Any TBD Car Enthusiasts Out There?

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Soon as I find myself with a small lump of money:

11010939-1965-buick-riviera-std-c.jpg

Probably the most aesthetically pleasing American car, in my opinion.

,,,certainly agree.....Rivieras from that era are sharp....probably megabucks at Streetside......

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Hence your screen name...?

No kidding it worth a lot more now.

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I have a 2002 Roush Stage I convertible with 23,000 original miles for sale now.

My wife’s nephew has a 2014 roush with over 800 Horse. He has a lot of money into it now.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

No kidding it worth a lot more now.

My wife’s nephew has a 2014 roush with over 800 Horse. He has a lot of money into it now.

....wow!......mine is stock 260 HP or probably 270 with side exhausts......I was thinking about engine mods, but just bought a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport with 2,700 miles instead.....it was the only year they offered black rose metallic (has Kalahari/camel leather).....going to keep the 2015 Camaro 2SS RS convertible.....actually is an Indy Commemorative Edition that GM execs drove for Indy 500 Speedweek......have #49 of 100 plate and all of the paperwork of the Indy driver they drove around the track....

Three cars, in order of what I want. 

1. 1963 split rear window Corvette

2. 1970 1/2 Chevelle, in Hugger orange with white stripes down the middle

3. A new Acura NSX.

I don't have any money but I am proud of getting my 2005 Honda CR-V to 274k currently.

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I have a 2002 Roush Stage I convertible with 23,000 original miles for sale now.

I’m pretty sold on the Cobra as it’s just built far superior to any of the other models for it’s time. But I’d love to see yours. You have a pic? And what’s your price? 

Current ride - 2018 BMW M240 xDrive.  Small, fast little coupe.  0-60 in 4.2 stock with phenomenal handling and balance.  Uses the same engine as the new Z4 and the new Toyota Supra (believe it or not).  Have had it since April 18 and have seen exactly 1 other one on the road.  That's why I like it so much, it's a sleeper and you don't see any around.  I see a Camaro or Mustang or Challenger every time I go out for a drive.  Now, rarely do you see the high end ones of those, but you see a ton of SS's, GTs, and SRTs.  Cool, and fast, but too common for me.

On the M240 I will be modding intake, exhaust, mid-pipe, and do a performance tune to start, but going to wait until after warranty.

Desired rides:

2011 BMW 1M

2019/20 BMW M2 Competition

2007 Audi RS4

1978 Corvette

Desired side rides:

Toyota 4Runner

Jeep Cherokee XJ

Edited by Mark80

tell me about it, they can be above 50K for a fully restored one.  I actually wouldn't mind a project car, despite my complete lack of knowledge of cars, repairs etc.....it's probably a pipe dream, but we'll see

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I hear they are VERY rare and expensive

29 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

tell me about it, they can be above 50K for a fully restored one.  I actually wouldn't mind a project car, despite my complete lack of knowledge of cars, repairs etc.....it's probably a pipe dream, but we'll see

More like 100k.

New Corvette introduced.  0-60 under 3. Mid engine.  GPS to store 1,000 locations.  Will raise the nose up, adjust suspension of vehicle up 2 inches (the nose/front) to clear bumps, potholes, driveway grade, etc..

Not a bad super-car for $60K base!  Fords blow...

My Brother just picked up an '18 Grand Sport...

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

New Corvette introduced.  0-60 under 3. Mid engine.  GPS to store 1,000 locations.  Will raise the nose up, adjust suspension of vehicle up 2 inches (the nose/front) to clear bumps, potholes, driveway grade, etc..

no doubt it'll be quite a vehicle, i just think it's losing it's 'merica identity, looks like a NSX and Lambo had a baby; now if the public reacts positively then they did it right but i look at your true blue vette dude (or chick) as having that non-european appeal.

for the last 3 years i had 3 Caddy's in my driveway, i'm just in love with where the brand is now:

• 2017 CTS V
  • 2017 XT5 (Wife's car)
  • 2012 CTS V wagon - in the garage, covered...

Truthfully i'm getting to that point that getting in and out of cars 3 inches from the ground is a PITA and i like the fact crossovers are getting the high end 'supercar' mentality so i've Carmaxed my 2017 V and ordered a Jag F-Pace SVR (that Jag just delayed the build date 1 month ?) and i'll trade in my Wife's car and that will be our sole daily driver.

i love cars and appreciate them, rarely am i jealous as i'm just happy someone owns it and is taking good care of it.  i love the new technology thats coming to cars and am excited to see it all unfold.

i still have that retirement dream or restoring a 67 camaro convertible (427) but my ambitions might be greater than my ability.

am i the only one stoked to see the autonomous driving functionality? 

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The new Mustang chews up and spits out lame Bowties

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25862095/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-photos-info/

35 minutes ago, mrags said:

Looks very good man. Basically everything I want. I just want the cobra. What are you asking? 

...starting at $15,495.......just put $2,000 into Nitto Extreme tires and Motorsport rims as well as $450 to replace front calipers/pads.....passed NYS Inspection June 2019...

13 minutes ago, Say When... said:

no doubt it'll be quite a vehicle, i just think it's losing it's 'merica identity, looks like a NSX and Lambo had a baby; now if the public reacts positively then they did it right but i look at your true blue vette dude (or chick) as having that non-european appeal.

for the last 3 years i had 3 Caddy's in my driveway, i'm just in love with where the brand is now:

• 2017 CTS V
  • 2017 XT5 (Wife's car)
  • 2012 CTS V wagon - in the garage, covered...

Truthfully i'm getting to that point that getting in and out of cars 3 inches from the ground is a PITA and i like the fact crossovers are getting the high end 'supercar' mentality so i've Carmaxed my 2017 V and ordered a Jag F-Pace SVR (that Jag just delayed the build date 1 month ?) and i'll trade in my Wife's car and that will be our sole daily driver.

i love cars and appreciate them, rarely am i jealous as i'm just happy someone owns it and is taking good care of it.  i love the new technology thats coming to cars and am excited to see it all unfold.

i still have that retirement dream or restoring a 67 camaro convertible (427) but my ambitions might be greater than my ability.

am i the only one stoked to see the autonomous driving functionality? 

Fair enough.  I prefer the more raw go-kart feel.

Have this exact vehicle (2014), 6-speed.  Still does a respectable 0-60 in 6 (not tuned) with a 142 top end... Twin-Turbo, with overboost. Has rev matching. It will get up there and hold it's own... Still almost 4,000 pounds curb weight...

I let my son drive it... Probably just give it to him.  Chews through snow with a set of 16" Blizzaks:

2014_cooper_s.jpg

Great year round daily driver.  Gets close to 40mpg on highway and around 25mpg in SportMode, driving it hard.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois