Many think Beane believes Allen should model his game after Cam Newton... but he hints it’s actually Russell Wilson

12 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Really? Was it the reporter who wrote that title? At newspapers, the reporters don't write the titles. And since nothing in the article says what the title does, I'd bet the same is true here ... that some editor somewhere looking for more hits jazzed up the headline by overpromising what was in the article.

So what Beane actually said was nothing more than that Beane wants Allen to do a better job of balancing the run and the pass, and that one example of a guy who did that was Wilson.

So, your title, "Many think Beane believes Allen should model his game after cam Newton ... but he hints it's actually Russell Wilson," has nothing in it of anything Beane actually said or implied. That headline is half your own mention of Cam and half a headline written by we know not who ... and nothing Beane actually said or implied.

What the reporter actually says in the article is simply that he used Wilson as an example. Your headline doesn't represent at all what the reporter was saying or what Beane said. I know it's the offseason but jeez.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d35a447314e686849

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Parrino's tweet: "Who does Brandon Beane think is the model when it comes to choosing to run?"

Your headline: "Many think Beane believes Allen should model his game after Cam Newton ... but he hints it's actually Russell Wilson."

Misses the target if you're saying you took the headline from the tweet. Not a huge deal by any means but it does misrepresent what was said.

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Parrino's tweet: "Who does Brandon Beane think is the model when it comes to choosing to run?"

Your headline: "Many think Beane believes Allen should model his game after Cam Newton ... but he hints it's actually Russell Wilson."

Misses the target if you're saying you took the headline from the tweet. Not a huge deal by any means but it does misrepresent what was said.

It’s a thread title... not a headline in some publication. I don’t really get the issue. Sorry though?

Edited by YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Really? Was it the reporter who wrote that title? At newspapers, the reporters don't write the titles. And since nothing in the article says what the title does, I'd bet the same is true here ... that some editor somewhere looking for more hits jazzed up the headline by overpromising what was in the article.

So what Beane actually said was nothing more than that Beane wants Allen to do a better job of balancing the run and the pass, and that one example of a guy who did that was Wilson.

So, your title, "Many think Beane believes Allen should model his game after cam Newton ... but he hints it's actually Russell Wilson," has nothing in it of anything Beane actually said or implied. That headline is half your own mention of Cam and half a headline written by we know not who ... and nothing Beane actually said or implied.

What the reporter actually says in the article is simply that he used Wilson as an example. Your headline doesn't represent at all what the reporter was saying or what Beane said. I know it's the offseason but jeez.

this guy ^^

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this guy ^^

I may be overreacting. Probably am, and should've just shut up.

Misleading thread titles just irritate me. I'll let go of it now.

Sorry, all.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Not lately.  Seahawks haven't had a top 10 D (scoring or yards) for the past 2 years.  In 2017, Wilson scored 37 of the team's 38 TDs (and STILL didn't win the MVP).

Other than perhaps Brady and Rodgers, Wilson has the best vision in the game.  He's very smart, freakishly athletic and has a big arm.  

That's the guy I want Allen to be.  Not rock-head Cam Newton.

Wilson scored all but one of his teams TDs on a playoff team without an elite D and that was not enough to win MVP? that is crazy but shows how much seattle is just out of our everyday thought process.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I think Allen should throw more, and complete a higher percentage of his passes and not worry about other QB's.

That was largely due to Allen not having a guy like Beasley in the slot. I think McKenzie showed flashes of being that guy but he was wildly inconsistent. What Allen needs is a guy like Bell, Kamara or McCaffery, a RB that can take a 1yd pass for 10 yards, last year that was impossible because our line was so bad that our backs would be taken down like a sack of potatoes.

I think our line will be much improved, albeit not on a Dallas Cowboy level, but more along the lines of a mediocre, middle of the league, middling unit in the NFL, but enough as to where Allen has more time and options.

I think if you combine our line upgrades, with slot upgrades and RB upgrades, we may see a completion % well above 60%. Don't forget that Allen had all offseason to stew on the playbook.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I think if you combine our line upgrades, with slot upgrades and RB upgrades, we may see a completion % well above 60%. Don't forget that Allen had all offseason to stew on the playbook.

Ok, well that would be quite something, but I am doubting that.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would rather him Model his Game after, Rodgers, Brees, Brady

That would be great but, he’s just not that type of QB. He can still be very successful. His success will hinge not on accurate, quick timed throws but rather on the big play, athletic ability, and intelligence. Rodgers would be the closest of those 3. 

11 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Ok, well that would be quite something, but I am doubting that.

You could be right, I could be wrong, no doubt. I personally think Allen takes a step forward this year and becomes a middling QB, albeit a middling QB with the top rushing attack and a top 10 defense. 

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You could be right, I could be wrong, no doubt. I personally think Allen takes a step forward this year and becomes a middling QB, albeit a middling QB with the top rushing attack and a top 10 defense. 

I think too many fans are under the false impression that because they grabbed a bunch of O-Linemen in free agency and drafted one that the OL is "fixed".  I'm not sold on the "top rushing attack" bit.

And my god, are we shooting for a middling QB after passing on Mahomes?

Edited by MacGyver

3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I think too many fans are under the false impression that because they grabbed a bunch of O-Linemen in free agency and drafted one that the OL is "fixed".  I'm not sold on the "top rushing attack" bit.

And my god, are we shooting for a middling QB after passing on Mahomes?

I think we have at least 3 good starters. Dawkins is a guy who I feel will rebound, he had no help last year, I think he'll be just fine. Morse is our best center since Eric Wood, he is a mountain of a man. Ford is a guy whom id like to see at RG, he should be a good starter. That leaves two spots on that OL I'm unsure of, but I think mediocrity is our floor as far as the OL is concerned. 

Mahomes once again landed in a golden situation. He had a great year, no doubt. My point is, Mahomes would have been a middling QB in Buffalo. 

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I think we have at least 3 good starters. Dawkins is a guy who I feel will rebound, he had no help last year, I think he'll be just fine. Morse is our best center since Eric Wood, he is a mountain of a man. Ford is a guy whom id like to see at RG, he should be a good starter. That leaves two spots on that OL I'm unsure of, but I think mediocrity is our floor as far as the OL is concerned. 

Mahomes once again landed in a golden situation. He had a great year, no doubt. My point is, Mahomes would have been a middling QB in Buffalo. 

The OL will be better yes, but McCoy and Gore?  I mean, people think our HC is good?  Then why all the ancient RB's?

We'll see, but IMO, OL is not something you fix in one off season and one training camp.  Mosre scares me as injury prone.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would be great but, he’s just not that type of QB. He can still be very successful. His success will hinge not on accurate, quick timed throws but rather on the big play, athletic ability, and intelligence. Rodgers would be the closest of those 3. 

Even give me Big Ben production minus the Road Issues he has. Be hard to bring down in the Pocket. Extend plays in the Pocket and deliver a strike. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Even give me Big Ben production minus the Road Issues he has. Be hard to bring down in the Pocket. Extend plays in the Pocket and deliver a strike. 

Hey, Josh.  Just be like a HOF QB who has won 2 SBs.  No pressure! ?