Civil War

40 minutes ago, KRC said:

Agreed. It would be ugly and there would be no winners. Regardless of who "won," the outcomes would be pretty similar. Suppression of the other side. Forcing their ideology on the other side. No wiggle room. No compromise.

However, if I were to pick a side, I would pick the side with the guns.

John Brown Gun Club?

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Explain your line of reasoning so I can understand.

The war's not going to be fought by large units of well-equipped ground troops engaged in high-tech Clausewitzian-style fighting.  It'll be more Maoist in style.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The war's not going to be fought by large units of well-equipped ground troops engaged in high-tech Clausewitzian-style fighting.  It'll be more Maoist in style.

OK, but should it not be easy for the military to silence the media in the early stages of a civil war?  Maybe I should not assume this but most likely the military will align with a right wing political body?  Will it be a matter that the rank and file of the military really is not right wing in nature and will resist orders that puts them at odds with non-rightists.  Thinking of people who joined out of high school because they have no place to go or ones that are using it for college purposes or general civilian trades.  Ones that look at the military as an avenue as opposed to an ideal or a way of life.  I'm far enough removed from youth that I don't get a lot of cross talk on new enlistments/ROTC anymore.

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

OK, but should it not be easy for the military to silence the media in the early stages of a civil war?  Maybe I should not assume this but most likely the military will align with a right wing political body?  Will it be a matter that the rank and file of the military really is not right wing in nature and will resist orders that puts them at odds with non-rightists.  Thinking of people who joined out of high school because they have no place to go or ones that are using it for college purposes or general civilian trades.  Ones that look at the military as an avenue as opposed to an ideal or a way of life.  I'm far enough removed from youth that I don't get a lot of cross talk on new enlistments/ROTC anymore.

To destroy the first amendment (free press) you'd have to knock out all the power in the country because the media is everywhere. Not sure how'd you'd get an organized national force together to take on law enforcement, the national guard and the military. Unless it's a revolution from. Within the government, like Trump tells his supporters there will be no more elections! Rise up my brothers!! Rise up!! 

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think if the conservatives just sit tight the progs will eat their own, and the problem will fix itself.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Who attached the detention center, who attacked Andy Ngo, ?

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/liberals-cheer-as-antifa-violence-escalates/

That's a long way from Tim McVeigh the synagogue shooting in Pittsburg, the church shooting in South Carolina and the sending of bombs by a Trump supporter

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Whatever happens, I just don't want to be stuck with the side that gets NYC. ?

Ya, remember 9-11 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I think if the conservatives just sit tight the progs will eat their own, and the problem will fix itself.

I see the progressives splinter into factions based on their personal objectives and an unwillingness to work with others under the auspices of a single party.  Too divided to spark a civil war but who knows for sure.

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

To destroy the first amendment (free press) you'd have to knock out all the power in the country because the media is everywhere. Not sure how'd you'd get an organized national force together to take on law enforcement, the national guard and the military. Unless it's a revolution from. Within the government, like Trump tells his supporters there will be no more elections! Rise up my brothers!! Rise up!! 

There are so many avenues for a civil war to follow who knows.  I'm not talking about destroying the First Amendment but selected trimming at first such as blocking the letter networks.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No, the pen is mightier than the sword. How would this happen? Terrorist acts. No one, left or right, is going to support terrorism. It will begin and end with idiots blowing something up and the law putting them in jail while the terrorists look weak, stupid and isolated. 

Wanna put it to the test? You bring a pen and I’ll bring a sword. 

The real winners of a shooting civil war in this country is the Chinese or whoever comes to mop up what’s left. 

A real and true civil war would have to  start with some big shocking thing like nuclear explosions, or an EMP- has anyone seen Jericho? It could be something like that. 

Edited by whatdrought

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wanna put it to the test? You bring a pen and I’ll bring a sword. 

The real winners of a shooting civil war in this country is the Chinese or whoever comes to mop up what’s left. 

A real and true civil war would have to  start with some big shocking thing like nuclear explosions, or an EMP- has anyone seen Jericho? It could be something like that. 

In a war, information is just as important, if not more so, than weapons. 

And if you mean personally, no I'd use the gun and get you before you had any information about where I was, lol 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

That's a long way from Tim McVeigh the synagogue shooting in Pittsburg, the church shooting in South Carolina and the sending of bombs by a Trump supporter

Ya, remember 9-11 

The difference is the perp was inept thankfully.  Had he been able to explode that propane tank it would be a different story.

What about the congressional baseball field shootings.  Were they terrorism?

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In a war, information is just as important, if not more so, than weapons. 

And if you mean personally, no I'd use the gun and get you before you had any information about where I was, lol 

Information is only important if you have the recourses to use it. 

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The difference is the perp was inept thankfully.  Had he been able to explode that propane tank it would be a different story.

What about the congressional baseball field shootings.  Were they terrorism?

No- according to tibs that was just some random occurrence. Not terrorism at all because it doesn’t fit the narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1