Civil War

So with the fracturing of the country the past few years this term has been thrown out there a lot (quite flippantly I might add) lately.  I have no idea if we'd ever come to blows but here are my questions.  What would it look like?  What would be the outcome? What would the country look like if the left won and what would the country look like if right won.  I really don't this this would ever happen but it is scary that it's even bandied about.  Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

Nobody would "win" if there was a Civil War

Agreed. It would be ugly and there would be no winners. Regardless of who "won," the outcomes would be pretty similar. Suppression of the other side. Forcing their ideology on the other side. No wiggle room. No compromise.

However, if I were to pick a side, I would pick the side with the guns.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, KRC said:

Agreed. It would be ugly and there would be no winners. Regardless of who "won," the outcomes would be pretty similar. Suppression of the other side. Forcing their ideology on the other side. No wiggle room. No compromise.

Well that is my thought as well.  Not only are many of the gun owners right leaning so is much of the military.  

And "won/win/winners" is likely not a great concept as yes this would be horrible and one one wins in a horror.  However what I was getting at was what might the end results look like?  

8 minutes ago, KRC said:

I'd pick the side with the media.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

However what I was getting at was what might the end results look like?  

A lot of destruction. The left has shown that they are willing to literally burn everything down to get back in power. The right would ***** them up with superior weaponry. I think that the escalations now are a result of the right finally showing a backbone and standing up to the bullying of the left. They are used to people backing down. Then they ran into Trump and he is not going to put up with it. That is emboldening the right to fight back against the bullying.

End result: scorched earth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, KRC said:

No, the pen is mightier than the sword. How would this happen? Terrorist acts. No one, left or right, is going to support terrorism. It will begin and end with idiots blowing something up and the law putting them in jail while the terrorists look weak, stupid and isolated. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, the pen is mightier than the sword. How would this happen? Terrorist acts. No one, left or right, is going to support terrorism. It will begin and end with idiots blowing something up and the law putting them in jail while the terrorists look weak, stupid and isolated. 

Antifa and BLM say 'Hi!'

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They have not committed acts of terrorism. 

The Nazis, "You won't replace us" crowd and Trump supporters have. Tim McVeigh 

They absolutely have committed multiple acts of terrorism.   {Wonders why he is even wasting his time with TOC}

Edited by KRC
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Antifa and other leftist extremists will likely be the flashpoint.

There would be a short and bloody response, with many killed.

and a quick response by the elite media (as Tom mentions)  condemning all things American.

Wait a few years..................Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think we are likely to just fracture.  Stronger states rights and limited federal powers could get us there incrementally.  With remote white collar work being such a potential equalizer, I can see big expensive cities being hollowed out and States getting further and further apart culturally and politically.  I think that would be the best possible outcome.