Do you think you can be hypnotized?

Wondering what some of you think of this. I don't think it would work on me. I think that I may be too "brain strong" I guess you could say. I don't know, I just wonder if it really works and whatnot. I've seen a few videos and a few things here and there on t.v, but sometimes it seems kinda hard to believe someone could kinda "control" your mind like that.

Also don't think I could just fall asleep like it seems some do. I don't know, what do some of you think of this?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I don't think I could be hypnotized, but I also would never try. Kinda like letting a kinky chick handcuff you to the bed....not gonna happen, never, no way. I cannot give up all control. Some, but not all.

What is hypnotism?  If it is a relaxed “state of consciousness” that causes one to be more prone to suggestion/manipulation, then I believe in it and see the therapeutic utility.  I do not believe in the traditional notion of hypnotism, in that, it turns you into a zombie that will click like a chicken if ordered to do so.  That’s BS.

No, wouldn't work on me.

This is one of those things that is "fake" in my opinion, because the person to be hypnotized has to be a willing participant in the charade, if you know what I mean.

I.E., if you are not going out of your way to be hypnotized and if you do not want to be hypnotized, you will not be.

That is my take on it.

It's kind of like some forms of martial art, where the person receiving a blow is kind of willingly participating with the attacker, allowing himself to be thrown or hit or whatever.  It's like a dance with both parties cooperating.

Real violence doesn't work that way.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

High pitched farts?

Sometimes....get a little stingy sensation.

Other times, regular release.  And in other times, like opening a Dr. Pepper bottle...powerful and all at once.  That’s the kind you get when bloated and your stomach shrinks.  Know what I’m saying?

23 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What is hypnotism?  If it is a relaxed “state of consciousness” that causes one to be more prone to suggestion/manipulation, then I believe in it and see the therapeutic utility.  I do not believe in the traditional notion of hypnotism, in that, it turns you into a zombie that will click like a chicken if ordered to do so.  That’s BS.

But might it help me to STOP clucking like a chicken? I’ll try almost anything! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sometimes....get a little stingy sensation.

Other times, regular release.  And in other times, like opening a Dr. Pepper bottle...powerful and all at once.  That’s the kind you get when bloated and your stomach shrinks.  Know what I’m saying?

I do. You have what’s called a variable bung.  If you try hypnotism when you have the Dr. Pepper gas I think you’ll be more successful.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I do. You have what’s called a variable bung.  If you try hypnotism when you have the Dr. Pepper gas I think you’ll be more successful.

Your bung knowledge is vast!