentic jerseys until they gave way to Reebok Bledsoes, Henreys, Moulds and Evans. Bassically any star a team had, you can find retail authentics. We had so many qbs that you can find authentic retail Holcombs and VanPelts too. 

My work recently bought a HUGE collection of Bills stuff from a former employee who recently retired. Hundreds of jerseys as well as hundreds of pants, hats, wall pictures from before the remodel, stadium signs, flags, helmets, shoulder pads, cleats, shirts, thousands of gloves, hats, shirts, game balls, presentation balls, even the logo from the old locker room carpet! BUT, back on topic, the jerseys - all gamers from 1990 to 2016 or so and the names are just amazing to remember. I had a blast doing the inventory. Anywho, because the Bills never have a year end garage sale like most teams- we are going to have one! So, there will be an influx of odd ball Bills jerseys out there this year. Now, some gamers fit like a tube - but most people can fit in a Jerry Ostrowski with no issues:)

Edited by gobills1212

.-6460793075033213902.thumb.jpg.55f4651b3cafb8cb3f7ff65b949549b3.jpg

I also have a Champion Moulds screened, Reebok 2-tone Bledsoe navy, and newer Nike Stevie & Watkins. I don't live in WNY, and wouldn't dream of ever wearing them again. Thurman throwback by Mitchell & Ness & the only one I wear anymore.

2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

THAT'S what I'm talking about!  I gotta get respect at the urinal trow somehow.

I'd go with Sam Gash or Nate Odomes - either will make the Red Sea part when it's time to belly up, but are subtle enough to avoid awkward high fives while handling your business.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I'd go with Sam Gash or Nate Odomes - either will make the Red Sea part when it's time to belly up, but are subtle enough to avoid awkward high fives while handling your business.

Friend of mine has home and away Sam Gash, and a different guy from the tailgate crew has a blue Mike Lodish. 

Here’s my second fave from my collection, 84 Fergy, with AFL 25th Anniversary patch.

A5249E21-EF61-4FA9-9B7A-01B39333D2CA.jpeg

I have the ultimate obscure jersey collection- just ran a tournament on IG. I have over 400 NFL jerseys from all team;  about 75 Bills jerseys. The most obscure from back in the day are game worn because they didn't make replicas for every player like they can/do now. 

www.instagram.com/stuck_in_the_90s_sports

Edited by Jamie Nails
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I have the ultimate obscure jersey collection- just ran a tournament on IG. I have over 400 NFL jerseys from all team;  about 75 Bills jerseys. The most obscure from back in the day are game worn because they didn't make replicas for every player like they can/do now. 

www.instagram.com/stuckinthe90ssports

Found your IG, nice page. The link is no good, no underscores.

Also those Nordiques jackets are ?!

• Like (+1) 1