Any TBD Car Enthusiasts Out There?

I can appreciate a nice car/truck, but I've never had the time, effort or money to make it a hobby. We're finally without car payments and its awesome.  I have a 13 Tacoma with 70K miles and I'll probably drive it for another 5 years. There's a ton a awesome rides out there that I pass on the street and think,  man it would be nice to have that. Then I think about paying for it and shake my head. Its nuts that a high end pickup truck is essentially a mortgage payment. 

21 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i've recently began debating the process of finding a 1967 21 window VW Bus, not sure i'll be able to afford it, but I'm doing some early digging into the feasibility of it

..Dave Kindig from Kindigit Designs did one....absolutely awesome......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

31 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i've recently began debating the process of finding a 1967 21 window VW Bus, not sure i'll be able to afford it, but I'm doing some early digging into the feasibility of it

Driving with a friend recently he pointed out a parked VW Bus. What a flashback! It looked to me like they left Woodstock, and were still trying to find their way home! 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Within the next 2-3 years I’m looking at buying a 2003-2004 “Terminator” Mustang SVT Cobra convertible. 

139C3D9F-8FE3-48AA-9115-C6BC3988C699.jpeg

My buddy has a 2003 triple black convertible SVT cobra with 10,000 miles 

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Within the next 2-3 years I’m looking at buying a 2003-2004 “Terminator” Mustang SVT Cobra convertible. 

139C3D9F-8FE3-48AA-9115-C6BC3988C699.jpeg

We rented a red Mustang convertible on a trip to Northern California. I’m only 6’1” and I didn’t fit well. It blocked my vision!

But the funny part is.....the first night we stayed in Monterey. I woke up as the wife comes out of the bathroom. She said “I’m nervous about driving south on the highway, right next to the cliffs”. I said “don’t be silly, this is America, not a Third World country. We have guard rails and reliable safety measures”. 

So.....I then click the ON button for the TV, and the first words we hear are....”and last night, a couple fell 400 feet to their death driving south on the.....”

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

We rented a red Mustang convertible on a trip to Northern California. I’m only 6’1” and I didn’t fit well. It blocked my vision!

But the funny part is.....the first night we stayed in Monterey. I woke up as the wife comes out of the bathroom. She said “I’m nervous about driving south on the highway, right next to the cliffs”. I said “don’t be silly, this is America, not a Third World country. We have guard rails and reliable safety measures”. 

So.....I then click the ON button for the TV, and the first words we hear are....”and last night, a couple fell 400 feet to their death driving south on the.....”

That’s a crazy story. And I’m far from a small guy. I owned a 1999 mustang convertible in the past. I probably won’t fit as well as I used to. But the “Terminator” is an icon of late 90s early 2000s. I’ve had my mind in the body style since I traded my 99 in back in 04. I will have my Cobra. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s a crazy story. And I’m far from a small guy. I owned a 1999 mustang convertible in the past. I probably won’t fit as well as I used to. But the “Terminator” is an icon of late 90s early 2000s. I’ve had my mind in the body style since I traded my 99 in back in 04. I will have my Cobra. 

I hope you get it, and I hope to see it at a tail gate one day! 

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

Can I borrow it when it comes out of the shop?

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can I borrow it when it comes out of the shop?

Lol. Yeah. After it’s in the shop for a Kenne Belle or Whipple supercharger upgrade and I’m smoking fools with 500+Hp

• Like (+1) 1